Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 6, 2017

3.2

178 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Two interviews on campus. Didn't seem to be very organized.

Was also asked to sign an NDA.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Intern Interview

Interview

Interviewed last week. Liked the people that interviewed me. I thought that I did well on the questions, but I haven't heard back from them yet. The first question I almost ran out of time because I was talking to him too much at the beginning. On the second one I completed the task quickly. Hopefully I'll hear from them in a couple of days.

Intern Interview

Interview

Submitted application online and much later they emailed me asking for my available times to set up two back to back technical interviews. The interviews were 45 minutes each and composed of a couple questions and then time for you to ask questions in the end.

Intern Interview

Interview

I got an email for a telephone interview after talking to Amazon at college career fair. There were two telephone interviews back to back. Both were technical for 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to count occurrences of an integer in a given sorted array. I had to optimize for time and take care of corner cases.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Ask the pattern design and algorithm problem

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Phone

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Two 45 minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• Binary Search Tree where each node knows its parent and the leaf nodes are in a linked list. Print the in order traversal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

The first round asked some detains about hashtable, but I didn't know how to answer it. Then lgorithmic problem that the team had already solved, and on the front-end. I wrote the algorithm in Javascript. The final problem is to reverse a char arrray of sentence in place.
    The second round asked detains about arraylist and lined list and the difference between them. Problems are copy a binary tree and print a binary tree by level.

Interview Questions

• find the common ancestor of two nodes using the interface.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (West Lafayette, IN) in February 2014.

Interview

I appliyed in a job fair at my university. The process took 3 weeks. A interview was scheduled by the recruiter a week after the fair.
    I had two back-to-back technical interviews.
    The first interviewer preferred me to write the answers on paper and was more strict. The second one was more relaxed and let me use the board.

Interview Questions

• Given a amount of money, write code to show how many ways there are to represent that quantity with coins.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2014.

Interview

Had 2 rounds of phone interview (each for 45 min).Both the interviews were technical.I was asked to write code for general data structures questions(linked lists,binary trees).
    In first round I was asked to wrte code for Reversing a linked list,finding intersection of two linked lists,reversing a string, hash tables and some pointer questions.In second round I was asked about my projects and a card problem

Interview Questions

• i faced difficulty while writing the code as I have to explain him what I was doing at the same time.A little bit of practise would have helped.   Answer Question