Amazon Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

Done online. You take an online call center test that simulates some of the kinds of issues a CSA will encounter. You use a set guideline that outlines how calls are coded so you can determine from an additional outline what are allowable choices in how you can handle the simulated call.

Interview Questions

• Customer is a Prime member who ordered something that wasnt prime eligible and wants to know why he didnt receive the free shipping benefits. How do you handle this customer.   2 Answers

Negotiation

I had to trade/disable phone services or packages to have a landline with disabled voice mail at the beginning. at about 90 days in they issue sofphones so then you can reclaim your prev phone service/packages.

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2016.

Interview

1 interview 2 phone interview was advice what the post ion would be doing why did I leave my last job what hours n weekend off hours and benefits an vacation time n sick timr

Interview Questions

• where do I see my stuff in 5 yesrs, why do I want to work therr   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Spring Hill, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Spring Hill, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was not too bad, there was a little miscommunication as to who was going to be my team lead, so I had 2 different people contacting me at 2 different times that got confusing. Once that was wrapped up however, things went relatively smooth

Interview Questions

• What is one of the most difficult aspects of working in retail?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Charlotte, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Simply apply online, wait a few weeks to get an email about employment status and continue the process until you're hired. Process was fairly self explanatory, when working from home there's really only a few ways to screw up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email to setup a phone interview. The recruiter on the phone was quite friendly and easy going, which made me more relaxed during the interview. They asked about the things on my resume, as well as pretty basic STAR method questions. The interview was about 30 minutes altogether.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Amazon?
      Tell me about a time you went above and beyond expectations?

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very easy . If you score high on the assessment you may not have an interview . I was offered a job via email within one to two days after i applied for the job . Process was very smooth .

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in August 2015.

Interview

Online behavioral questionnaires which are like interview questions are part of application. After being invited to interview you will be called for a scheduled phone interview if you are working Virtual (from home) like I was. The biggest issue with interviews and application generally is because the volume of applicants is so high it is possible to be lost in the tracks. I was not interviewed on the schedule that was arranged--one was dropped until I called Amazon HR, the other 2 were just quite late. Interview has a "no right answer" slant--seems to emphasize behavioral preferences and values and problem-solving work experiences more than facts and numbers. I could not tell generally how my responses struck the interviewers--but I got the job, in spite of a not-so-strong resume (older worker, gaps in employment, not a super career achiever) so I must have had the mindset they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• A team member is sick and you are asked to perform part of their responsibilities at a time when you had planned to be off. How would you respond (multiple choice answers).
      You have a work question or problem, do you prefer to work it out yourself, ask coworker, ask supervisor.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

At entry level there is not much negotiation regarding salary, benefits. The biggest negotiation would be over schedule you want to work, which once set can be hard to change. (Exception is for students who can negotiate time around their scheduled classes.)

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Tampa, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Online tests then over the phone interview describing type of work and if you could meet service level minimums. Asked if you could provide your own equipment for work and if your internet and landline were already correctly set up for what they needed, went over hardware requirements and what type if operating system do you have.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced with a problem, how did you solve it and how did the customer accept it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

This particular position required knowledge of the Japanese language. I have lived in Japan and am quite advanced in all aspects (reading, writing, speaking) of the language.

On the day of the interview, a lady came out and spoke only Japanese to me the entire time (which in itself is not a problem). As the Japanese bow and do not shake hands, our greeting was curt and abrupt. I received no business card from her, which I considered highly unprofessional. Her greeting was spoken so quickly I was not even sure what her name was. Not off to a good start.

She then rushed me into a small conference room. I tried to lighten the mood and make conversation by commenting on something. However, she gave me this dismissive, puzzled look as if to say, "why are you wasting my time?"

She sat me down at a small table and immediately handed me a written test about computers entirely in Japanese. The test had about 15 questions, but I was allowed only 8 minutes to complete it. Any test, no matter what language it is in, requires at least a couple of minutes to familiarize yourself with the test format, question style, and basically strategize completion within the allotted time frame. Being given only 8 minutes, I could not afford myself that luxury. I had no choice but to dive right in and start the test. I read the first question with no problem, and then needed to read the four possible responses, which I did. I determined the correct answer, but at least one minute elapsed, leaving only 7 minutes to answer 14 questions. I went on to the next question which also took over a minute. I them realized that the strategy I was using was useless, and tried to figure out a faster way to answer (which again, took about a minute). So here I am with 4 minutes to go and only having answered about 4 questions. I then tried to skim the remaining questions, and make educated guesses.

Interview Questions

• (continued from above) The end result was me being sure of about half if the 15 questions.

That was quite a discouraging experience, because I was not at all able to demonstrate my ability to read the test with no problem - a person with no Japanese ability whatsoever but making lucky guesses would have been evaluated better than me.

There was no time for ruminating over the test or even disdiscussong . immediately after, I was handed a rather older model laptop computer with no mouse. she opened a Word document, told me to read the case study, and on the final page of the document, to compose a mock response to a client. I was given 25 minutes to both read the case study and compose my response.
      1 Answer
    • She them called in some guy, perhaps the department manager (again, I received no business card - highly unprofessional) and this was the only part of the interview process that was in English. He asked me 1) why I was drawn to this position and 2) to give him an example of my going "above and beyond" what was expected of me when providing customer service.   1 Answer
    • He then thanked me and left the room. The lady asked me whether I had any questions, and I did. I asked whether there were any non-native speakers of Japanese, like myself, on the team. I was told that everyone was a native Japanese speaker, and there was no one like myself.   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

The entire process took about two weeks. Most of the process was done via email. I had to take two online assessments. One involved customer service scenarios. One was a personality test. The personality test took 45 minutes. I had a pre-interview over the phone on one day and an actual interview over the phone the very next day. The interview was scheduled at two but they did not actually call until five. Be prepared to wait for a bit.

Interview Questions

• 1.Name a time when you used good listening skills.
      2.Name a time when you went above and beyond your job requirements.