Amazon Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Engineering Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in July 2010.

Interview

Very disorganized recruiting coordinators and recruiters who don't follow up and seem completely confused about what position *they* contacted you about. People on the interview loop seemed to think that Amazon interviews are "intense" but they are breeze compared to Microsoft and other high tech companies.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in June 2009.

Interview

Communications and organization of the interviews were very prompt. Had 3 phone interviews which was excessive

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in August 2012.

Interview

Straight forward, HR staff could not have been better. Kept me at ease through full process. Exactly as expected from reading reviews here. 2 phone, 1 day x 6 onsite interviews.

Negotiation

Great Offer no negotiation

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in April 2012.

Interview

3 phone interviews:
    * first one was more an informative one to describe the exact job
    * second one was a more "behavioural" one, with usual hr questions like " did you ever disagree with your boss ? what did you do ?", "did you ever disagree with a client ? what did you do ? why did it work?". That interview also contained a lot of questions based ona technology I had used for another projecs with questions like "what are the advantages of this technology? would you recommend it ?what were the consequences for your project..."
    * third interview was postponed the day before the interview because the guy was sick (it seems that they only had one guy for interviews... no comment) well, anyway, his English was difficult to understand (clearly not his mother tongue...). The third interview was the technical one with questions about sql, xml, some basic Linux commands, tcp/ip...

Interview Questions

• Let's imagine that you are doing some operations on tables, the server containing the database goes down, how would you do to perform the operation anyway ?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. All the contacts (interviewers and HR) acted very professional. Well run process. Typical interview questions - they are looking for common sense answers.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2012.

Interview

applied online- got a call - scheduled phone interview - usually multiple rounds of phone interview

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2012.

Interview

The first interviewer was very nice. Normal question about resume and linked list question.
    The second interviewer wasn't that good. I can hear he was eating when I was coding. And He asked me to wait for him to read the code because when I was coding when was doing something else. I finished the question but not happy with the interview process.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in December 2011.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two 45 minute back to back phone interviews. They asked basic data structure/algorithm questions.

Interview Questions

• Given stream of numbers, how do you choose one number at random.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2011.

Interview

mainly asked about the resume and research, asked some open questions related to their shipping delivery scheduling

Interview Questions

• open question on how to route their delivery   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2011.

Interview

Very to-the-point and very technical. Almost no fluffy questions. Algorithms, data structures, but fairly low level ones. Hash tables and BSTs are basically the limit. Nothing related to Dynamic Programming, Divide and Conquer or any algorithms that require even an inch of thought.