Amazon BI Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon BI Engineer Interview Questions

3.5

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

BI Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for Data engineer position. Got through and call for in person interview. Before 2 days of interview, i got to know that position is changed and now it is BI engineer. I reached before time and got a mail that interview will be delayed by 45 min. 3 times it got reschedule because of unknown reason.
    I do not know what they are looking for but questions were totally itrelevant of my technology and area.
    Wasted entire day.

I was pretty disaappoint the way it was planned and taking interview. No one show courtesy to make me comfortable even. All were coming with my profile but no one was opening a single page and just wanted to ask like typical marketing strategy questions.

Well... this company is not for me atleast.

Interview Questions

• not even single technical question in all round even though engineering position. i do not know what they want to know but atleast no one was able to frame their question clearly. they want to play around Amazon leadership questions.   1 Answer

BI Engineer Interview

Interview

Internal referred by an ex-colleague. Got an email from the recruiter to arrange phone screening for about 30 minutes. During the phone interview, there is no behavior/information questions asked. Only technical questions from the beginning to the end. Then got an message saying that I was not getting the job.

AWS BI Engineer, Bay Area Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon in August 2013.

Interview

Got call from hiring Manager directly (There was no HR involoved). I had applied on Linkedin (the job was posted by the hiring manager). He scheduled two 45mins phone interview the next day.

Interview Questions

• SQL questions were moderate. General reporting sqls. Both of them asked me programming questions involving arrays. I answered all pretty well.
      There was a data modelling question which i had problem understanding. He gave me few co-ordinates and asked me how to represent them in a database / data model.   1 Answer