Amazon Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2017

2.7

197 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Amazon in September 2016.

Interview

It was all online, so pretty easy. I filled out an application and they got back to me within a week. There's a personality survey, which is pretty standard. They also have you do a customer service test to see if you would like the job or be good at it. It is timed as well, so keep that in mind. Overall very easy.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I came dressed up then when you get in there people are dressed in basketball short Female with pj on a mess never been to a job like a mess

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online for the seasonal job in AZ and in four weeks I received my offer. I applied online and did all my assessments online. I have a appointment scheduled for a hiring event. I begin work at the end of the month and the entire process took about 6 weeks. I do have to upgarde my internet and add equipment to my laptop to basically make it like a desktop computer all at my own expense.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Huntington, WV) in April 2016.

Interview

First off, the "Interview Process" is easy because there isn't a interview! If you pass the online application process (which anyone could), you're in. I walked in prepped for a interview.. and was greeted with 45+ other job seekers ranging from those who have never used a computer, several individuals wearing clothing with stains and holes and a teenager wearing marijuana T-Shirt who said his mother was forcing him to get a job and all of these people were given a job automatically. There is absolutely no filter when it comes to who gets a job at a Amazon Call Center. I'm not even sure if my resume or experience mattered. Quantity > Quality.

We walked into a room, listened to a spokesperson of the call center talk about how they disliked yoga pants and talk about how the local area is "boring". The employees who gave the presentation had the giggles as if the entire thing was a joke. This "presentation" dragged on for two hours. A few individuals in the crowd tried asking questions about benefits and actual job-related questions only to be told to ask again on a later time.The group received a tour of the building, received a work schedule (without even asking us if we were still interested) and badge photos were taken. No drug tests were given. One individual was peeved at the process and left during the tour. The tour guide didn't even notice (or maybe care.)

This was my first impression and last impression of the local Amazon Call Center. I immediately withdrew my application. The whole thing felt like a joke and a waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• There was no questions asked.   1 Answer

The whole process felt like a joke to the employees. Sorry but I want to work for a company that doesn't treat job seekers like a joke.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

Done online. You take an online call center test that simulates some of the kinds of issues a CSA will encounter. You use a set guideline that outlines how calls are coded so you can determine from an additional outline what are allowable choices in how you can handle the simulated call.

Interview Questions

• Customer is a Prime member who ordered something that wasnt prime eligible and wants to know why he didnt receive the free shipping benefits. How do you handle this customer.   2 Answers

Negotiation

I had to trade/disable phone services or packages to have a landline with disabled voice mail at the beginning. at about 90 days in they issue sofphones so then you can reclaim your prev phone service/packages.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2016.

Interview

1 interview 2 phone interview was advice what the post ion would be doing why did I leave my last job what hours n weekend off hours and benefits an vacation time n sick timr

Interview Questions

• where do I see my stuff in 5 yesrs, why do I want to work therr   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Charlotte, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Simply apply online, wait a few weeks to get an email about employment status and continue the process until you're hired. Process was fairly self explanatory, when working from home there's really only a few ways to screw up.

Anonymous Employee in Spring Hill, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Spring Hill, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was not too bad, there was a little miscommunication as to who was going to be my team lead, so I had 2 different people contacting me at 2 different times that got confusing. Once that was wrapped up however, things went relatively smooth

Interview Questions

• What is one of the most difficult aspects of working in retail?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email to setup a phone interview. The recruiter on the phone was quite friendly and easy going, which made me more relaxed during the interview. They asked about the things on my resume, as well as pretty basic STAR method questions. The interview was about 30 minutes altogether.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Amazon?
      Tell me about a time you went above and beyond expectations?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very easy . If you score high on the assessment you may not have an interview . I was offered a job via email within one to two days after i applied for the job . Process was very smooth .