Amazon Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online as this was a customer service rep. position working from home. After applying you also have to fill a questionnaire out. They contacted me via email just days later to set up a phone interview, the whole process took close to two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions like where would you like to be in 5 years, what can you bring to the company, give an example of bad interaction with a customer and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

applied one week, received email for interview the following week. video call interview, and then I was sent to a nearby location to submit my identification. I was then set up for the following training class.

Interview Questions

• tell about a time when there was no way to resolve customers issue, what did you do, and how did the customer respond.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Smyrna, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

There was a phone interview, followed by an on site interview which lasted about an hour. It was pretty relaxed but I wore a suit. The managers seem to be wanting to know how many hours you can work.

Interview Questions

• How many hours can you work in a week.   2 Answers

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon in November 2013.

Interview

All of my interviews were on the phone. We then set up times for training and made sure that I would be avaliable every day for 6 weeks 8 hours a day.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions that were asked were about avaliability and about my computer and home phone. It required that I have a phone and headset with a quiet working space. They asked about my experience in customers service. The interview was really easy and quick.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Atlanta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

There wasn’t an interview. The hire and fire in bulk. I applied to an ad from Craig’s list. No phone calls, no interviews, nothing. Just an email, or two then I had my start date with some instructions on how to do the pre-start information

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

I completed application and submitted resume online. I also completed an online evaluation that simulated several customer service scenarios. Overall, it was a neutral experience. The biggest disappointment was not hearing back whether I had been advanced to the next step (I hadn't). I had to hunt online for that news.

While my result was not surprising to me (I had not tailored my resume for the position and my background was not ideally compatible), better communication would have been courteous.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you were working at your full capacity, but you felt others on your team were not (even though THEY felt they were) and things were getting busier?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

No interview. Just tests online. Finished test. Got email saying did such a good job on test they were fast tracking my to hiring. After I started 3 weeks of training.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Richmond, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

Wonderful, all I had to do is schedule a time to log on and speak to someone. However after you fill out you application, you must check you emails often and following every instruction and if you have problem with the instructions reply back quickly and check for the response.

Interview Questions

• Actually there were none, what they were checking for if you have the Computer requirements. However at the time the program was just starting things may be different now. The training is extensive so you may feel that sink or float feeling. For the first 6 months you are going to feel like they are riding you, but if you can pass the 1st 6 months, it is like you have passed the test and they back off you so much.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Cleveland, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview asking questions regarding your customer service experience. Tell me a little bit about why you want to work for Amazon? Where do you see yourself at Amazon in 5 years?

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for the seasonal work from home position. I received a few emails and finally I spoke to my manager on the phone. Very friendly and explained next steps really well.

Interview Questions

• Explain why you want to work for our company?   1 Answer