Amazon Marketing Manager - Content Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.7

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Content Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

My resume was submitted to HR through an employee referral. HR exec did a 30 min phone screen (general questions) followed by a 45 min hiring manager phone interview. Both people were really pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you misunderstood what a customer wanted.
    Probe: was there any time that the customer hinted to what they really wanted. how could you have served them better
    In general asked a lot of failure, negative experience questions   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Marketing Manager - Content Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in December 2012.

Interview

Internal recruiter contacted via email. Following initial interview by internal recruiter, was recommended for phone interview with hiring manager. Company sent a list of tips for successful phone interviewing, a list of exercises to prepare for phone interview, and a list of Amazon.com "Leadership Principles". The exercises match your qualificaitons to each job requirement. The process gives you every opportunity to shine in the phone screen.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to solve a particularly difficult problem. What was the situation, how did you handle it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Content Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2012.

Interview

I had a full day of interviews - 5 of the 6 went well. The 6th was done by a guy with a laptop who said he was "taking notes" and he was not in HR nor on the team. He fired off question after question that I was not prepared for (my fault). Questions he asked:
    Tell me about a time you disagreed with your boss. What was the outcome?
    Tell me about a time you went above and beyond.
    Tell me about a time you made a mistake.

I thought this job was below me, but I left thinking "wow that sucked" and feeling embarassed that I was unprepared.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle the disagreement with your boss over <insert difficult situation you just revealed>   Answer Question