Amazon Cloud Support Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Cloud Support Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

3.1

Cloud Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in April 2015.

Interview

I didn't apply for this position. Instead, the hr found my resume in talent pool, and asked me if I was interested in this position. We then scheduled the phone screening. The phone screen lasted about 35 min, and was purely technical. The interviewer asked me a lot of questions regarding CCNA concepts, linux systems, and how to troubleshoot hands-on problems.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Richmond, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied on campus job fair. Received email for interview after 2 weeks. 1st round was Phone screening. She jot down every single word I spoke. So be careful when you explain things. Good Luck!

Cloud Support Associate Interview

Interview

submitted my resume at college career fair. Process took about 3 weeks. After two weeks a recruiter called me to schedule a phone interview. The Phone interview was scheduled for about 45 minutes. Interview was completely related to networking and operating systems concepts. overall difficulty was average. was informed that later will have an onsite interview for about 4 to 5 hours

Cloud Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I had 1 technical phone interview and 4 on-site interviews out of which 2 were technical and the other 2 behavioral. The phone interview was pretty straight forward. The on site interviews focused more on behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Linux server troubleshooting steps
      What is DNS?
      Steps for resolving www.amazon.com
      What is DHCP?
      Explain IPsec briefly   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

There was a telephonic interview to start with followed by onsite interview foe 4 rounds. 2 rounds were technical and 2 were behavioral. Debugging skills were put into test in maximum rounds

Interview Questions

• Debugging skills on a webpage nor being found.
      Linux based rounds where they ask you lot on commands
      Basic networking stuff with http, dns in particular.   Answer Question

Cloud Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I was contacted by Amazon based on the resume they got from my university's job portal website.
    The process took 2 weeks approx.
    First I was interviewed over phone for one hour which was a mixture of technical and behavioral question. It included questions on DNS, Unix troubleshooting, CCNA concepts (maybe because I had my CNNA certification mentioned in my resume). The interviewer was friendly and easy going. Then I was contacted by email for the on site interview which went on for around 4 hours conducted by 4 different people. 2 rounds were pure technical and 2 were behavioral.
    Maximum technical questions were from my resume such as routing protocols and their differences, DNS, RAID levels, Active directory and basic Linux commands. The other two rounds were behavioral where I was asked some situational questions.
    Overall I felt the experience was v.positive and welcoming.
    I would suggest if you dont know answer to a question just say u dont know and remember to ask the answer to them before they ask next question. Take few minutes to think for the behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I felt was " What if you have two customers with same problem at the same time, whom you will give the priority and why"   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me what I asked for in compensation before the interview so no point in negotiating after that. I am satisfied with it.

Cloud Support Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online, processes takes 4 weeks, reached by HR for first round phone interview, after past first round phone, there will be second round phone interview before onsite. The process is quite complicated

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Herndon, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

1 Telephonic (1hr) and onsite interview ( 4 rounds each 45 mins). Applied online.
    Telephonic -
    Mostly troubleshooting skills were tested. Scenarios about a network were given and I was asked to solve it. No correct answers as he only wanted to see how I approach the problem. Some networking questions out of CCNA and CCNP.

Interview Questions

• Onsite -
      2 technical, 2 behavioral rounds.
      Technical -
        questions about DNS, DHCP process, TCP/UDP, entire stack and functions of each layer, Active directory, web servers, linux configurations, object oriented programming concepts.
      Some behavioral skills were also tested by giving some situations.

Behavioral -
         Be ready to tell stories about your past work experience and projects to all the behavioral questions. They write down everything you say so be good at it. Leadership qualities are stressed the most. Handling conflicts, handling failures, misjudgement etc are some of the situations. Think over before you start answering. Also prepare for questions like why do you want to work with amazon? what do you want to do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon (Herndon, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

due to confidential aggrement not able to provide interview questions. But i can say that everything is from experience and the what were you doing. there was phone screening and then followed by F2F interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via email, telling me that they were hiring and that if I were interested I should take the hackerrank challenge. I took the challenge for CSA networking, and after 5 days, I received an other email telling me that I was selected for a phone interview. The phone interview went well, the interviewer was very nice and he asked me a lot of technical questions and a question on a project I was very proud of; he also wanted to know if I went of out my way to learn something new because of a job.
    I thought i didn't do very well on some questions, but a few days later, I received an other email saying that I was selected to come on-site for a face-to-face interview. They paid for my flight, hotel and food; I have never been treated like that by any other company and I give Amazon a lot of kudos on their recruitment process.
    I interviewed at the Dallas forth Worth office. Four rounds of interview of 45 minutes each, and 2 interviewers at the time; hence I interviewed with 8 people. LOL
    2 interviews were technical and 2 a mixture of technical and behavioral.
    My recommendation to candidates is that you should know your worth, be confident, laugh with them and ask them a lot of questions. Many people do well during the technical interviews, and they don't get selected because of poor performance in the behavioral ones. They just want to see how you approach problems, how you deal with difficult situations, and how to solve problems you have never faced before. They also want to see how well you can explain complex projects. It is all about your personality.
    At the end of each interview, try to ask them questions as well, and thank them.

It is not difficult at all.

And glassdoor was very helpful.

Interview Questions

• I signed the non disclosure agreement, and therefore I can't write down all the questions. But know the basics of networking like TCP, UDP, routing protocols, and also how to troubleshoot a network. Know how ping and traceroute work etc.
      On the behavioral side, just be yourself. Show them that you can handle difficult situations, and give examples. While giving examples, don't say "we did", talk about what "you" did. Use "I" a lot.   1 Answer