Amazon Cloud Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Cloud Support Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiter called, ask me some question concerning my background, ask me if I was willing to take a online assessment, there are 4 test to choose, I took the network exam.The next step was a phone interview. He ask question concerning the test you choose, and firewall questions. What is mss, TCP handshake, what type in modes in ipsec, how many host in /27, describe DHCP, how DNS works,what happen when you put www.amazon.com in the browser,when and why did you use wireshark, what's mtu, if you had no connection and thr address of 169.254 what does this means and how to solve the issue.difference between odor and bro, bgp attributes, ospf area, LSA types

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between DNS TCP and UDP   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Cloud Support Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2017.

Interview

I had 2 phone rounds, one hr and one technical followed by an onsite Interview.

The onsite Interview was definitely a joke. I got Interviewed by 3 different people and none of them related to my field or the position I applied for. They were all professionals and probably experts in their fields but even after calling out that they're focusing on wrong domain they were expecting me to answer their questions related to their domain

Its definitely waste of time for customer support position. Yes you read it right, they're selling helpdesk positions with hopes that you can have personal growth and learn but if you pay careful attention you can realize there itself that you'll be chatting with customers and answering their phone calls and getting trained on how to attend those calls and chats.

Interview Questions

• Signed NDA so can't explain but behavioral questions were repetitive   1 Answer

Already had an offer remotely related to my domain but lesser pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview consisted 3 rounds telephonic and onsite interview. They had question on ELB , AS. TCP/IP , UDP. What happens when google.com is typed in the URL. Overall the Interview was on a moderate level . Just make sure you go through your basics well and be prepared on AWS related Question since the job role has so much to deal with AWS related Questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Herndon, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

tl;dr - Unprofessionalism. A company who's mantra is "Frugality" and their hiring process is beyond broken

I started the process in October following an Online Test. The Online Test was easy so I attempted 3 out 5 of the sections (leaving aside Database and Big Data). 4 days later I am told that I have made it to the Phone Interview round. This is where the unprofessionalism began! The person supposed to call me was late and he did not even book a meeting room for our call. Yes - he did not book a meeting room where we could chat uninterrupted for that 1-hour long phone call. Someone walked in while I was answering his question and he had to just drop the call right there. Wow! That was a first for me. 5 minutes later the interviewer calls me from his cell phone! Apologizes for what happened and then resume the discussion a bit more and then we're done.
    A week later I come to know that I've been selected for an onsite interview and that I would be approached by another recruiter for scheduling the onsite program. Then immediately two days later the recruiter calls me up and informs me that the position that I have been interviewing for, has closed. Probably because they found someone or they stopped hiring. The funniest part is: The hiring was stopped in Office B whereas my first preference was Office A!! Now this was interesting - the recruiter goes back to the emails and finds that there has been a misunderstanding and that I actually applied for Office A, not Office B. Hiring has been stopped in all offices and I wait the whole Nov and Dec.
    I was approached once again in Jan for 2 different positions (including the one I interviewed for earlier). I was sent an online coding challenge which I cleared. Now comes the onsite interview. I am once again given Office B when I have clearly mentioned earlier my choice as Office A. I couldn't for the life of me understand what's going on. I comply to their requests and give the onsite interview at Office B in Feb. 2-3 days later I am approached by the HR that they want to extend an offer. I was more than excited but it was short lived because they messed up the salary this time. They couldn't even match the current salary I had but they wanted me to join. I mentioned about my counter offer from another company which was more than my current. No success. They came back with the same offer. During the whole process I was also reached by another team from Amazon for Systems Development Engineer. They told me that I could fit into the other team as well - I agreed. Accordingly a quick phone interview was scheduled and I never ever heard from the HR...even after repeated emails.
    I had no other option but decline their offer. Its a shame on how they reached out for interviews and wasted my valuable time. The stories you read on Glassdoor about bad interviews are indeed true - I experienced them first hand! I wish I never interviewed for Amazon.

Interview Questions

• I signed an NDA so I cannot disclose any interview questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Extensive technical rounds and a few behavioral as communicating with customer is one of the main job requirement. You should have a broad knowledge in all domains and a deeper knowledge in the domain you excel. I had 3 technical rounds for Networking, Linux and Cloud usage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

One of four rounds interviews was tough, totally no idea why the lady kept laughing when she facing to her laptop. And the rest of interviews: One was about tech and the other two were about behavior question.

Cloud Support Engineer Interview

Interview

Was contacted after a career fair. Had one round of phone screening and one on-site interview. The phone screening covered the basics about networking and focused on DNS and HTTP. The on-site interview was a little more difficult and consisted of behavioral and technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I've heard many horror stories about working with Amazon, and I was hoping this interview process would ease my concerns. Instead, it raised new concerns. Don't waste your time with these clowns.

Throughout the whole process, they were unorganized, unprofessional, and rude. They didn't even try to dress to the same level they expected me, not even close. We're talking cargo shorts, shirts with holes, and flip flops. I understand they have a (very) casual dress code, but at least try to look halfway decent for someone who's trying to impress you.

I interviewed with several different people, and all of us had to move rooms between rounds. It would make sense to have either the interviewer or interviewee move rooms, but they decided to shuffle everyone around, which is beyond my understanding. Half of my interviews took place over video conferencing. I took two vacation days from work to travel for this interview, just for me to have a few Skype calls.

Then onto the questions. I usually love technical questions, but these guys made me think twice about that. They presented me with troubleshooting scenarios which I'm beginning to think had no answer. I'm not new to troubleshooting and I thought of many solutions to each problem, none of which were correct. At the end of the interview, I asked for the correct answers, to which they responded with, "If I gave you the answer, why would it be an interview question?" I also talked to two managerial interviewers who only asked me questions about times that I have made mistakes in my current position, so I only looked like a complete screw-up the entire time. Not once did they ask about any of my accomplishments.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a mistake in your current position.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had opposing views with your manager.   Answer Question

These guys seem to think that it was only me that had to make a good impression on them. They may have forgotten that they had to convince me to want to work with them as well, which they failed to do.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Herndon, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview Process:
    1 telephonic round (approx 1 hour) was the first round and then they took about 2-3 days if you cracked or not and then they will schedule for
    1 On site round (approx 4-5 hours)

Interview Questions

• DHCP, DNS, File systems, Servers, Routing Protocols like EIGRP , OSPF, BGP   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Herndon, VA).

Interview

The interview is no that difficult, because my preference is Linux, so they focus on asking me some Linux troubleshooting questions, and also some basic networking question. I felt like the behavior question is more difficult to answer.

Interview Questions

• Because I signed NDA, I can not provided detailed information, but I recommend that focusing on Linux and networking basics, like Linux permission, file hierarchy system, TCP and UDP etc, don't waste your time on programming and scripting, just Linux and networking! And preparing some personal stories which are related with their leadership principles.   2 Answers