Amazon Interview Questions in Hebron, KY | Glassdoor

2.5

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Amazon Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hebron, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Hebron, KY) in October 2016.

Interview

There is no interview process. You pretty much show up, sign up for a background check and take a drug test then they email you the day you start if you pass everything

Interview Questions

• Do you have a pulse? Are you able to function as abnormal human being on a daily basis?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. They offer a contingent job offer after applying online, you schedule the day or your career event where there is a short presentation, drug test and background check and you pick your schedule then you get an email when there is an opening in that schedule and you set up your 8 hour orientation

Anonymous Employee in Hebron, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Hebron, KY) in July 2016.

Interview

There was little to do other than watch a few videos and take a drug test. The whole presentation took place with a group of people and walk-ins were welcome. A week later was the first paid day of work and it served as orientation. The whole process was very fast and easy.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hebron, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Hebron, KY) in June 2016.

Interview

The whole process took almost a month and a half. It is very difficult to get an interview, I had to search for recruiters on LinkedIn. Once I did I got an initial phone interview, then a second interview with the HR manager at the facility I was interested in. Finally I did an onsite interview in which I did a tour of the facility followed by three in person interviews. One interview with a senior HRBP, one with the hiring manager and a final interview with an operations manager. The interview questions were pretty straight forward behavioral based/situational questions. If you've done one then you already know what to expect. It was a pretty simple but interesting process. I got to learn a lot about the company before any offer was made. My final interviews were on a Friday, and by Monday night I had an answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a direct subordinate not meeting expectations and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The base salary and benefits were exactly where I expected them to be, no negotiating was necessary.

Anonymous Employee in Hebron, KY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Amazon (Hebron, KY) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy, you just did a small test and then they asked you a few questions and then they hire you on spot as long as you can lift 50 pounds.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hebron, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Hebron, KY) in April 2016.

Interview

Most mentally exhausting process I have been through. Everyone was friendly and professional. No matter how detailed your STAR formatted answers are, be prepared to go deeper in response to detailed questions. The math questions can all be found here. However, the follow on question will almost certainly catch you off guard. I encourage you to work the problems here over and over until you know mechanically how to answer. It's basic math folks but you get 5 minutes to do the follow up. I don't stress easy, but it stressed me out a bit. Any way you will check in at security, be taken on a tour, enter a conference room be given a 15 minute problem. Then participate in 4 very in depth interview. One of them is going over the math problem to include redirect. The rest are behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Many behavioral on top of the Math work flow   1 Answer

Accepted a job with slightly better pay and much better culture

Senior Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hebron, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Hebron, KY) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online (December 2015). Was contacted by a recruiter not long after with a request to answer some initial questions via email (interest in Amazon, availability, background, etc.). After about a week, I was then invited to do a virtual interview - which was very convenient. I was able to do it in the comfort on my home at whatever time I chose. This interview had pretty typical questions (skills, interests, background). After 1-2 weeks, I was contacted again by the recruiter to schedule a phone interview with an HRBP. This interview was conversational but did have some behavioral questions. After another week, I was invited to the Fulfillment Center for a final interview. However, a few days before the interview - I was notified that they had decided to hire an internal candidate but would keep me in consideration for the next open role. About 2 weeks later, I was contacted again by the recruiter - letting me know that another Sr. HRA role had opened and they'd like me to come in for a final round interview. The last interview was at one of Amazon's Fulfillment Centers. I had about an hour tour, an hour interview with an HR Manager, and an hour interview with an Operations Manager. They asked more behavioral questions. A week later, I was extended an offer (February 2016). Overall it was a speedy process that they try to make as convenient/friendly as possible (took about 2-2 1/2 months). Everyone I met, especially the recruiter, was very nice!

You're asked up front if you're okay working in a 24/7 varying work shift, manufacturing environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you dealt with a difficult customer or negative feedback?   Answer Question

This position is hourly but with a very large signing bonus and 2nd year bonus (and decent benefit) Got a higher salaried offer from another company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hebron, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Hebron, KY) in January 2016.

Interview

applied online and then i was asked to come to a hiring event which pretty much meant I got the job but then I had to wait for the call. Also had to do a mouth swap for a drug test.

Senior Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hebron, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Hebron, KY) in December 2015.

Interview

It varies, I was flown out with little notice to Kentuky. Arrived and due to delays, short amount of rest. They provide rentals, flight and hotel. In my case, interviewed back to back with 8 Amazonians. All of which had great passion and questions. Prior to the intense interviews, a tour of the Fulfillment center in which you were conducting the interview at was given which was exciting.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with developing teams from the warehouse level to management?   Answer Question

Process Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hebron, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Hebron, KY) in November 2015.

Interview

Role play math question and then 3 STAR queations. Then went in a room with a manager and an HR representative did the role play went I've the math portion and onto the three questions

Interview Questions

• Name a situation when you had to deal with a disgruntled associate.   Answer Question

Fulfillment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hebron, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Hebron, KY) in November 2015.

Interview

There is a computer generated questionnaire & group hiring meetings. In season Amazon needs to hire some thousand people for this sort center & they hire you on the spot conditional on passing drug screening.