Amazon HR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2017

3.3

226 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly, i was first contacted on linkedin and they flew me to interview with them. Everything was very smooth and everyone was very nice. Interview questions were simple but they were definitely looking for STAR answers.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

2 pre-screening interviews then onsite with 6 different interviewers. Do your research and come up with several examples for the Leadership Principles so you aren't repeating your answers. Interviewers will be assigned 2 or more of the principles and ask several questions with each principle in mind - this is why you need to have lots of examples that support the concept. Use data to support your answer, if you don't have data you won't succeed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you thought you were right but ultimately lost the argument?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Able to negotiate sign on and base

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon (San Bernardino, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Well they send me a email interview which they ask me several questions. Than they set up a phone interview which can take from 30-45 mins that you will set it up with them of your availability. They do want questions to be in star method.

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (New Brunswick, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

you will be having two interviews with two different recruiters. They are back to back interviews and one of them is case study based questions & the other one is a behavioral type of interview.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you faced a difficult situation. What did you do and what were the results of your actions?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn about the opportunity. I applied and responded to the recruiter thanking them for the opportunity and mentioning that I did apply. In about 2 weeks I received an email regarding interview details. I filled out a short survey regarding interview dates etc that worked best for my schedule. They paid for all the expenses for me to travel for the interview, and reimbursed you for any additional expenses such as food and gas. They also give you so many tools to prepare for the interview., if you get invited to a webinar use it. You should know the leadership principles and be prepared to answer in star method. The interview itself started with a group meeting, then you interview with two upper managers. Each interview is 50 mins, the first 20-30 are your behavioral questions and the case study. The rest of the time you should use to ask as many questions as possible about the position, insightful and meaningful questions that show interest, while also relating it back to what you’ve done/what you could do. Overall the interview experience was amazing, and my interviewers were light hearted and easy to talk to. It took exactly 5 days to receive the offer. The questions are behavioral based and targeted towards their leadership principles. Due to NDA I won’t be giving the questions I had specifically, but I would recommend going in with 8-10 stories in your head that relate back to the leadership principles. PSA: it’s ok if your stories aren’t all success ones, you should include a time where something went wrong and then explain what you did to fix it. Go in happy knowing they chose you to interview, and be happy they are checking to see if you fit behaviorally into amazons culture. Stay positive and be confident!

Human Resources Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was Standard for Amazon practice. Started with couple phone screens, recruiters were very involved, then invited on site for the "interview loop". Main focus on Amazon's Leadership Principles. Recruiters were on time and provided great communication throughout the process

Interview Questions

• Unable to provide that information   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Multiple, multiple interviews, expectation of work before even your first conversation, and aren't really interested in sharing info with you about the job or why you should want to work there. Ask a huge investment of your time, more than is reasonable. No one I talked with seemed to understand that other companies might do things differently than Amazon. Interviews were combative.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to support an unpopular decision   Answer Question

HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

The first several interviews are phone interviews. The recruiter asked good questions, one of them not surprisingly, was what I knew about Amazon. Another was a request to tell him something I am proud of in my professional experience. The entire process was handled professionally, and I was given timely feedback regarding the interview process, which was nice as I was not left hanging for long periods of time.

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Windsor, CT) in August 2017.

Interview

Recruiter from Seattle office reaches out initially, schedules phone interview with HR management at the site you're applying for. After phone interview, on-site interview is scheduled. On-site is roughly 2 hours: Includes site tour, interview with Sr. Operations Manager and an HR Business Partner. Notified of decision within a week thereafter.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had multiple high-priority projects with deadlines close to one another and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Human Resources ANALYTICS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

HR screen followed by 2 telephonic interviews with different members of the team. I didn't understand the need for the second interview though. I was expecting technical questions and I was asked the same behavioral questions asked in the first interview.

Interview Questions

• Emphasis on the core values of the organization, leadership, risk taking etc.
      Learning from my work/ projects an I had two such interviews   Answer Question