Amazon Cloud Support Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Cloud Support Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Dulles, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks.

Submitted online and through a contact there.
Fit Interview with HR rep
Fit Interviews with several members of the team.

Pretty straightforward questions. Everyone was very friendly and accessible.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain the DNS system?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Cloud Support Associate Interview

Interview

Applied through college, got a call that night from a recruiter and she arranged me for an interview with an engineer. The phone interview took about 1 hour and the interviewer asked a tons of technical questions. Onsite interview was intensive, interviewed by four different people. Didn't do well on basic linux system administration questions. Difference between Raid2 or RAID5, mdadm. Raid and logical volume.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with an angry customer   2 Answers

Cloud Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in September 2014.

Interview

Applied through college. Got a call next day , schedule telephone interview following week.
    Telephonic Interview is for 45 minutes, asked technical questions on Windows, Linux and network troubleshooting, internet basics-blues screen, slow network, http error codes etc

HR later scheduled On-site interview in Dallas.
    Four back to back interviews(45 min-1hr). One interview was on behavioral skills and rest of the three are mixture of technical and soft skills.The technical questions are pretty basic and straightforward-on topics like internet, networking, IP subnets, Windows and Linux troubleshooting, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, cloud architecture, RAID, scripting (find matching rows in two docs) etc.. Most of them are open ended questions like "Tell me everything you know about DNS?"

Lost of behavioral questions on Disagreeing with team , Difficult situations, Situation when you went beyond and above your job description, Amazon leadership principles etc..

I hardly missed any technical question, but didn't do well in behavioral tests. Few times I failed to tell convincing stories I guess.

Interview Questions

• Have trained any of you fellow students or coworkers any time?   1 Answer
    • What is most difficult course you have taken so far? How did you managed with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

My application was submitted through a personal connection, and I got an email to set up an interview. I picked a date, and got no call. I then realized the times they offered were not in my timezone, so three hours later the interview began. My interviewer was very personable and would rephrase and clarify questions he had asked if needed.

Interview Questions

• If a server failed to do a nightly backup, what could be a reason for that?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Herndon, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

One telephonic round followed by an onsite interview. The interview lasted 3 hours and there were four rounds. The focus was on the projects that I had on resume and lot of basics of networking questions.

Interview Questions

• Basics of network troubleshooting and a few questions on clustering.   Answer Question

Cloud Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon in November 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume during the university career fair. After about two weeks, I got a call for phone interview. Interviewer was an Indian guy.The interview lasted for about 50 mins. They are basically checking our knowledge on troubleshooting issues and customer service. Computer network related questions are asked.

Interview Questions

• What happens when you type amazon.com in the browser?
      Linux server troubleshooting steps .
      What is DNS ?
      Explain IPsec briefly.
      What are problems you found with AWS
      How to deal with an angry customer.
      How to handle problems like CPU is 100% occupied or the computer is slow what are the possible problems?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied for multiple positions and was contacted by many recruiters simultaneously. One of the recruiters moved very fast with the hiring process after I was asked If I already got an offer somewhere else and how much time I had to accept the job offer. I already got an offer with another company but wanted something better.

A phone interview was set up the following week. The position requires knowledge of Networking, Windows/Linux OS, Database and Programming. My strength is in Networking, so I thought it would be a cakewalk and dedicated most of my time brushing up other areas.

The recruiter sent me an email about an hour to the interview apologizing for a time conflict and that the interview would be postponed. I accepted the apology and was waiting for a reschedule appointment. To my surprise, I got a call from the interviewer at the scheduled time and I was just disorganized (not in a comfortable environment at that time). I told him about the email I got and He was confused about the update. He said He accepted to interview with me that day and it was a good time for him. He said He would be testing my networking skill but sadly, because of my state of disorderliness, I was unable to give concise answers to very simple basic networking questions and some scenario to analyze (This would have been better answered on a whiteboard). It was obvious to him I knew the answers but had lots of incoherence in my explanation.

He said the recruiter would contact me a week after about the next stages (interview on Windows/Linux, Database, and Programming) and they would decide on where I best fit. The recruiter never contacted me even after I sent follow-up email but I got contacted by another recruiter asking me to take the AWS Windows/Linux challenge online. I did great and that was pretty easy for me as I was preparing for MCSA at that time. This new recruiter later contacted me that He was sorry there was a problem/conflict on my candidacy so they would not be moving forward but I should apply later after 6 months.

Unpleasant experience with the hiring process with lots of conflicts but I learned my lessons. Perhaps it was a bad idea to apply to tons of different positions in different locations, hoping at least one would work.

Interview Questions

• stage 1:
      Basic Networking questions:
      What is the difference between Bandwidth, Delay and Latency?
      What is MTU, Window Size, Segment (MSS)?
      Describe 3-way handshake.
      A scenario question about prefix-match and route summarization
      A scenario question about Stateful/Stateless firewall.
      A scenario question about packet flow in NAT
      How DNS work
      How DHCP work
      What is BGP and describe the states - Idle, Connect, Active, Opensent, Openconfirm, Established.
      Tell me a time you went out of your way to do something amazing for a client.
      Do you have any question for me?   2 Answers
    • Stage2 - AWS Windows Challenge online:

what is Active Directory and why would anyone use it?
      importance of time in a Windows domain
      what is sysprep, sysvol, BSoD, DHCP, DNS, DFSR, WINS, Global Catalog,
      Describe built-in tools to troubleshoot network issues.
      Some best security practices and a scenario on a company under DoS attack and you choose best answers or suggest any additional answer.
      Finally, A bonus project to build a system that is robust and fault-tolerance for a start-up ecommerce website. .   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon (Herndon, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

due to confidential aggrement not able to provide interview questions. But i can say that everything is from experience and the what were you doing. there was phone screening and then followed by F2F interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

it was good, very loyal stressed on their leadership principles, but delayed because bar riser was not available, completely technical and based on real time scenarios. there were 4 rounds first two technical and later two were based on personality. the telephonic round was deeply technical and not much non technical was asked

Cloud Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in May 2016.

Interview

I had applied for the CSA - Database or Analytics position. I was contacted by a recruited to interview for the CSA (regular) position. There was a 45 minute phone call. The interviewer was helpful and asked questions on networking or troubleshooting. A few questions included DNS, DHCP, Hadoop and cloud computing basics.