Amazon Human Resources Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 4, 2017

3.4

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Amazon (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

The job description was different than what the interviewer described. In spite of the interviewer was professional and knowledgeable about the company and the department. He advised they want to change the culture and bring in HR Specialist to assist with issues that arise with Human Capital.

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Get ready to have specific examples and answer them in STAR form. Interviewed with 4 different people. Everyone was pretty nice. Interview was 2 hours. This is a 6 month contract position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Contract position through H10 Staffing. They are pretty great.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

The hiring process was not quick. It took about 3-4 weeks as there were 3 different phone interviews and a 4-5 person panel in-person interview. They use the STAR method so your answers should include: Situation, Task, Action and Result. Be as detailed as possible with your answers and be specific. Use different examples as that shows a broader range of experience.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember specific questions, however they do follow the STAR method so your answers should include: Situation, Task, Action and Result. Be as detailed as possible with your answers and be specific.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was non-existent. They would not negotiate even though in the initial interview phase a sign-on bonus was discussed. They will try to hire you for the least amount of money and the lowest level possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

Conducted two interviews. First with the Hiring Manager, second with another HR Manager. Both interviews were fairly standard. Situational and behavioral questions that were intended to validate information in my resume as well as identify if I was a good fit for the position. I did not hear from the Hiring Manager for four weeks. At that point, a permanent position was not offered but the opportunity to serve as a contract temp was offered.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a process that could be scalable for a large organization like Amazon?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult co-worker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2011.

Interview

Interviews focus on action based responses: Situation, what you did about it, what the outcome was and how did you sustain it. All answers need/should have some sort of metric attached to it along with how it affected daily work. What could you have done better as well as what went really good can help.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2010.

Interview

This was my second interview experience at Amazon, and I was underwhelmed yet again. I love Amazon and its products, so it's a shame that I continue to have a poor candidate experience.

Amazon does have the process down regarding traveling to Seattle, hotel accommodations, etc. However, the hiring manager arrogantly stated "you would be working with the smartest people you ever worked with here." Clearly, she didn't read my resume and see that I had worked for their chief competitors that have some very smart people. In fact, she didn't seem to remember nor respect my background at all.

Amazon yet again failed to follow up with me post interviews. When I contacted the hiring manager, she didn't respond and instead had the recruiter follow up with me, who dropped the ball previously.

This poor experience not only reflected poorly on Amazon, but they also lost a customer.

Interview Questions

• How did you turn a no into a yes?   1 Answer
    • What is something that really bothers you?   3 Answers

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2017.

Interview

Interviews will be predefined. only certified manager will interview the candidate. they strictly follow the amazon leadership principles during the interview, here no influence for referred candidate. There will be multiple levels of interview based upon the position.

Interview Questions

• Question Based upon the situation and decision making   2 Answers

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Telephone interview / screen, followed by a 'loop' of 4 one-to-one interviews in one day with 4 different interviewers. Very competency-based interviews based on the company competencies, no running through your CV

Interview Questions

• Tell me 3 different occasions when you've received negative or constructive feedback   Answer Question