Amazon Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 30, 2017

2.8

188 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

I attended for CSA interview.. there were 30 members in our batch , we all are taken to the room full of computers and said to register and they said that there were openings for those people who know kannada ..and there are 4 members who can speak kannada. we are interviewed by the male recruiter i.e Jam and introduction. however they are not interested to select the non kannada people.. they conducted Jam and selected those 4 members who can speak kannada.. and said to apply after 3 months. Made a silly reason to reject us by saying that we should improve our communication skills.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbatore South (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Coimbatore South (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

Initially I got call from the Consultancy to attend interview in Amazon.
    Later I attended the interview in Amazon office but process of interview was very difficult.
    There are 4 rounds to get a job.
    1) Introduction - Select a topic and speak
    2)Written Test - Grammar, Vocabulary,Typing Speed, Speaking
    3)JAM
    4)HR

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Pune (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through consultancy, and all the rounds were conducted on the same day.
    The first round was with H.R(elimination round), Then the second round was Versant round, which also happened to be an elimination round. The third round was Voice and Accent(not an elimination round). The final round was the interview with ops manager. The interviewer was very cunning and can round you up in your own words.

Interview Questions

• Was there any point in your life, where you was unable to conceive someone?
      Have you ever experienced bad customer service?
      Do you think yourself, fortunate?
      What will you do if the customer is abusing you?
      What are your future life goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Amazon (Pune (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

An interview that really test your mettle and calmnness!!
    All rounds are elimination rounds.
    Round 1: Intro round by the consultancy
    Round 2: Intro by HR
    Round 3: Online Written English Versant
    Round 4: Voice Versant
    Round 4: Interview by HR

Interview Questions

• Round 1: Intro round by the consultancy
                           a)Introduce yourself.
                           b)What kind of profile are you looking for?
                           c)Are you comfortable working in 24/7 Environment?
                           d)Why have you been doing after 10+2?
                           e)Tell me your Mothers Daily routine?   Answer Question
    • Round 2: Intro by HR
                           a)Introduce yourself.
                           b)When did you complete your undergraduate?
                           c)What do you know about CSA profile?
                           d)What are your hobbies?
                           e)Which places have you traveled?
                           f)Which one was your favorite travel experience and tell me about the whole
                              experience?   Answer Question
    • Round 3: Online Written English Versant
                           a)Fill in the blanks.
                           b)Read and Rewrite the sentences in own words.
                           c)Email Writing on a situation.   Answer Question
    • Round 4: Voice Versant
                          a)You hear a voice and Repeat it properly.
                          b) Give a simple answer to the questions.
                          c)Jumbled sentences rebuild.
                          Note: all the above test is on call by IVR so be very clear and loud in speaking so it
                          gets recorded properly.   Answer Question
    • Round 4: Interview by HR
                           Will ask a few questions and a situation of customer query to solve on call.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon (Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

This was the campus placement drive. Education criteria: 60 percent throughout (Class X , XII and Graduation)
    There were 5 rounds:
    (All were elimination rounds)
    1. Just a Quick Interaction Round to check the fluency and other communication aspects. HR asked me to speek for any random topic. Then HR intrupped me with his topics such as "tell about colour blue", "tell about your best friend". This was very quick round each candidate got hardly 60 seconds.
    2. Online Test: This test includes some basic questions of apptitute, reasoning , English vocabulary etc.
    3. Online English Writing/Typing Test: This round includes filling the blanks with appropriate words, arrange the jumbled words, arranging the paragraph, type the given set of lines in our own words, email writting etc.
    4. Versant Ability Test: This round was online test to check the listening, tone, speed and accent ability of candidate. Headphones and microphones were installed.
    5. Interview Round

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to join Amazon?   1 Answer
    • How would you tackle a customer who is angry on call with you as he recieved LCD which is not working?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview Process had four rounds.
    1. Jam Session where you can talk about any topic of your own wish for few minutes.
    ^The Interviewer MAY ask few questions related to your topic and your Resume.
    2. Grammar, Typing Test.
    3. Versant Telephonic Round for Voice
    4. HR Round.

Interview Questions

• What products do you see on the Amazon website?   2 Answers

Negotiation

As an intern, there was no scope for negotiation.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Hyderabad (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

The first round was Registrations,

Then Just a minute session, which was focused on communication skills and confidence.

Computerized typing test, English language test, some mock tests

And finally. the 1:1 Interview with HR

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Pune (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

First was GD, Topics were given we have to talk for about 5 min. Next was the Telephonic round to check your accent and pronunciation. Last was the Operational Manager round. They ask about you, why we are choosing BPO etc.

Interview Questions

• Why you are choosing BPO/Customer Support ?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madurai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Madurai (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

It had 3 rounds :

1. GD
    2. Online Exam
    3. HR Round

Round 2 was very tough but i got cleared through it .They Checked our Typing and Grammar and then our english knowledge.
    3. HR Round had many situation questions and stress tests. And Rest were personal questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer ?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vijayawada (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Vijayawada (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

its amazing experience where they test our managing skills, language skills and how we are responding to case problems they pose us, they ask to speak and how you control and convience customers .