Amazon Human Resources Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 27, 2017

3.2

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Baltimore, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

I was applying internally for a promotion. I had one phone interview screening, followed by two phone interviews the following week. The interviews were done via phone because I was not in the same location as the job opportunity. All three interviews were intense behavioral interviews, so I spent a lot of time preparing for them. I recommend that anyone else do the same thing.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted to do a virtual interview.

Round 1: Virtual interview through HireVue
    Round 2: Two phone interviews with a recruiter and Sr. HR Assistant

Got an offer 2 days after the final interviews, would encourage people interested to apply as early as possible. I applied in November and accepted my offer in January.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for intern offers, pay is very good though.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon in October 2016.

Interview

They send me an email after applying online. Had an on demand interview for the first round. The second round consisted of two interviews - 15 minutes apart. The interviews consisted of mostly behavioral questions and a few case based questions. An understanding of the leadership principles is extremely important.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon in October 2016.

Interview

The entire interview process took 3 weeks. They were really quick in responding to emails and wonderful in handling the process.

The 2 interviewers were very nice and made me feel comfortable. It helped with my nervousness and made me be myself!

Interview Questions

• When was a time you've used creativity in handling/solving a problem?   1 Answer

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

The interview process began with two back to back interviews. It was with two different interviewers. The first one was an informational and more about my resume and the second was behavioral questions.

Human Resource Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR Coordinator to discuss the position over the phone. I'd consider it an informal interview. She then scheduled two follow up phone interviews- and provided me with company material about their culture which drives their interview Qs. Those were handy and helped in being reflective in my approach to the Qs. 1st phone interview was with a person currently in that role who would be a colleague and the second one was an indirect supervisor. Those went well, and they brought me for an on-site. They have a travel agency company that handles those details and it was pretty seemless. The on-site interview lasted 5 hours and I met with 5 different people. They all approached the interview with very different styles, and everyone was really kind and full of (what seemed to be) genuine personalities. It was grueling but the topics were energetic and motivating. I really left there feeling positive about the company and that I left a good impression. Once those 5 people met to discuss my candidacy and made a decision, I received a call by another HR person- the Recruiter, with the update. I was told I didn't get the job, and the sad part was there was no explanation, but apparently that was their protocol.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake at work. Follow up Qs: Why do you believe it happened? How would you approach it differently?   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in October 2015.

Interview

First I had a phone interview that was only about 15 minutes long to answer some questions about myself and then a few days later was asked to come in to have an in-person interview. Two people interviewed me. They bounced their questions off of each other and focused on behavioral questions mostly. The process took longer due to needing people for specific shifts.

Human Resource Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Spartanburg, SC).

Interview

STAR. All they way. Situation Task Action Result That is all they care about that's all they want to know. Don't get chummy chummy, it don't fly. You will be interviewed by multiple people and if one does not like you, you don't get in!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you were faced with competing deadlines and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about an instance where you had a customer who was unsatisfied?   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

It was not too hard but a ton of questions. Interview was 30-45 mintues long via phone. They ask about your background and some behavioral questions. In example, how would you react in a situation where this happens....? OR Explain a time when you were in this position....

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 total, 30-minute behavioral interviews all of which were conducted over the phone. I interviewed with current employees who were working in different functions. Initially, I discussed which internship roles would be the best fit given my background with the recruiter before beginning the process. I was asked to rate my location preferences afterwards and had to wait 3+ months before finding out my placement contingent upon business need.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between management and leadership? Describe a time when...   Answer Question