Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Madison, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, heard back in a few days about an "expedited interview" (below)
Online/on-campus assessment: 7/7 debug, passed all cases for both problems, probably good scores on logic problems
Offer in 8 days
Awaiting team placement now

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Instructional call with talent acquisition about the process and question types. Easy setup up of interview times and quick responses. Interview with hiring manager next, few behavioral questions asking to tell a time when you did x, y, or, z

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY).

Interview

Completed an online test. phone interview scheduled. the interviewer did not seem interested. Question about printing result of a cd command eg which directory it is in could contain ./..

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Thorough behavioral interview. They were checking for a fit for Amazon culture and their leadership qualities. They were keen to dig deeper and questioned every statement and word I choose. They were all video interviews

Interview Questions

• name a process you've changed   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to quickly make a decision that you could not speak to your supervisor about. How did it go? If good, then asked tell me about a time it did not go well.    Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I applied online. I got a phone interview after 2 months. I was pretty surprised when I got the phone interview. The interviewer asked me several behavior questions for the first interview. He is a really nice guy and really informative. Remember to take some notes during the interview and you can use them in your next interview and ask questions about it.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in April 2016.

Interview

I knew someone at the company who forwarded my information to get me the initial interview. Had two phone calls with HR but didn't advance past that process. The technical questions were fairly difficult. Behaviorals were not bad at all. The interviewer was very pleasant and helpful through the process. Good communication and good experience overall despite the result.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in April 2016.

Interview

Solid overall process, spoke with multiple individuals within Amazon and they asked a lot of questions regarding my knowledge of dealing with Human resources and managerial situations because I was applying as an HR intern

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your call center was facing challenges specific to a problem   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a online test followed by a round of two interviews. The online test is really simple, with easy coding questions. My interview went really well, was really expecting a offer though. The process in completely unpredictable. In phone rounds I was asked questions about trees, algorithms, data structures, time complexity. It started with discussing my previous project work.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

It was a one-on-one on-campus interview. They hosted an informal info-session the day before the actual interview. And it was a mix of both behavioral and situational. The interview was not particularly hard, but if you are an international student, please be sure that they will sponsor your work visa. For the position that i applied to, they didn't have the quota to sponsor.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

First Round Interviews. There are two 30 min back to back interviews. They ask behavioral questions and go deep into your stories. It is important to review your stories and have a clear message to deliver, they want to know the impact of every story and the take outs you had. The interview is very informal and conversational.

Interview Questions

• Situation when you failed and how you handled it.   1 Answer