Amazon Staffing/Recruiting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Staffing/Recruiting

Amazon Staffing/Recruiting Interview Questions

Staffing/Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2011.

Interview

Talk about a draining process! I first had two interviews by phone- both with lovely recruiters who were kind and answered all of my questions. They replied with interview confirmations and details very quickly. I was really excited to meet with the team for my in person interviews. The first interview was two people, and I felt is went great. Very behavioral type questions. The second was mainly asking about my salary requirements and availability, again-great. The THIRD interviewer was extremely rude, and was actually in my face yelling. He interrupted me immediately after he asked me a question. He was NOT friendly, and not professional. At the end of the conversation he said, "You have two minutes to ask me a question- go." After being torn down by this man (who, btw- I have heard from several other professionals in the industry that they have never heard of ANY one having a positive interview experience with him) I felt like a failure. The last two interviews were fine, but I already felt like this man was going to give me terrible feedback (he was a a director!) My final interview was lunch, which was nice, but the recruiter was so eager to eat and get the bill that she seemed to continually mention that she needed to get back to work, and repeatedly asked, "where is our waitress??" After talking to my third interviewer, I decided that even if Amazon were to offer me the position, I would decline because of his outrageous behavior. I have interviewed thousands of candidates over the years and cannot ever remember even getting remotely close to YELLING at them. In addition, the culture was not a match for me. Amazon boasts about high salaries and compensation, but to tell you the truth, they couldnt PAY me enough to interview with them again- let alone work there!

Interview Questions