Amazon Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

2.7

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Amazon in September 2016.

Interview

It was all online, so pretty easy. I filled out an application and they got back to me within a week. There's a personality survey, which is pretty standard. They also have you do a customer service test to see if you would like the job or be good at it. It is timed as well, so keep that in mind. Overall very easy.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

There may have been an oversight, maybe they were desperate or I was really qualified but I was never interviewed for the position. As a college student, I have no connections within Amazon. After the online interview. 3 weeks later, I received a contingent hire for an online customer experience program. It stated I needed to do a drug test and prove legal status to work. I submitted my documents at a local tax center they directed me to, I was told the drug test wasn't necessary because I looked perfectly normal. Then a week later I started training. Easiest job I ever received, yet some people who I applied with went through an interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I found the advertisement online, I put in my application online, within a couple days I received an email and was immediately offered a contingent hiring letter and skipped the formal interview process. I was sent a few emails with details explaining the paperwork and requirements to be offered employment. I filled out paperwork and submitted it, the company ran a background check, I received the results and the offer and was given a start date.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a quiet home office setting?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

Mine was all done online, since it is for work at home Customer Service Agent, so I haven't spoken to anyone personally. You have to do timed assessments and a personality test and I did a typing test then a check of my computer system and internet speeds.

It took about 4-6 weeks from applying until I got an offer letter.

I did have to go to a local college to get my I-9 paperwork filled out and sent to them.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in May 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, twice, and then hired after background check was completed. No in person interview was conducted.

Interview Questions

• I did not find any of the questions difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

With the economy as it is, and wanting to get in the door, I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in July 2011.

Interview

One screening interview about 30 minutes long, with a mix of questions about basic technical computer ability and customer service experience. A second interview about an hour long consists of behavioral interview questions, e.g. "Tell me about a time when ..." These questions were related to topics such as customer service, thinking outside the box, taking initiative, and stress management.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you created or invented something   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kennewick, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Kennewick, WA) in February 2011.

Interview

About a week after applying on line I was called for an interview for the next week. I had my interview on a Wednesday and got my job offer on that Friday. I started my training the next week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you didn't handle a situation as well as you could have, what would you do differently, how should you have handled the issue?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

The entire process took about two weeks. Most of the process was done via email. I had to take two online assessments. One involved customer service scenarios. One was a personality test. The personality test took 45 minutes. I had a pre-interview over the phone on one day and an actual interview over the phone the very next day. The interview was scheduled at two but they did not actually call until five. Be prepared to wait for a bit.

Interview Questions

• 1.Name a time when you used good listening skills.
      2.Name a time when you went above and beyond your job requirements.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in October 2014.

Interview

I applied on line. After a week I was told to complete an assessment on personality. After being told that I passed, I got an email saying that they'll set up a phone appointment within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• No difficult/Unpected questions.
      1. Tell me a time when you had to go beyond what you job responsibility to help others.
      1. Tell me a time when you had to use your listening skills to resolve a problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Interviewer told me I got the job right away! He was very softly spoken and seem to be very nice and kind. Loved it!

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Tucson, AZ) in June 2013.

Interview

Completed an online application, was followed up a week later via email to take an online assessment. Passed assessment and arranged a phone interview. Phone interview lasted 15/20 minutes, standard questions about experience and scenarios. Was invited to attend orientation soon after.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation when you have had to deal with a angry customer, how did you approach it?   Answer Question