Amazon Interview Questions in Hyderabad, India | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

3.2

432 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

First stage is the jam round where you have to speak for a minute about any topic. Don't mug up something, speak fluently and confidently.

Then you have the versant test and Watson test.

Last round is the operational round where you'll be interviewed by a couple of managers. The managers who interviewed me were very chill and didn't give me a tough time.

HR at Amazon is probably the worst you'll experience, just be ready for them, the are too uptight, rude and don't bother about your experience. Interview process is tedious, they'll make you wait for hours between two rounds.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the trms role?   2 Answers

Negotiation

They didn't give any room for negotiation. Just threw a offer at you. It's extremely disappointing that a person who failed the interview thrice (and got in on the 4th attempt) gets almost twice your package, just because he has experience and you are a fresher.

Seller Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

I'll come straight to the point .

1st Round : J.A.M [ ironically , she gave us only 30 seconds time ] We could talk about anything we wish but it shouldn't be political or religious . This was easy AF .

2nd Round : VERSANT . This requires a basic but also good knowledge of English . If you speak with your friends sometimes in English and do some reading + writing in English , this round can be cleared . If you watch TV Shows WITHOUT subtitles , trust me , you will have a great advantage coz there are questions where you have to write down what the computer says in Native English accent .

3rd Round : [ I was DAMN confident I'll clear this with ease but hold on .. ] TRUST ME , they want employees that act in the interest of Amazon . So EVERYTHING you answer must be something that would benefit the company , don't talk about your other ideas . CAT , GRE , GATE , Any other company etc.. STRICTLY NO !! And if they ask you where do you see yourself in a few years , you "HAVE" to say you'll stick with Amazon and see yourself in a better position within the company . This was my biggest mistake . I told them about CAT + I also told them I'm skeptical if I'll stick with them for that long [5 years] . Even if you don't plan to stick with them , swallow your pride & say you will stick with them .

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your profile .. whatever you say he will build up on it and ask more questions regarding it so don't fake.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Seller Support ?   Answer Question
    • What do you understand by Customer Obsessed ?   Answer Question
    • Anything contradictory , he will pick it up and ask us to clarify . Be prepared if you know there are contradictions within your answers   Answer Question
    • Night shifts ? Working on weekends ? Okay for you ? .. say YES   Answer Question

Lmaq Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Hyderabad (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

This job profile is better than TRMS.
    There were 5 rounds for this process-
    1. GD/ JAM- Candidates were asked to speak on any topic for 1 minute. The HR was very friendly and also asked some questions from resume. They were selecting the candidates based on their communication skills.
    2. Versant Test
    3. Watson Glaser- This test is based on logical reasoning and critical thinking.
    4. Operational Round 1
    5. Operational Round 2
    The operational rounds were f2f rounds and the interviewers were asking highly logical case based questions and puzzles. Be spontaneous, think and then speak.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why shift from a technical profile to a non technical profile.
      Rate yourself in SQL.
      Questions regarding my job experience.
      The interviewer asked questions on SQL (Joins, Normalization as I had mentioned SQL in my resume)
      Puzzle on painted cube.
      Give 7 factors which you'll consider while opening a store in the city.
      Then he gave a scenario and asked me to optimize the delivery of 80000 packages with least number of delivery associates.
      How will you count the number of streetlights in the city, with no help from the municipal corporation and no prior data given to you. How will you optimize this method.
      and some more cased based questions.
      Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

There will be 5 rounds
    1. Jam
    2. Versant
    3. W&G test
    4. Manager
    5. HR
    Interview was very easy, u can crack it easily. And HR was very cool. Mostly they will ask situation based questions and based on the resume. Go through ur resume before going. For W&G test u need to have analytical thinking.

Interview Questions

• How can u find a fraud customer??   1 Answer

Network Operations Center (NOC) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

1. J.A.M
    2. Versant test - sound and typing test
    3. Analytics test - It is like how it sounds like ;)
    4. Operations (Ops) round - I think manager or team leader might take this round.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based questions in ops round. Interviewer was nice, and modest.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

The process took 5 days. I went through a referral . First round was Jam . I was asked to talk about any topic . Second round was completely on reasoning and logical thinking a bit critical but easy to crack . It consists of 40 questions .Third and Fourth rounds were Operational. They asked some aptitude questions and case scenarios.

Interview Questions

• what will you do if the courier guy unable to find the customers address?   1 Answer
    • What if the customer placing order wrong pin code and refusing to correct it with respective address?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

1 online coding test, received the link through Naukri.com. Then I was flown over to Hyderabad for F2F interviews, had 3 long technical interviews. Then another technical skype interview. And lastly an HR interview.
    I only did LeetCode. And some geeksforgeeks.
    Datastructure and Algorithm is enough.
    Superb experience.
    HRs are very good.
    Interviewers were very smart and gave off hints that make your brain start to work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They dont deserve to be negotiated with. They give really nice salary.

Trms Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

The Company conducted placements in our college for fresher graduates. The interview has 3 rounds based on which the students are filtered and selected. The first two rounds are GD and JAM, Telephonic interview and the personal interview is conducted at the office.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my view on E-commerce and emerging technologies   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

I apllied for amazon trms process through an employee reference. It was a 2 day process. They conducted first round as a personal interaction round. The HR told to introduce yourself and if they have any questions then they will ask about about whatever mentioned in your resume. After clearing first round, there was an online exam related to english writing and the versant round followed by one more. After clearing all these you will have an operation round.
    I would like to thank people who have posted their experiences on Glassdoor. I went through all the reviews and have done done a comparative study about it which helped me to crack the interview.
    All the best folks! Just prepare yourself before going for any interview.
    Thank you..

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and the place from which you belong.
      Operational:
      Introduce yourself
      Why amazon?
      How will you detect the online frauds?   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Asked me basic questions on SQL,previous work experience,questions upon practical situations,HR given an situation,asking lets say I have expensive watch to sell on Amazon platform ,how do you determine whether buyer is fraud?