Amazon Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Internship Interview Questions

Updated Oct 21, 2017

92 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

The interview process was extremely efficient. The recruiter was super friendly and made us all feel comfortable. There was a coding test that was conducted in our University where people were shortlisted based on their resume. The coding test was not too difficult. Anybody with a basic understanding of data structures and algorithms will be able to crack it. Overall very satisfied.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Initial rounds consisted of simple testing and aptitude questions, next was coding round with 3 questions. The questions were easy and were based on simple Data structures and algorithms

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in October 2017.

Interview

On campus 3 hour assessment that consisted of a coding, logic, and debugging portion. I then had a 45 minute phone call with an engineer. The last interview was over collabedit and consisted of two coding questions. They were easier than the on-campus coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Signed an NDA, but make sure you know your time/space complexities   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Interviewer asked me about my experience (12min), an easy data structure concept(5min), an easy data structure implementation question(20min). And then we spent 10 min to talk about company and let me ask him questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in September 2017.

Interview

It went great! There was a behavioral interview and two technical screens. I do not want to disclose anything else about this interview. I do not want to disclose anything else about this interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked behavioral questions, i.e. what was the most difficult challenge that you faced etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon in August 2017.

Interview

Amazon recruiters came to my college campus for a career fair, which is where I spoke to them first. I was invited to a phone interview a few days later. The interview was mostly behavioural with some basic questions about programming. The interview concluded with the recruiter saying they mostly hire juniors, and I was later rejected.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

30 "logic" questions then 1 week later was given one easy and one medium question in a 1 hour coding challenge then 1 week later phone interview. Standard question but since it was my first interview ever, and the fire alarm went off for 20 min and my connection quit for 10 min so not too great of an experience...although pretty funny in retrospect

Interview Questions

• Return the k smallest integers in an unsorted list. Assume complete size of list is greater than memory can hold (basically can't just sort list and return first k ints)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

2 hour long online coding tests, 2 hour long calls.

The first coding challenge consisted of rounds of about 70 questions similar to an IQ test, followed by 7 super short "find the bug, change 1 line" style questions. Super basic, don't be hindered if you don't understand the IQ test questions, they seem to be a super low level gauge of problem solving.

The second coding challenge consisted of about 30 general personality questions, and 2 longer coding problems. About 20 minutes per problem to get a good solution. I had errors in mine and still got the phone screen.

I received 1 phone interview, started with about 15 minutes of general personality and work experience questions, as well as basic data structures. Literally define data structures, differences between them, and implementations ( ex: which data structure would you use to implement depth-first search?). Maybe 1 graph question was included, but did not go much deeper than that.

The basic questions were followed by 1 programming question, where you talk over the solution with the interviewer then write up the solution in a collaborative text editor. The last couple of minutes you ask the interviewer questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• Difference between depth-first and breadth-first search   Answer Question
    • Given a string in which only 1 character occurs an odd number of times, find that character.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon in June 2017.

Interview

The process itself is a little impersonal, but it makes sense since Amazon is such a big company. I first received a coding exam which contained some debugging and logic questions. After passing that round I received a coding exam with two coding questions (must code in C/C++/Java) Brush up on your data structures before taking this one. Finally, I had a phone interview where am engineer asked me some behavioral questions before doing a technical problem.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Applied online, didn't hear back for a while until I met a recruiter at a career fair who passed along my information. First screen was a coding challenge that had a mix of programming questions and logical questions. Then heard back in 1-2 weeks about setting up a phone interview, and I believe that round also went all right. Wasn't insanely hard, but wasn't super easy either, since I only got through one question during the 45 minute phone call.

Interview Questions

• Something about designing a data structure that would keep track of maximum values   Answer Question