Amazon Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Salem, OR) in January 2014.

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by background check. Received email job offer then attended a new hire event. Interview questions were basic customer service questions. Everything was pretty fast and easy to manage. Good experience overall.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Orlando, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

sent email saying they were interested then I scheduled an interview online. The day of my interview they cancelled it saying they were going to offer me the opportunity based on my qualifications and I didn't need an official interview. They sent me somewhere to present my id and social then offered me employment once I passed the background check

Interview Questions

• they did ask why they should chose me over the others   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Queen Creek, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Queen Creek, AZ) in July 2012.

Interview

Phone screen interview that lasted 20 minutes led to an invite to a training. The interview was extremely easy. This was a temporary/seasonal position that had the potential of converting to full-time. I don't think they were that concerned overall at this stage knowing that some would be weeded out during the training phase.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through you resume and are you looking for full or part time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Savannah, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was very easy going. Recruiters were young. Talked to two individuals. Was offers job after talking to second interviewer. after the interview you choose when you want to train and work.

Interview Questions

• Questions pertained to how would you handle certain situations to achieve highest customer satisfaction   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Very brief phone interview to start then an in person interview. Very simple, basic questions. Name a time when, why do you want to work for amazon, what happened at your last job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had difficulty finishing a task. What did you do and what was the end result?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email about 4 days afterwards stating they wanted to interview me via phone. The interview was real brief, he asked me three questions. He made me feel real comfortable because I was nervous! If you apply make sure you put your interview in your calendar for the correct time zone, my first interview was at 2pm. I thought it would be EDT but it was actually ADT! So just a heads up so you wont have to reschedule like I did.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a unsatisfied customer and you helped them out.   Answer Question
    • Would you ever share a customer's private information?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Huntington, WV) in August 2010.

Interview

My experience of the company was positive at first. They were prompt in returning to me, and let me know that I would be working for them the day I left the interview. However, from this point things got bad. I accepted the position and set up a time for training. They kept deleting me from their training logs, and by the time they finally realized their mistake I had to return to school. It was infuriating- and they had promised me automatic hiring when I returned because of their mistake,but the damage had already been done.

Interview Questions

• They make sure you can operate a computer. It's fairly basic.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Huntington, WV) in April 2011.

Interview

First was a computer skills test. Then just a general interview regarding my past experience and education. They especially liked the fact that I had over 15 years prior experience working with a wide variety of diverse populations and was not easily shaken in stressful situations. The interview was very personable.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a hostile customer?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon in August 2012.

Interview

It was an over-the-phone interview. It was pleasant and informal. Very relaxing. Interviewer was attentive.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a stress call when the error was the company's fault?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wanted to negotiate my salary since I had vast experience but the salary is non-negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Kennewick, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Kennewick, WA) in November 2013.

Interview

Went awesome! Well communicated with, via email and telephone. The interview process was a great experience and the person interviewing me was extremely nice and inviting.

Interview Questions

• I really didn't get any questions that were hard to answer...I am very experience in customer service and all of the questions were related to that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Seasonal position, so there was no negotiation! But, was told that they do keep some people on after the holidays, so I am not sure what the negotiation process will be like for people who get kept on.