Amazon Cloud Support Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Cloud Support Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was broken up into four sessions. Two sessions where mostly technical and two focused on fit. I highly suggest learning their leadership principals before interviewing. The technical portion consisted of basic network administrators questions. Make sure you study networking basics before the interview. Overall it was a fairly straightforward process and took about 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• Troubleshoot a user's connection problems.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via email, telling me that they were hiring and that if I were interested I should take the hackerrank challenge. I took the challenge for CSA networking, and after 5 days, I received an other email telling me that I was selected for a phone interview. The phone interview went well, the interviewer was very nice and he asked me a lot of technical questions and a question on a project I was very proud of; he also wanted to know if I went of out my way to learn something new because of a job.
    I thought i didn't do very well on some questions, but a few days later, I received an other email saying that I was selected to come on-site for a face-to-face interview. They paid for my flight, hotel and food; I have never been treated like that by any other company and I give Amazon a lot of kudos on their recruitment process.
    I interviewed at the Dallas forth Worth office. Four rounds of interview of 45 minutes each, and 2 interviewers at the time; hence I interviewed with 8 people. LOL
    2 interviews were technical and 2 a mixture of technical and behavioral.
    My recommendation to candidates is that you should know your worth, be confident, laugh with them and ask them a lot of questions. Many people do well during the technical interviews, and they don't get selected because of poor performance in the behavioral ones. They just want to see how you approach problems, how you deal with difficult situations, and how to solve problems you have never faced before. They also want to see how well you can explain complex projects. It is all about your personality.
    At the end of each interview, try to ask them questions as well, and thank them.

It is not difficult at all.

And glassdoor was very helpful.

Interview Questions

• I signed the non disclosure agreement, and therefore I can't write down all the questions. But know the basics of networking like TCP, UDP, routing protocols, and also how to troubleshoot a network. Know how ping and traceroute work etc.
      On the behavioral side, just be yourself. Show them that you can handle difficult situations, and give examples. While giving examples, don't say "we did", talk about what "you" did. Use "I" a lot.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and contacted by the recruiter for scheduling a 1hr telephonic interview. Within a week I scheduled a telephonic interview. The next day After phone interview I got an email that I cleared it and asked for an onsite interview. Onsite interview had 4 (45 minutes) interviews with 2 Technical and 2 Behavioural

Interview Questions

• I had signed on NDA form so I can't specify interview questions. But mostly questions on Networking concepts, Troubleshooting issues, my projects, and some behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Cloud Support Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon in September 2016.

Interview

Standard interview process with one round of phone interview and four rounds of onsite interviews.

The recruiter was very irresponsible by not providing any information on interview formats(even when I requested) for my phone and onsite interviews. Phone interview was rather easy with networking(TCP/IP) and cloud related questions.

The recruiter later informed me that I passed the phone interview and proceed to an onsite interview on one given date which I already had a conflicting onsite interview scheduled with another company in the Bay Area. She straight out ignored my request to interview on a different date and I had to reschedule my interview with the other company(and they did it promptly).

During the onsite interview, the technical interviews are fine. Basic networking and OS knowledge. But the behavioral interviews are very torturing: why do I HAVE to provide examples for certain scenarios even though I was never in those scenarios? Also, I told one interviewer that I quit PhD because I didn't enjoy reading papers and doing research and would love to explore opportunities in the industry. The interviewer just interpreted it as a fact that I wasn't able to or willing to communicate effectively in English. Thank you very much for the insult.

Overall the interview process makes me feel offended and uncomfortable. :(

Cloud Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in November 2016.

Interview

Gone through assessment and interview(technical). Didn't hear back till date.Hopefully waiting for a response from the college recruiter. Interviews was on Big data technologies as I've written my assessment on Big Data.

Interview Questions

• Hadoop 1.0 & 2.0 architectures and comparisons, Linux commands for troubleshooting.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

1. received email to give some online tests out of the choice of : big data, networking, database, devices. gave big data.
    2. a month later, was asked for onsite interview in dallas.
    3. 4 back-to-back interviews: 2 behavioral and 2 tech.

Interview Questions

• 1. behavioral mostly about previous work experiences, my influence on previous teams, leadership principles.
      2. tech: networking basic: tcp, dns, amazon.com resolution, linux commands, linux troubleshooting basics.
      3. most questions were from glassdoor only from past interviews   1 Answer

Cloud Support Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at Amazon in April 2017.

Interview

In process first was telephonic. General behavior questions about current projects and some networking questions.Basics about linux databases and networking together. TCP/IP, DHCP, RAID.Not very difficult if you prepare and go.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      MAny scenario based questions were also asked   Answer Question

Cloud Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process began with a test. The test was divided into parts which had multiple choice questions pertaining to these topics. After a few week I got an phone interview which went on for 55 minutes. This consisted of tell me about yourself, scenarios of tricky situations with your boss and various other HR questions. Apart from that there was in depth troubleshooting scenarios for Networking. Lastly, I had an onsite interview that consisted of four rounds. Two were HR and other two were based on Networking.
    In all it was a very tedious process but was worth it all!

Cannot reveal questions, signed an NDA.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process took a couple weeks. Started with a phone interview, then an onsite interview in Seattle, WA. Communication was very poor througout the process. I assumed that a company like Amazon who have outstanding communication with potential employees and be transparent.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

It took 3 weeks. First was technical, consisting of 5 sections, choose one. I chose networking, database systems and big data. It was easy and I got it cleared. The next was telephonic in which he asked various questions about TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP servers and lots of troubleshooting questions. I did pretty well in that. The next was onsite call. In which they asked troubleshooting questions again with different protocols questions.

Interview Questions

• How to reach Amazon?
      TCP 3 way handshake?