Amazon Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.5

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in August 2015.

Interview

Online behavioral questionnaires which are like interview questions are part of application. After being invited to interview you will be called for a scheduled phone interview if you are working Virtual (from home) like I was. The biggest issue with interviews and application generally is because the volume of applicants is so high it is possible to be lost in the tracks. I was not interviewed on the schedule that was arranged--one was dropped until I called Amazon HR, the other 2 were just quite late. Interview has a "no right answer" slant--seems to emphasize behavioral preferences and values and problem-solving work experiences more than facts and numbers. I could not tell generally how my responses struck the interviewers--but I got the job, in spite of a not-so-strong resume (older worker, gaps in employment, not a super career achiever) so I must have had the mindset they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• A team member is sick and you are asked to perform part of their responsibilities at a time when you had planned to be off. How would you respond (multiple choice answers).
    You have a work question or problem, do you prefer to work it out yourself, ask coworker, ask supervisor.
    Answer Question

Negotiation

At entry level there is not much negotiation regarding salary, benefits. The biggest negotiation would be over schedule you want to work, which once set can be hard to change. (Exception is for students who can negotiate time around their scheduled classes.)

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

First starts with Jam process(Topic of your choice).
    Whoever clears that will have versant test,
    typing test which also includes Email writing
    Critical Reasoning
    Once you are done with all these you will be having 2-3 personal interviews with your operational managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why amazon.
      Why did you leave your previous job? (If experienced)
      What do you know about the role of CSA.
      Few real time scenarios are given and asked how would we solve them.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Hyderabad (India)) in July 2012.

Interview

First aptitude and then 3 face to face rounds. the interview sometimes take a single day and sometimes take 3-5 business days. My interview lasted for a week. I cleared 3 rounds on single day and for final round i got a call asking me if i can come on Sunday for final HR round. It was odd but i went there and cleared. I worked for over a year.

Interview Questions

• what was your worst customer service experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

This particular position required knowledge of the Japanese language. I have lived in Japan and am quite advanced in all aspects (reading, writing, speaking) of the language.

On the day of the interview, a lady came out and spoke only Japanese to me the entire time (which in itself is not a problem). As the Japanese bow and do not shake hands, our greeting was curt and abrupt. I received no business card from her, which I considered highly unprofessional. Her greeting was spoken so quickly I was not even sure what her name was. Not off to a good start.

She then rushed me into a small conference room. I tried to lighten the mood and make conversation by commenting on something. However, she gave me this dismissive, puzzled look as if to say, "why are you wasting my time?"

She sat me down at a small table and immediately handed me a written test about computers entirely in Japanese. The test had about 15 questions, but I was allowed only 8 minutes to complete it. Any test, no matter what language it is in, requires at least a couple of minutes to familiarize yourself with the test format, question style, and basically strategize completion within the allotted time frame. Being given only 8 minutes, I could not afford myself that luxury. I had no choice but to dive right in and start the test. I read the first question with no problem, and then needed to read the four possible responses, which I did. I determined the correct answer, but at least one minute elapsed, leaving only 7 minutes to answer 14 questions. I went on to the next question which also took over a minute. I them realized that the strategy I was using was useless, and tried to figure out a faster way to answer (which again, took about a minute). So here I am with 4 minutes to go and only having answered about 4 questions. I then tried to skim the remaining questions, and make educated guesses.

Interview Questions

• (continued from above) The end result was me being sure of about half if the 15 questions.

That was quite a discouraging experience, because I was not at all able to demonstrate my ability to read the test with no problem - a person with no Japanese ability whatsoever but making lucky guesses would have been evaluated better than me.

There was no time for ruminating over the test or even disdiscussong . immediately after, I was handed a rather older model laptop computer with no mouse. she opened a Word document, told me to read the case study, and on the final page of the document, to compose a mock response to a client. I was given 25 minutes to both read the case study and compose my response.
      1 Answer
    • She them called in some guy, perhaps the department manager (again, I received no business card - highly unprofessional) and this was the only part of the interview process that was in English. He asked me 1) why I was drawn to this position and 2) to give him an example of my going "above and beyond" what was expected of me when providing customer service.   1 Answer
    • He then thanked me and left the room. The lady asked me whether I had any questions, and I did. I asked whether there were any non-native speakers of Japanese, like myself, on the team. I was told that everyone was a native Japanese speaker, and there was no one like myself.   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

It has three rounds, first round will be Aptitude Test and C Programming Test for 2 hours. Next two rounds. Technical and HR Round. There are no option provided, just have to write the answers below the space pro

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Hyderabad (India)) in June 2011.

Interview

There were 4 rounds
     1.Self Introduction among all participants
     2. Versant test(non verbal)
     3. Mock customer service chat
     4. HR

All they want is confident person who can speak english fluently. A good typing speed will end you in chat position or else you'll offered email support.

Interview Questions

• Explain a scenario when you were really happy with the customer support   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

I faced the interview in 2007 - Four Rounds were conducted starting with self introduction after clearing that we have to attend a written test which constitutes of aptitude and English after clearing the third round would consist of typing skills 40wpm and Internet proficiency test if we are cleared with all the three rounds the final round will be HR round.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel that you would suit this position?   1 Answer

Customer Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2011.

Interview

Starts with a self introduction followed by a Versant Test (Online Test) to test your listening and speaking skills in English. If you clear that round, it will be followed by a personal interview with Manager. Once you are done with that , you will become part of the Outstanding Amazon culture.

Interview Questions

• How will you overcome the stress while doing the job?   1 Answer
    • Why Amazon??   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation- No way.

Customer Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Hyderabad (India)) in June 2011.

Interview

1. Intial Personal Introduction Round.
    2. Online grammer test based on preposition and sentence formation of 20 questions in 15 minutes.
    3. Versant Writing Test.
    4. Skill Test -- If candidate is suitable for chat or email process.
    5. HR Round.

Interview Questions

• Why did you relocated from your native place to this city? You do have better options available there.   2 Answers

Negotiation

If you're going to join as an associate you'll get the same basic salary as a fresher is getting but for other skill like quality, training and others , you'll get enough.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2012.

Interview

Used an online simulation of customer service scenarios, once passed/selected through this module, offered a phone interview. Make sure you sit in a quiet area for this online test, it involves Myers-Briggs type questions for personality evaluation and several questions that are SAT/ACT-like for problem solving.

The last part of of this interview/selection module is a very impressive customer service simulation -- answering the phone, providing greeting, selecting the "best" answer for what the customer scenario calls for and then keying in different information. It requires quick thinking and fast fingers.