Amazon Business Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Business Development Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

3.4

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

There were 2 phone screens with different people who are in the team you're interviewing for, then an in-person with numerous people who focus a lot on the company's leadership principles. The in-person involves mostly people on the team along with at least one who isn't for a different perspective.

Interview Questions

• How did you decide to join your previous company?   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Interview

Fairly unorganized and chaotic.Multiple phone screens, followed by a time consuming writing assignment, and then multiple on-site interviews. Very poor communication and follow-up from recruiting team (primarily staffed by inexperienced people). After the on-site interviews, I sent multiple emails to the recruiter and the manager that went unanswered. Additionally, called multiple times and left voice mails for the recruiter and manager that went unanswered. Even had an email exchange with the recruiter to schedule a phone call time that they never followed up on to schedule a specific time. Overall, a terrible experience. I would not consider Amazon again and would advise others to proceed with extreme caution. After my experience, you start to understand how the culture there leads to situations and employee experiences that were detailed in the Wall Street Journal article that exposed a lot of negative employee experiences at Amazon.

Manager, Strategic Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a full day. There were 6 one hour, one on one interviews and a lunch. One interview was by video conference and that ended up as a 2 on 1. That particular interview was by the "bar raiser" and was being used as a training exercise for the other attendee.

The interviewers took on the fly notes into their laptops. It was a little bit distracting as a good part of their attention was to recording what ever I was saying. Very focused on data, results, numbers, facts. Typical behavioral interview with a diminished level of conversation.

All you need to know is the leadership principles and have well rehearsed answers in the STAR format.

There was also a written response to a question submitted ahead of time. "what was your most inventive moment?" 1000 words or less

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to make a decision with very little time for analysis?   3 Answers

Head of Strategic Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Contacted by an HR manager via email after applying online 3 days before to arrange a phone screening. Phone screen was 7 days later, one hour long. Interviewer was not in the hiring group. Interview consisted of the standard behavioral questions Amazon trains managers to ask. Contacted 5 days later by the HR manager to inform that they would not proceed. No feedback.

Interview Questions

• Q: What was your greatest success? Q: What was your greatest failure? Q: Tell me about a time you had an someone under performing.   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Took too long for recruiter to get back. Setup a time to talk over the phone. Interview went fine. Was told my recruiter he will get back to me with dates for an interview with the hiring manager/s. That did not happen after a 2 month wait. No response to multiple emails and messages.

Interview Questions

• Narrate a situation wherein you had a conflict with your boss   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Signed up for an interview slot. Standard interview process. The interviewer asked about my past experiences and went through my resume. She asked a couple of questions to gauge my thought process such as "How would you resolve a seller issue?" The questions weren't too hard but she didn't really allow me to answer them very well. I don't know if she was in a rush or just having a bad day, but she was somewhat rude and kind of made me feel I felt like I was a bit of a waste of time for her.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interviewer asked me to guide through my Resume, asked some questions about my background and then let me ask questions of my own. couldn't judge how excited she was.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

The process was straight forward. A prelim phone screen followed by what was supposed to be a tech screen. I put forth a ton of effort into preparing for the tech screen per the interviewer's own request. However, the interview ended up not having any technical questions, only incredibly deep industry specific questions. This was totally fair, however I was totally unprepared and did not do well.

Senior Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

was briefly screened through a phone call and email, but hiring staff seemed disjointed
    received an email saying that their would not be an in person interview after I had an in person interview

Interview Questions

• discuss methodologies for identify new customers
      discuss tool set experience
      discuss vertical experience
      Provided written presentation
      Answer Question

Senior Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

Two formal phone interviews, and several emails to the HR team responsible for managing the hiring process. Then 'the loop'. Questions focussed on direct past experience, and it helped to be prepared with pre-prepared answers with supporting examples.

The Leadership principles are extremely important to the interviewers, and recommend having examples for how you comply with each principle.

Interview Questions

• Provide examples of targets you are held accountable against.   1 Answer