Amazon Senior Financial Analyst - Fulfillment Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Senior Financial Analyst - Fulfillment Center Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

1 Interview Review

Senior Financial Analyst - Fulfillment Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Evansville, IN) in June 2013.

Interview

Submitted initial application online via their application process. Was called about setting up a phone interview a couple of weeks later. Around three weeks later had a phone interview with one of the fulfillment center site controllers. I didn't think the phone interview went well, but was told they want me for another phone interview with the next fulfillment center site controller. This one went much better so they set me up for an onsite interview in Kentucky. They paid for the flight, hotel and rental car without me needing to pay for any of that. All I paid for was parking at the airport, and food. Even though one of their leadership principles is frugality, go ahead and get yourself some nice meals that are within the parameters of their reimbursement policy. Don't go cheap thinking you'll have some better chance at landing that job.

As everyone else states, the interview process is 4 or 5 back to back interviews with 4 or 5 site controllers and maybe one of the bigger bosses. Nothing is really too difficult, BUT if you do not have responses for "tell me a time when" questions, then I would recommend not even bothering applying to the position. In other words if your background is not robust and you do not have managerial experience where you have had the chance to disagree in a meeting or do specific things that mostly manager level associates at other companies would do, then your chances at getting this job are slim to none. They are not looking to hire "pure" financial analysts, they are looking to hire former managers for these positions. I don't think they realize this point themselves. Otherwise they could follow their own leadership principles and save some money on the expenses of flying you in for an interview. Be honest with yourself, you either have managerial experience or you do not. If you do not then chances are this is not a position you will be hired for. If you want a free trip and a good interview experience then go for it.

I found some of my interviewers to be smug, arrogant and condescending, while some others were decent people. They will reimburse you VERY QUICKLY for all of your travel expenses, just make sure they don't put you onto a flight that is unreasonably late at night after the last interview.

Oh and I saw one of the site controllers I interviewed with at the airport after the interview, he couldn't even muster a wave or a "hello".

GOOD LUCK!

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected, I just did not have answers to all of their "tell me a time when" questions, because in some instances there was no "time when" I am a career financial analyst, I do not have managerial experience. If I had a managerial background I would be writing a review about how well I did and how I got a job offer. Be honest with yourself, they miss a lot in the phone screenings.   2 Answers