Amazon Fulfillment Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Fulfillment Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

1.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DuPont, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (DuPont, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

Original contact was an online application because of a new warehouse opening up nearby. 2nd contact was approximately a month later via email and that allowed me to schedule a phone interview. 3rd contact was the phone interview. No interview questions were asked, just checking to see if was a real human. Happy with a few responses about equipment operations and scheduling availabilities. 4th contact was another email requesting scheduling of f2f interview. Waiting another month before that happens.

Interview Questions

• I reviewed all the other questions mentioned. Only new question was regarding operating fork lifts.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Fulfillment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

So far, so good. Very knowledgeable and informative process. Only had phone interview so far, but that happened rather quickly after my application submission, within 3 business days. I was invited for the 1:1 interview next week.

Fulfillment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Applied in February, forgot about it, heard back in April. Did a brief 10 minute phone interview, with mostly the interviewer speaking. Scheduled me for an in person interview in two weeks. At in person interview there was no interview, was told I was hired and went into an orientation and drug test.

Fulfillment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon in April 2014.

Interview

My interview process started when I went in for an interview for a lead fulfillment associate position. Started with a phone interview, which led to an in person interview. At least 2 years of management experience and a BA were required. Before heading in I was asked if I wanted to be considered for a fulfillment associate position, if I wasn't chosen for the lead spot. I said yes. The interview itself was in a conference room with many other candidates being interviewed at other tables. There was a basic quiz to judge your HR and basic math skills, which I was asked questions on by the interviewers. The rest of the interview was pretty basic, nothing too out of the ordinary. Come to find out, the position I was applying for had a ridiculous number of applicants and I really had no chance of getting that position. But since I said yes to being considered for a fulfillment associate position I was pretty much a shoe-in. Good game Amazon, getting college educated management material as your applicant pool for lower positions. Bravo. The actual "interview" for this position consisted of me going in for a drug test and getting some paperwork signed. Still haven't started working because as of writing this the building still hasn't even been built yet...

Interview Questions

• Nothing really. If you have at least a year of work experience, have basic math and language skills, can lift 50 pounds, and have done at least one interview before in your life, you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Fulfillment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone interview, which wasn't really even an interview. It was basically them explaining what the job was like. Then I waited for my background check and drugs screening to go through. Then attended a work orientation. Then attended a tour of the building. Then began my job.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Fulfillment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in June 2014.

Interview

Applied through Amazon's website. A week later I received an email asking me to schedule a interview for the next month. A month later went to hotel because the fulfillment center isn't completed and was told as soon as I walked in the door that they weren't interviewing they were offering contingent employment offers. Showed proof of education, took my badge picture, got my schedule, had a mini orientation where we took our drug tests. I was told I would be contacted in two days regarding my drug test results and 14 days for my background check. Two weeks after that I will receive my orientation date.

Interview Questions

• None. No phone interview or in-person interview. Easy peasy.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. They told you what they were paying and that was that.

Anonymous Employee in DuPont, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (DuPont, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

I filled out an online application, and took a test (also online). That was back in February of this year, I then received an few emails about an Amazon Fulfillment Center and what it is like to work there. Finally at the end of May I received an email to come to a tier 1 hiring event (which I had to pick one of there posted times listed in the email). I went to the event, where they had me bring my photo I.D. and proof of my education. After taking both and checking them over they gave me a temporary access card so that I could get into the area where the hiring event was being held. I was then handed a piece of paper with information on what my schedule would be, and what the next steps in the hiring process would be like, they called it a contingent hiring agreement. I was then sent to a room with about 15 to 20 other people and we were asked to take I.D photos for our access cards, then we were given a few speeches from some of the upper management and HR reps, and finally we were asked to take a drug test. We were told that as long as we passed both the drug and the background tests then our job offer would be considered valid, and we go on to the next part of the hiring process, the new hire orientation. It took about 6 days to get an email back after my drug and background test, the email stated that I had passed both, and that I should be on the look out for my next email to schedule my new hire orientation. I am now just waiting for that email. I would like to mention that Amazon has awesome benefits and everyone at the group hiring event was really nice and friendly!

Interview Questions

• There were no interview questions, they just offered us the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was really no negotiations, you get a piece of paper stating your schedule, and what your pay will be.

Anonymous Employee in Jeffersonville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Jeffersonville, IN) in July 2013.

Interview

Apply online. They will email you to tell you if they would like to decline to interview you further or ask you to schedule a phone interview online. If you get a phone interview, they will send you another email either inviting you to an in- person group interview or not. At the group interview, you will be there with many other potentials. There is a big room with many tables, each with one interviewer and one interviewee. This will be your only in person interview. Afterwards, you are asked to wait till they are finished... be prepared to be there for several hours. They will split you into two groups and each group will go into their own room. If you walk into the room and there is a drug test kit on the table, you got the job. If not, you will be told thanks, but no thanks. If hired, you will have a little mini intro to the company presentation, fill out paperwork, and take a picture for your security badge. You will also be required to take an oral swab drug test on the spot. They will give you an official letter welcoming you and listing your pay amount. They will also tell you a ballpark figure on when to expect you orientation, be forewarned, it could be a bit. Mine was three weeks later. After orientation, which takes 6-8 hours, you will usually start the following week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to be creative to meet a goal.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. In the beginning, they will not work with you on scheduling around school, but will after 6 months. All FC associates start at 11.00. No negotiating starting pay, benefits, and very little flexibility on scheduling.

Fulfillment Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

process was standard staffing agency interview. Tell me about yourself. process was standard staffing agency interview. Tell me about yourself. process was standard staffing agency interview. Tell me about yourself. process was standard staffing agency interview. Tell me about yourself. process was standard staffing agency interview. Tell me about yourself

Negotiation

no negotiation, take it or leave it

Fulfillment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Amazon in April 2014.

Interview

Short 30 min call with HR from Seattle. In person interview starting with a work problem at a location near the fulfillment center. Role play based on the work problem and other general questions that seemed to be trying to figure out how intelligent and experienced you are. It's sort of a registration for school type of experience as there are many Amazon team members and other job candidates there at the same time.

Interview Questions

• In my experience I did not feel like any questions were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation - the offer was the offer. Either you want the job or 15 other people behind you are willing to take the job.