Amazon Financial Analyst II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Financial Analyst II Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

3.6

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Call with recruiter, 2 45 min phone screens. First is with Hiring Manager, second with a manager/SFA on the team. If you pass these they set up a super day which is 5 interviews and a lunch informational session with an analyst on the team. Be aware that each interviewer is responsible for handling a set of the LPs, this is the backbone of Amazon and therefore your recruiting process will revolve around your experiences and how they exemplify the LP at hand.

Also, a bar raiser is involved in every super day. Don't be intimidated rather use this experience to learn from the Bar Raiser - their vote to veto can outweigh all other decisions. Figure out what they did to get to that position, ask how they challenge their teams and automate processes.

Don't try to BS answers to anyone, admit when you don't know and ask how to approach the problem at hand. Take every opportunity as one to learn from the people across the table; they are going to be your co workers and you should have the confidence you are interviewing them as much as they are you to figure out if you can learn/develop under them.

Interview Questions

• Signed a NDA - prepare stories and be ready for the peeling of your onion.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Resume Drop. Followed by 1 Hiring Manager Phone Call. Followed by 5 45mins onsite interview + 1 hour lunch break in between (which is not considered as an interview)

Questions were heavily weighted towards behavioral and centered around Amazon's Leadership Principles. Had a small case about how to do financial projections.

Interview Questions

• What metrics would you use to measure success of a specific Amazon project? (Can be quantitative or qualitative, and I used one of the leadership principles as a success metric)   1 Answer

Financial Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

It seemed very unorganized. Random employers would interview you, and a few of them seemed more than uninterested in getting to know more about me or my qualifications. It was really important to know about the company and show interest in the financial knowledge by being able to explain technical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions during first round. Second round they had both a case and more behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

First and second round interviews on the phone are rather standard. It's the in person interviews that provide the real test. It's a grueling day of 6-10 interviews that plays into every type of interview situation from someone being very serious and grilling you on random questions to someone being overly casual to see how you respond. Know your resume, and your story as it applies to the position. Also play into the leadership principles discreetly. Get a good nights rest and have the Advil ready when it's all over.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in July 2012.

Interview

I applied online on indeed.com for a Financial Analyst position. The HR contacted me via to schedule for a phone screen. I had two phone screen interviews, a call with HR and the finally the in house interview with six people of forty five minutes each.

Interview Questions

• During the complete interview process all questions asked were behavioural questions. I cannot remember any unexpected question. The difficulty I faced frame my experiences around the leadership principles of Amazon.   Answer Question