Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 12, 2017

3.2

180 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

First Round Interviews. There are two 30 min back to back interviews. They ask behavioral questions and go deep into your stories. It is important to review your stories and have a clear message to deliver, they want to know the impact of every story and the take outs you had. The interview is very informal and conversational.

Interview Questions

• Situation when you failed and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (UC Berkeley, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Basic interview, talked up and down resume. They then asked me some basic software questions about stacks, queues, graphs, etc. We then discussed some of the standard behavioral questions. Second interview was more of the same but this one was more of a conversation than interview with only one real problem posed.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Applied and had a deadline, but they were very accomadating. I had two 45 minute interviews both technical. I had two different people and I believe that they were on the same team. I messed up on a qeustion about queues and stacks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Provo, UT) in November 2014.

Interview

After a first round phone interview, which lasted half an hour I was emailed a project. I was given a set amount of time in which to complete the project. The project was very open ended where certain assumptions had to be made, which you had to be prepared to give reasons why you made those assumptions. After the allotted time I turned in the project and the following day I had two separate forty five minute interviews. The first was a hard core evaluation of my project, and the second was an overview of my project followed by typical interview questions.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I interviewed at Amazon (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

It was a good experience. I had a phone interview during which I was asked about basic Machine Learning algorithms and a programming question. The interview was for almost an hour. The questions were more situation based and the interview was friendly.

Interview Questions

• write an algorithm to calculate the edit distance between two strings   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon in July 2014.

Interview

Had a referral from a linkedin recruiter. I had a phone interview with someone from the corporate office within a couple weeks. It was mostly problem solving and behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Where would you put a inventory/distribution center and why? Name some of the products you are familiar with, what is your favorite product.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

technical process, very detailed , they don't contact you for awhile which I did not like, took way too long to not hear back so i moved forward with other jobs. I also heard that it is a stressful place to work. if you ask them this they will not deny it

Intern Interview

Interview

Its on campus interview for intern. Applied on campus recruit market.

Interview Questions

• two algorithm questions, one of them is given a string, substitute special chars. give all possible results.
       like substitute 'a' and 'o' from amazon, then the possible answer should be:
      AmAzon, amazOn, AmAzOn   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2014.

Interview

The process was quick, took less than 3 weeks to schedule a phone interview. The HR interviewed me over phone. There were few regular open questions, like introduce your research, when would you be available. Nothing technical, no difficult or unexpected questions. The interview was easy and the interviewee was friendly.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Got interviewed for software intern. It was a relatively simple interview with lot of emphasis on data structures. Was asked questions regarding basic data structures and made to write 2 programs based on it.

Interview Questions

• Few of the questions regarding the complexity were little tricky.   Answer Question