Amazon Associate Vendor Manager/Brand Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Associate Vendor Manager/Brand Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

1 Interview Review

Associate Vendor Manager/Brand Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

I was referred internally to this opening and was contacted by the recruiter a few weeks afterwards. I completed 2 phone interviews for the AVM position and was then asked whether or not I wanted to also be considered for a Brand Specialist role too. I then completed 1 informational interview with a different recruiter and 1 phone interview for the Brand Specialist position. Unfortunately, I did not make it through to the final round for the on-site interview, but overall was very pleased with the interview experience. Everyone I emailed and spoke with on the phone was friendly and attentive, asked good follow up questions, and was very responsive. Their hiring process is clearly defined and they know exactly what they are looking for.

The recruiter told me that the 2 most important skills that typically rule candidates out are - 1. Analytics and being in tune with data. 2. Communication style and being able to dig deep into the details of a specific topic.

As many of these reviews already note, always be sure to focus on their leadership principles and have examples from work, school projects, etc. that relate back to the specific principle. Also make sure you're able to dig deep and explain the situation in detail as you will be asked many follow up questions. Besides the competency/leadership principle questions, you will be asked "case study" questions that will allow the interviewer to assess how you think, problem solve, and communicate. Again - be sure to explain in detail and back it up with past experience.

Interview Questions

• One of your vendors typically sells you a widget for $100, but is offering a discount of $80/widget when you buy 500 all at once. Would you accept the deal and what would be the process behind your decision?   1 Answer