Amazon Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

3.4

139 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in May 2017.

Interview

1 hour phone interview and after a week I was scheduled for on-site interview the lasted 5 hours. I was interviewed by 5 people with a time allotment of 45 min each. The interview question are all behavior type using the STAR method to answer them. All of these questions centered around Amazon's leadership principles.

Interview Questions

• Example of when you had to make a difficult decision without asking permission from your manager   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I applied months ago through the website and didn't hear back until late January; completed all the interviews and got an offer by the beginning of March.
    My interview was two rounds, the first one is 30 minutes and the second one is two 30 minute interviews which are supposed to be back to back. The interview questions were primarily behavioral and the interviewers allotted a ton of time for QA, so have a ton of questions prepared.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Amazon?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Provo, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

It was good. There are really focused on their 14 leadership principles so know those and have PAR stories for each of them. They ask kind of unusual questions during the interview.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you disagreed and committed (leadership principle)?   1 Answer
    • What is an analytical problem you solved?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online through the career website. They set up a 30 min phone interview which was mostly behavioral and resume questions. A week later they contacted me and let me know I made it to the next round.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

First round phone interview for the internship lasting 30 minutes. Very casual. I was only asked behavioral questions and questions stemming from my resume. Interviewer was kind, timely, and helpful. They notified me with a final round interview the following day which will be two back to back 30 minute phone interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY).

Interview

Very negative experience. The interviewer was late for 15 min and rushed to finish even the interview only lasted for <20 min. If you are not interested in interviewing any candidate, please do not put their names on your list. It is a waste of both parties' time.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were all behavior.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview that focused on my resume and experience. Then I was asked to complete a case study & excel analysis before coming in for an office interview with 4 45-minute interviews back to back.
    I came in moderately prepared and thought the interviews weren't as bad as some reviews made it seem. However, you must eat, sleep, breathe those principles! Overall, it was a good experience and I'm happy with how far I got in this process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult group member, and how you went about that.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

I got this interview from school career websites. It took one week to hear respond from Amazon. Mostly behavior questions and several tech questions. Like have you ever been a project leader in a team? Tell me about a time when you took on more responsibility than you were expected to. Most questions are about my resume and experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you took on more responsibility than you were expected to   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

The process took about a month. Got a phone screen interview about a week after I applied online. Few days after, I got an invitation to fly to Seattle for on-site interviews. There were four rounds of 45 minutes on-site interviews. They sent me a case and asked me to complete it before the interview. The first round was mix of the case questions and behavioral questions (mostly case questions). The second round was mix of the technical questions and behavioral questions. The third and fourth rounds were full of the behavioral questions. I signed a non-disclosure form, so I am not allowed to provide any interview questions. But I strongly recommend you to look at every single question that list on the glassdoor, it will HELP you. Also, do research on Amazon, especially the leadership principles, apply them to your answer for the behavioral questions. For the technical part, as long as you explain your thought process, there is no right or wrong answer, but they will dive into the detail and ask follow up questions. If you really want this job, PREPARE.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of interview for me: My interviews always finish their questions really early and left a lot of time for me to ask them questions. It was a bit hard to keep coming out with new questions.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I applied through a referral. There were two interviews with two managers (45 minutes each) and an onsite interview (5 hours). I met with 6 people in total, one of them is the lunch buddy and one is the bar raiser. Even though the position I applied for is entry-level, the interviewers asked a lot of hard questions and looked for stories that most likely only an experienced analyst would have. They asked a lot of follow-up questions and they wanted impressive answers. Also, when they ask how you would deal with a difficult person at work, they are looking to see if you know how to set priorities and say no when you need to, it's not really about how you would deal with the difficult person in general.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest problem you have solved? (make sure to give them something impressive)
      Tell me a time you do data analysis.
      Tell me a time you worked on something outside of your expertise and how you handle that? (they will ask a tons of follow-up questions on that)
      Why Amazon?
      If there is a machine that spit out $20 every month for two years, how much would you buy the machine for? (You have to walk them through how you figured out your rate of return, they won't give it to you.)
      What is your biggest accomplishment in the last job?
      Tell me a time when you make a significant change in the process. (It should be very significant, I only had two internships before so I couldn't give them an impressive answers that they were looking for)
      Oh, and be sure to give them your work experiences, they don't like it when you give school experience.   Answer Question