Amazon Interview Questions in Iaşi, Romania | Glassdoor

3.5

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iaşi (Romania)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Iaşi (Romania)) in March 2011.

Interview

at least 3 technical interviews and HR and/or manager interview.
    You need to be proficient in 1 object oriented language , know algorithms and data structures at medium level and have great problem solving abilities.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

you get an offer from the HR stuff. You can then try to negociate

Senior Compliance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iaşi (Romania)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Iaşi (Romania)) in March 2017.

Interview

Very professional hiring process, kind HR personnel and the first week at Amazon felt like being part of a true global company where everyone matters and has a chance of their own. Overall, very beneficial experience being here. Take your shot too and you'll never regret it.

I remember that feeling when stepping the threshold for the first time, not knowing not would be my next move.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my passions and what if..... situations to test mental skills   1 Answer

Subject Matter Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iaşi (Romania)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Iaşi (Romania)) in April 2016.

Interview

Several interviewers, hiring managers seem nice and helpful. HR department maybe too pushy and too formal. overall an interesting experience, but not one I am looking forward to repeating sometimes soon

Interview Questions

• Scenario on how would you react in case you discover a problem created by your team and how do you fix it ?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iaşi (Romania)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Iaşi (Romania)).

Interview

An initial technical phone-screening with an amazon SDE that, after a general introduction, comprised of a coding (in-browser) exercise, followed by basic troubleshooting,network and algorithm questions.

I was the contacted by the HR recruiter for the on-site interviews.

The on-site was comprised of 5 interviews, each 45 minutes long, with a food break in the middle, where a technical staff member takes you to eat out and during which you can ask questions about the general work-life environment at amazon. This part is off-the-track and the person you're eating will not be looped into the decision to hire you or not based on the eat-out discussions.

The on-site interviews were related to coding and algorithms, networking, linux, troubleshooting and a HR interview (half in romanian, half in english).

The people were very friendly and clarification questions were promptly answered.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you sort two files that do not fit into memory?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iaşi (Romania)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Iaşi (Romania)) in June 2016.

Interview

I got contacted after 1 month after uploading my CV on their website. I took a 2 hours test, most on Linux commands, distributed systems, protocols, networks, debugging and troubleshooting. A week later I got a video interview that lasted about 3 hours with 3 different people. Two hours of technical questions and one hour on projects done, testing team skills and communication skills.

Interview Questions

• Command line instruction in Linux for seeing processes and one for killing them
      Difference between TCP and UDP
      What is NAT   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iaşi (Romania)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Iaşi (Romania)).

Interview

Phone interview and I had to write a program that rotated binary tree nodes and traverse it in dfs, bfs in around 15 min. The person that took my phone interview was really nice. On site interview was long, 4 rounds of interviews in a day, from 9 am to 3 pm. Some technical quedtions questions were awkward, others were alright. Final interview was with the manager. He was really friendly and made you fell comfortable but it was laid with boby traps, he would sometimes ask really serious questions out of the blue and you had to properly answer them.

Interview Questions

• How would you rotate left one node in a binary tree.   Answer Question
    • If you had to write a garbage collector that counted references and deleted an object when reference count was 0, would it work properly and why or why not?   Answer Question

Not what I expected.

Anonymous Employee in Iaşi (Romania)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Iaşi (Romania)) in November 2015.

Interview

I found it efficient.They don't request knowledge of a particular technology. They are willing to invest time for you to learn a technology. But they do request that you have proper knowledge with the principles involved in development and engineering, and require that you are eager to learn and flexible.

Interview Questions

• given an array of numbers, which contains a clone for each entry except one, find the number which is unique.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Iaşi (Romania)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon (Iaşi (Romania)).

Interview

Contacted by a HR representative, provided clear instructions on the whole interview process.
    Interview span over many months.
    Very hard, need to be aware of algorithms and edge cases.
    Many interviews with different people including future team, HR, project manager, director, bar raisers aso.

Interview Questions

• Algorithmical and theoretical CS.
      Experience on former projects.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iaşi (Romania)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Amazon (Iaşi (Romania)) in May 2017.

Interview

After getting in touch with someone from Amazon, the standard interview steps were followed. First, there was a phone screening, then 4 one hour interviews, three of them were technical interviews, 1 on 1 with different managers, then one hr interview. Besides the technical questions, you are asked to describe a difficult assignment, a situation where you were under preasure and how you handled it, etc
    I got a negative response from them, and when I asked for feedback, they said they couldn't give me any, but that they will answer any other questions I may have :-). This was rather strange, and perhaps also the fact that you don't get feedback during the interviews also. They kind of sit there and judge you, and you get that "hmmmm" from time to time, but they're not rude or smething, they just don't really build a conversation with you, you are strictly evaluated.

Interview Questions

• What happens from the moment you enter a web address in your browser up until you get a response   1 Answer
    • Some basic questions about data structures, space/time complexities for accessing an element, insert, delete   Answer Question
    • Write a small function to determine whether two words are anagrams   Answer Question
    • Design a small application which behaves like an online file system   Answer Question
    • Write a recursive function that does multiplication by repetitive additions   Answer Question
    • Design a parking app with some basic functionalities   1 Answer
    • Implement a plain binary search   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Iaşi (Romania)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Iaşi (Romania)) in January 2010.

Interview

For technical position there are 5 interviews with developers.

Negotiation