Amazon Cloud Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Cloud Support Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Interview

On site interview lasted for 4 rounds: 2 technical and 2 HR. Technical was mainly focused on networking basics. For HR, preparing well from Leadership Principles is advisable. Interviewers were very friendly. The only drawback is saw is no breaks between the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Dallas, TX) in April 2020.

Interview

The interview process was over the phone and was a more technical interview. The first interview is the company itself wanting to know you better and to see how well your principles fit with their principles.

Interview Questions

• tell me how you have spent time learning new things to help you in your current or past positions   5 Answers

Cloud Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2020.

Interview

Interview Process is long but very smooth. Initially I received an assessment test. After submitting that I received phone interview which was placed after 1 week from assessment test. Phone interview was around 45 mins. Interviewer asked me about my current role, basic networking and linux questions. Prepare tcp/ip, basic linux commands and try to describe your current role as much as possible so interviewer can ask question around that topic. After passing phone interview I got call for on-site interview. 2 technical and 2 behavioral . These interviews are not hard to crack, just try to give answers in star method in behavioral round. come up with some convincing answers. For technical they will cover tcp/ip, NAT, routing, Linux boot process, DNS, DHCP, firewall related questions. Just clear your basic knowledge about networking and linux. I was going for deployment role so they asked more question related to devops , aws , cicd. Cant disclose all the questions. signed NDA. But try to clear basics of networking, linux and your relative field questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon (Dallas, TX) in January 2020.

Interview

I made it through all the rounds to get to onsite interview which was supposed to be 4 rounds (45min each).

Round 1: Technical based deeply on networking.

Even though I applied for DevOps. The guy was throwing questions like a robot with no reaction on his face as he had them prepared in a document. I was able to answer all the questions except for 1 or 2 I wasn't aware of. So, didn't want to guess.

Round 2: Behavioral based on leadership principles

I thoroughly prepared for these behavioral rounds by listing down at least 2 examples from my experience for 14 leadership principles. I answered every freaking thing he asked as I was fully ready with my examples.

Round 3: Bar Raiser ( Behavioral)

Like the above round this was based on Amazon leadership principles as well which went pretty smooth and this guy was the manager and he was more talkative than anyone else in the panel.

Round 4: Technical (DevOps)

I liked this round very much because other than any other round this made more sense to me because all the questions this guy asked me was pretty much relevant to the DevOps category. So, there's no I can be wrong in this. And he was amazed by my experience and work I did and how I was able to relate to his questions.

After going through such an easy and interactive interview there's no way I could imagine I would be rejected unless there are some politics being played around in the group or they have a backdoor process of hiring people other than what I went through. God bless Amazon with these kinda people making decisions for the company.

Interview Questions

• I signed an NDA. So, cannot disclose the questions. but they are mostly behavioral and technical questions. make sure you have examples ready for Amazon leadership principles   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Portland, OR) in December 2019.

Interview

First was the HR round to learn more about your background. The second was telephonic with an engineer to learn about your understanding of networking/Linux. The third round was onsite with 4 back to back 45 min interviews with manager and engineers. Half of the interview questions were behavioral-based. How did u handle difficult customer? Tell me about the project you are proud of. Tell me one example where you had to turn down the customer and how did you handle that situation? Tell me something you learned and that helped you in your current role. Make sure to dive deep into any answer you give. Ex. If you are telling about any situation, explain each and every step involved in your example while answering and avoid giving short answers and be prepared for follow up questions because there will be follow up questions for all of your answers. Always follow the STAR method for every answer.

Technical was purely troubleshooting. Ex. The server is down tell me about steps you will follow to troubleshoot it. What happens when you type WWW.amazon.com. They will expect an answer from the packet level.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in November 2019.

Interview

One technical phone screen then invited to onsite for 4 hours face to face interviews. The interviewers were nice and professional. If you happen to be interesting in their Linux cloud support engineer position please make sure you use the following Q&A to prepare.

Interview Questions

• What will they ask about the Linux knowledge?   1 Answer
    • What will they ask about general IT knowledge?   1 Answer
    • What about the behavior questions?   2 Answers

Cloud Support Engineer Interview

Interview

Basic Networking Questions, nothing out of the ordinary google your way through. Most of the questions have already been answered in previous posts. Under NDA for now. I wish you the all the best.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Dallas, TX) in August 2019.

Interview

assessment followed by phone and in person interview .Four rounds in 3 hours(45 each), 2 behavioral and 2 technical. Basic questions were asked networking and allotted domain(DBMS). Mainly focused on behavioral

Interview Questions

• Basics of networking and behavioral questions reflecting Amazon principles   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in July 2019.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. Phone screening interview took 45 minutes. Site interview was 4 rounds with 1 interviewer 45 minutes each round, at Amazon Seattle, WA.

Interview Questions

• phone screening has easy technical question about troubleshooting, DNS, TCP, UDP.... After a few days I got a email for onsite interview in Seattle. The behavioral questions was usual STAR method, Amazon leadership, etc. the technical questions were more difficult about Troubleshooting windows and Internet, cloud computing, AWS troubleshooting and so on.   Answer Question
    • ospf , BGP, LAN, DNS   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Herndon, VA) in June 2019.

Interview

I first had a online assessment exam, which mainly focused on networking skills. After 2 days, I got a call for scheduling a telephonic round. The telephonic round was deeply technical and took one full hour. I passed that round and then had a onsite interview. 4 interviews - 45 min each. Two were technical rounds and the other two were behavioural based. Although I did not clear the interview, it was an overall very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Since I signed NDA, I will not be able to go into details, but the questions were deeply technical related to network, windows architecture and troubleshooting   2 Answers