Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

3.3

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Thorough behavioral interview. They were checking for a fit for Amazon culture and their leadership qualities. They were keen to dig deeper and questioned every statement and word I choose. They were all video interviews

Interview Questions

• name a process you've changed   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to quickly make a decision that you could not speak to your supervisor about. How did it go? If good, then asked tell me about a time it did not go well.    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)) in September 2014.

Interview

- Four interviews
    - One phone interview and three in house interviews
    - each interview had 45 mins
    - I liked the atmosphere very much, very nice people. It felt more like a conversation than like a job interview.

Interview Questions

• - What would you do in this and that situation? (situations like when you couldn't deliver what you promised; what you would do in case a customer is very demanding...)
      - Highlight some things you like about amazon. Make proposals to improve things you mentioned.
      - Some technical questions and a short test related to my job description (not very difficult)

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Pune (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

The interviewers are quite friendly they will make you comfortable. Then test how you apply technical Knowledge you learned throughout the course. Mostly the questions are based on data structures. The also ask which is your favourite project you have done so far.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Got an email saying they liked my resume and I scheduled for an interview on campus (this was at UCSD). The interview consisted of 2 45 minute interviews. They were very nice people and very helpful when I was stuck on some code. Interesting interview. Heard back the day after and did not get the offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in October 2015.

Interview

I had 4 interviews in total and applied online. The interviews all happened in a row, which was a bit tiring. Very competence based questions (eg. tell me about a time you received critics). I also had to solve a case study. The process in general was very fast and recruiter was very responsive. Though you get the feeling once you're hired they care about you anymore.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you overcame a challenge?
      Tell me a time you were innovative?

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied on their careers website, they reviewed my CV and invited me for an online SHL numerical reasoning test and video interview with screen sharing and an excel document. Most questions were around pivot tables, 1 question on VLOOKUP and 1 other on VBA. 3 questions on SQL. I answered well but they favoured another candidate. There was also some behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• VLOOK-UP, pivot tables, VBA, SQL and making graphs from pivot tables.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you were assigned a KPI (Key performance indicator) and how did you reach it?
      Tell us a bit about yourself.
      Why are you interested in an internship at Amazon.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Video (Brazil)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon (Video (Brazil)) in February 2017.

Interview

After submitting the application and written essay, I had 2 rounds interviews. 1st round: 2 video interviews, 2nd round: 2 video interviews. After the 1st round, it took 3 - 4 weeks to have another round.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you fail.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you need data to make a decision.   1 Answer
    • Pricing questions.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)) in April 2016.

Interview

Brief self-presentation with all the other candidates, then a group project with a strict time limit to be presented to the interviewers. As a second stage, there was a single assignment regarding some proposals of initiatives to improve the company's products and services. The interviewers were friendly and they allowed short breaks between activities. Overall a challenging yet positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to help someone   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

1st round - two back to back one-on-one 30 minutes virtual interviews
    2nd round - two back to back one-on-one 45 minutes virtual interviews
    Overall, the first 5 minutes the interviewers will introduce themselves. Be prepared for the questions you wanna ask the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions but will ask a lot follow up questions in detail...   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Completed online tests then had a telephone interview followed by an AC.

Involved meeting current grads and interns with lunch provided by human resources

Mixture of interviews and presentation

Long way to slough however i believe they have new offices opening soon in central london

Interview Questions

• Where have you shown ownership?   1 Answer