Amazon Cloud Support Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Cloud Support Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Dallas, TX) in March 2019.

Interview

1. Online Assessment

In this there are a couple of rounds on test cases, networking, databases and many other things. 4-5 rounds in total.

2. On Site Interview

2 HR and 2 Technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• Q. HR Questions based on the leadership principles.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Dallas, TX) in October 2018.

Interview

Great experience. I first had an online assessment with two different type of questions. One was customer support related quiz as in what would you do when facing certain work life scenarios. The second part was a Networking n Linux based quiz. If you excel in that you would be directly contacted for on-site interview. There were four rounds. 2 technical and 2 behavioral. The overall interview was a positive experience. Unfortunately, I didn’t do well.

Interview Questions

• Troubleshooting Network scenarios   2 Answers

Cloud Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2019.

Interview

Initial technical screening, followed by a technical phone interview. The engineer who interviewed me deliberately tried to confuse me several times. They asked me the same question several times. We discussed my current aws certifications and my favorite aws services, however, even with certs, it didn't seem to be enough.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you know the OSI model and dns very well.   1 Answer

Cloud Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Assessment, and on-site interview after, not yet finished so can not provide much information at this point. But they do require good knowledge of interet, trouble shooting and customer service experience.

Interview Questions

• For the assessment, bacsic networking problems like what other people mentioned   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Portland, OR) in July 2019.

Interview

CSA- Networking
    Assessment, call with recruiter and then site visit .

While writing assessment itself I got doubt on Amazon's fake rant on Customer obsession. In assessment answers which seems correct are not actually customer friendly it was corporate friendly(I mean corporate policy friendly). You will find some answers which are actually keeping customer in limbo rather then solving issue, but I passed cause these were the only best options to say to a customer among available options(not to help customer just to portray that Amazon is helping, basically politically correct)
    Got request for 15 minute introduction call from recruiter(Time was literally mentioned in email, I am currently working professional so I gave time according to my schedule considering it would be basic information call whether I passed my given assessment and what would be next step)
    Call lasted more then 30 minutes, and I was asked 3-4 scenario questions which I was not mentioned in mail from recruiter that it would be an interview(now I am not even sure if recruiter was asking those questions to judge me or to just give me an idea about real interview on site, and I felt it is inappropriate to ask recruiter if I am having interview right now, I mean who would like to give away candidacy with such a question to recruiter). However, I have given my best and was invited on-site.

On- site 4 rounds - 2 technical 2 behavioral.
    Round -1 Technical round- Interviewer was really nice friendly and humble person. But I feel I didn't get any tough questions all basic networking. (May be I am already working in VPC company that is why I felt so).
    However, interviewer doesn't seem to be very confident answering my follow up questions on leadership and his requirements for the team, as if he knows only about formal JD nothing else.
    Round -2 Behavioral Round by manager- Very nice interviewer with a technical background. I got confused in one scenario as I had prepared many, but, I asked to tell my answer again and went deep to make him understand what happened. I think did well in other scenarios.
    His response to my follow up question was satisfactory to me and I was happy.
    Round 3- Behavioral Round by manager- Again very nice interviewer with a technical background.
    I had many scenarios prepared as in my current job I am customer facing, still I took 10-20 seconds to decide which one I should tell as I have used best of them already in previous rounds.
    Fully satisfied by response of my follow up questions from interviewer.
    Round 4 - Technical interview for secondary skill(Linux)- Literally, interviewer get in and told me this is only for your secondary skill.
    Interviewer was kind of humble and accommodating. But for me Linux is not very friendly I know basic commands not deep insight of other storage and file-system related commands.
    This is where I screwed up. Interviewer didn't even bother to ask me follow up questions.

However, starting from the recruiter, to all my interviewers I had asked their requirements of what they are looking for in candidate everyone included networking no one even said Linux. Of course JD said basic Linux but not sure how much is basic, I think it is boot process, able to see memory usage/processor, disk space, change permission for groups/users. These all I know, but I screwed my secondary skill interview.

Also, my referral told me there is a need of a very good resource for IP-sec VPN so my candidacy is strong(Its my daily job to work with IP-Sec with Cisco and vYos environment). I tried to get deep in my networking skills with interviewer but I was not asked any challenging questions. Not even a single one for VPN,
    I have a bad feeling that I intimidated my network interviewer. But at the same time I would say interviewer should have enough experience to handle confident/or may be over confidant candidate.

Interview Questions

• Assessment is very basic network question and somewhat tricky customer facing behavioral scenario.
      Signed NDA, but you must know basic networking and how data transferred from all layers
      Leadership Scenarios- I prepared 11-12 (If you are working professional then you might get those easily. Only prepare how/what you did which reflects those Amazon leadership principle).

Not sure, if Amazon really using those principles within company, interview process(not steps) is broken.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Herndon, VA) in July 2019.

Interview

I've got an onsite interview. There are total 4 rounds, 2 rounds technical interviews and 2 rounds BQ. Everyone is very nice. There is no breaks between the interviews, basically when you're nearly finished with one interviewee, the next interviewee is already waiting outside the room, but you still have time to grab a drink or go to the restroom.

Interview Questions

• they ask a lot behavior questions and their leadership principles, and how these principles connects to your experiences   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

I received an email by a recruiter for an opportunity within the AWS Cloud Support teams. I give a try, and I was selected to be interviewed by a phone call

Interview Questions

• I had technical question about the linux booting process and a use case how to troubleshoot a filesystem, regarding networking, the questions were around TCP and UDP.   1 Answer

Cloud Support Associate Interview

Interview

basic questions on networking, linux boot process, tcp, dns, dhcp, udp, RAID and logical volume, clustering, traceroute working, 3 way handshake, cloud architecture, linux trouble shooting steps, behavioral questions, MTU, Window size, MSS, stateful firewall, stateless firewall

Interview Questions

• basic questions on networking, linux trouble shooting   1 Answer

Cloud Support Associate Interview

Interview

After the first assessment got phone screening. 45 min round mostly scenario based questions on resume projects and work experience. 2-3 troubleshooting questions. Overall easy interview if you know your stuff.

Interview Questions

• If you type example.com and it doesn't open what would you do?   2 Answers

Cloud Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in July 2019.

Interview

I applied online on 14th May 2019,got the assessment 2 weeks later.I cleared the online assessment and had to wait one month for the next phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled according to the dates I selected from the list.The interview was held for about an hour and I was mostly asked questions related to the security domain for which I was interviewing for. The interviewer was pretty straightforward but he led me deep into the basics with every question. But overall I had a good experience since I studied a lot regarding networking which turned out to be useful for my other interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about Security protocols.   1 Answer
    • Questions on windows administration commands.   1 Answer
    • Explain different types of encryption.   Answer Question