Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 12, 2017

3.2

180 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2014.

Interview

two interviews - on phone.

Interview Questions

• determine if two strings have the same suffix. The strings will be given in a list format
    eg : C -> A -> P -> A -> B -> L -> E   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Interviewers were very relaxed and easy going. The technical questions seem pretty easy, however I hear rumors they are reviewing the new technical questions.

Interview Questions

• The last/hardest question I was asked was how to do an in order tree traversal.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2014.

Interview

Asked two questions mainly on graph trees and algorithms and complexities

Interview Questions

• they were not difficult questions though they look at your thinking process more   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was by phone and also took form of writing code at the computer while an Amazon employee was watching live. They ask you to code right there on the fly for the position I was applying for.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Email from recruiter to set up phone interview. Set up two hour long interviews right after another. Questions were technical and behavioral in nature.

Second interviewer seemed to be distracted. I explained my thought process and ideas to his questions, but he didn't seem to be too focused. Ultimately ended interview earlier than allotted time.

Interview Questions

• Find maximum depth of a tree.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Initially 2 rounds of phone interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Bloomington, IN) in September 2013.

Interview

On campus interview, the first interview was case based. They gave you a simple math problem to complete ahead of time and then you had to explain it to the interviewer. She then changed details of the problem and asked you to solve it again. It was difficult to even follow what she was asking for.

The second part was a typical behavioral interview, the more you know about the lingo at Amazon, the better!

Intern Interview

Interview

After applying to the Amazon legal internship through the Amazon Careers website, I was contacted by a recruiter to sit for a series of interviews. Each interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. I received a follow-up declination less than 3 days after the interviews. Because this position of an educational nature and was advertised through my school, I do not agree with Amazon's policy refusing to provide applicants with feedback. Try to find out precisely what they are looking for and what division within the department you will be interviewing for before the interview because the recruiters are inaccessible after the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would you recommend we approach the following scenario?: A vendor wants to require Amazon to obtain consent from the vendor each time the vendor's trade name is to be used.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied through recruiter for a position as a Software Development Intern. Had two interviews 45min each.

Interview Questions

• Read Cracking the coding interview to prepare. Nothing outside of expectations   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I had two phone interviews each 45 mins. The first round has two questions and it was technical and no behavioral questions. In the second round, I was asked about my work experience, my project. Then I was asked one technical questions which took up the entire 45 mins. The first round was a bit easy and the second round was a difficult one.

Interview Questions

• Basic data structure questions and array related questions   Answer Question