Amazon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

8,690 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY).

Interview

Basic target selection questions, STAR. Called for interview at FC. Interview lasted roughly 40 minutes. Well organized and flowed great. Asked about a process change I helped implement and the simple math question of 38 hourly with 2 indirect employees. Added how many people would be needed if one wanted 10000 more units.

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

Step 1:
    Got an email from Amazon recruiter that they saw my profile matching with their requirement and interested to see whether am willing to proceed with interview process. I said why not, as Amazon in one of my dream company to join with. I replied back with all required details and resume.

Step 2:
    After one week I got an email for first phone interview. Which was technical round. The guy who interviewed me was senior development engineer and interview went for 1 hour. It was perfectly planned and he was very nice guy and has experience in taking interview for sure.

Step 3:
    After one week from first phone interview, i got an email stating, they liked talking with me and willing to proceed with second phone interview. I have replied and they scheduled me second technical phone interview in a week. Now, Senior technical project/program manager took the interview and it was really interactive and went very smooth. It was more of behavior and scenario related questions and he helped here and there to provide the lead to answer. It was only for 40 mins as that manager was busy with some other important work to do. But it was great. He informed me right away that he liked me and he will ask recruiter to schedule next round as a pure technical.

Step 4:
    After 5 days, I got an email for Final Phone interview, and this will be pure technical. I provided my availability. In meantime when I was waiting for final phone interview, I got an email stating they willing to fly me to Seattle amazon.com office for in person interview. There you go.

Step 5:
    All arrangements done in 2 days and I flew to their office for in person interview. There were totally 6 interviews, each 45 mins. In between there was one lunch meeting with manager from different team. All interviewers were very cool and process oriented. I studied many reviews and comments from glass door and other websites. But its not really that bad as they have pointed out. Amazon has a process to note each and every word you say to decide your ability. So I don't think their activity to type what you say while the interview in process is bad at all, because they are recording it for future decision. So I really agree they have their process which is working well for them and I felt good. Most of the questions were behavior, given scenario, your past experience, technical, design, architecture related. It started at 9:30 and ended at 4 PM with 5 mins break between some interview.

Overall it was great experience to me.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

I am interviewing with the AmazonFresh team. The phone interviews were manageable and went well. Before the in person interview, I had to write up an example of a judgment call. I then got that question two times during the in person interview. I had examples for each leadership principle ready but in hindsight, I should have had 3 examples for each leadership principles which isn't easy when most companies don't set goals and accurately measure your impact. Recruiter, Hiring Manager, Team Member, 5 hour interview with entire team and 1 bar raiser, written assessment. Bar riser is one person not on your team that can veto you if you wouldn't fit in the culture. I got along with him the best. My struggle was the last person after 4 hours of being grilled I think I was just tired and got very nervous.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you have 3 examples for each leadership principle since you get the same question over again by different people and it is frowned upon to say the same thing. All answers should follow the STAR method and you need to tell the story with emphasizing the results instead of just reading them off.

1. Why Amazon now?
      2. What is the most technical project you worked on? What were the risks? Impact?
      3. Who are you?
      4. What feedback have you received from past managers?
      5. What was your most creative idea?
      6. Give an example of a project that had a change in scope and how did you handle it?
      7. Give an example of when a project failed?
      8. How did you vent your ideas and convince leadership?
      9. Name a new metric you discovered?
      10. Walk me through your background?
      11. Give an example when you didn't agree with your manager?
      12. What are the KPIs for your company?
      13. How would someone who has worked with you describe you?
      14. What was your proudest moment in your career? What part did you play in making that happen?
      15. What was a revolutionary idea that you implemented?
      16. If you didn't have goals or KPIs for your example, in hingsight what would you measure and why?
      17. If you were changing the AmazonFresh experience what are some are your ideas and how would you measure them?
      18. What metrics do you use to drive change?
      19. When was a time that you take ownership outside of your role?
      20. What is an area that is an opportunity for you to improve upon?
      21. Tell me about a feature or customer experience that had multiple CX issues?
      22. Tell me about a time you disagreed with your manager - I got this question 3 times
      23. Tell me when you made a judgment call since you didn't have any data (make sure you have 3 examples ready)   2 Answers

Senior Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly, i was first contacted on linkedin and they flew me to interview with them. Everything was very smooth and everyone was very nice. Interview questions were simple but they were definitely looking for STAR answers.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Started with an online logic and debugging assessment, followed by an online coding challenge and mock behavioral interview. The last step was 3 ,45 minute interviews onsite at one of their Seattle offices.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite data structure and algorithm and why?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Interview

I completed an online debugging/multiple choice test. Then I did the coding challenge, which consisted of two problems. Finally, I had a final interview with a software engineer. Still waiting to hear back.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

The rounds with HR were great. My one call with a senior employee in Seattle was less than great. We barely spoke at all about the role specifics, it was more about Amazon's many businesses and my theoretical strategies.

Interview Questions

• Amazon Now delivers within 2 hours of ordering. It's only in Seattle, if we were to expand, how would you choose the next city?   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

OA1 and OA2 were pretty easy. I suggest do Leetcode medium level questions and you would be easily able to clear this level. I then received an invite for a 30 minute video interview. This round was focused on OA2. Mainly verifying if you only did the questions by yourself or you cheated. Though my preparation was good, I did not remember all the events that happened during OA2. Since I am actively looking for job and write so many coding tests and also regularly do Leetcode, I don't remember how much time each question took or were there compilation errors etc. The interviewer asked these questions. Made it feel more like an interrogation. Even though all my answers related to the OA2 questions like my approach, improvement and complexity were prompt and correct, I did not mention the time I took to do each question correctly. On the basis of this, they decided to judge my interview. I have not heard back from them yet but m expecting a reject since it has been more than a week's time.

Interview Questions

• Questions where they interrogated me like they doubted if I actually gave the OA2 myself or someone else did it for me. It was humiliating.   2 Answers

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

HR sent me an Email explaining the interview process which is based on the STAR method. The interview with the hiring manager had no thing to do with what the HR described in their Email. Looks like both parties are in 2 different islands without bridge of communication.

Interview Questions

• Questions about degrees: when? where?
      Questions multiple choice quiz like I am back to school. No thing about the STAR method or what the HR explained in their Email. One thing the manager forgot to ask about my grades when I was at high school :-). Disappointed by the process from a company called Amazon. One thing for sure: I learned that this is not the type of manager I can work with.   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon in September 2017.

Interview

First round, online assessment test. Second round, they invite you to go to an onsite interview. Basic behavioral question (two rounds of 45 minutes each) and a case study question.

Interview Questions

• What are the biggest obstacles you have faced in your life?   1 Answer