Amazon Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

2.7

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Got invited to do a video and everyone was moved forward in the process. This process was easy no formal interview. Hired on the spot. Thanks for the prompt service Amazon.

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

Interviewed by two interviewers. They both asked questions from interview bank and documented my answer in their laptops. I did not get the job and asked for feedback. The feedback I got was that I failed to address leadership skills. However, I was applying customer service rep. and has nothing to do with leadership???!!! Why do I need to address leadership skills?

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you have to make a quick decision and without your manager's approval, what happened from there?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kennewick, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Kennewick, WA) in February 2011.

Interview

About a week after applying on line I was called for an interview for the next week. I had my interview on a Wednesday and got my job offer on that Friday. I started my training the next week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you didn't handle a situation as well as you could have, what would you do differently, how should you have handled the issue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in May 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, twice, and then hired after background check was completed. No in person interview was conducted.

Interview Questions

• I did not find any of the questions difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

With the economy as it is, and wanting to get in the door, I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in July 2011.

Interview

One screening interview about 30 minutes long, with a mix of questions about basic technical computer ability and customer service experience. A second interview about an hour long consists of behavioral interview questions, e.g. "Tell me about a time when ..." These questions were related to topics such as customer service, thinking outside the box, taking initiative, and stress management.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you created or invented something   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kennewick, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Kennewick, WA).

Interview

Apply online, called in for interview, interview last about 30 min., called the end of week for job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, job set at $11.00 an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Tucson, AZ) in June 2013.

Interview

Completed an online application, was followed up a week later via email to take an online assessment. Passed assessment and arranged a phone interview. Phone interview lasted 15/20 minutes, standard questions about experience and scenarios. Was invited to attend orientation soon after.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation when you have had to deal with a angry customer, how did you approach it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kennewick, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Kennewick, WA) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online, then received an email saying that I had been selected for an interview and was able to select from a choice of times when I was available. I was not available for any of the options because I was in school and explained this via email to HR. They were very understanding and said they could work around my schedule. The interview was over the phone and lasted about 15-20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Standard customer service questions - how would your respond to an unhappy customer, what do you value about good customer service? Etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2014.

Interview

Online application with computer requirement diagnostics resulting in an email with an offer for a telephone interview. One telephone interview with one hiring agent resulting in an immediate offer for a seasonal position. The interview was pleasant, lasted less the 45 minutes with no waiting. I was offered a position after the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult customer service experience and what you did to resolve the issue and how the customer responded.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in October 2014.

Interview

I applied on line. After a week I was told to complete an assessment on personality. After being told that I passed, I got an email saying that they'll set up a phone appointment within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• No difficult/Unpected questions.
      1. Tell me a time when you had to go beyond what you job responsibility to help others.
      1. Tell me a time when you had to use your listening skills to resolve a problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Interviewer told me I got the job right away! He was very softly spoken and seem to be very nice and kind. Loved it!