Amazon Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Internship Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

3.1

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Applied through referral and it took about two months to receive the online assessments. The assessments were easy and then scheduled for a phone screen. The scheduling took two weeks but the results of the interview came back within a week.

Interview Questions

• Straight to the coding problem. It was a very easy one. I gave the optimal answer but the interviewer didn't seem satisfied. No sure what he wants. He might want something with worse time complexity.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Champaign, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

2 rounds of online assessment and a final phone interview.
    1st round was extremely easy, almost like an IQ test, basically to weed out non coding applicants.
    2nd round was slightly harder with questions like rotate a matrix 90 degrees, and reverse the second half of a linked list.
    The final phone interview consists of one coding question in 45 minutes.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

The first round was onsite. The interview was for 2.5 hours on our own computers.
    2 sections
    -one was logical reasoning with 30 questions. Also a few code debugging questions
    - second was the coding section which had 2 programs

Interview Questions

• - Given a linked list, go to the middle and reverse the second half of the list
      - Rotate the matrix 90 degrees
      6 Answers

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2017.

Interview

1st round: Aptitude test
    2nd round: Coding test (1. Checking if a linked list is palindrome or not. 2. If a path of a tree has a specific sum)
    3rd round: Telephonic interview (Screen Sharing)

Application

Interview

I applied through on campus process. I submitted my resume' , after about 3 months when I thought I failed, I received a phone call from Amazon's recruiter to schedule first round interview. The first round interview had 2 back to back 30-minutes interviews. I heard about the result few days afterward for the final round. The final round was another back-to-back 45-minutes interviews. This went well. And about 1 week later I heard about the offer

Interview Questions

• Why Amazon?
      How to gain trust from others?
      Tell a time when you handle conflict
      Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2016.

Interview

The first round there was two parts, one where you had to debug some code and one critical thinking section. The second round contained two basic coding questions and general questions about personality.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

Went through three interviews all about data structures. The first was an informal interview with mainly a lot of talking and discussion about myself and coding. The second was an online coding test, and the final was an in person coding test with oral and written questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you code a binary search tree?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon in June 2014.

Interview

coding is too much.
    and asked me to build objects by myself.
    there are too much pressure from 1 to 1 interview.
     I can not stand it.
    Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• what is the most debugging you have met   1 Answer

User Experience Design Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Got a phone interview two weeks after I applied; then a week later I had two phone interviews back to back.

Software Developer Engineer (Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied early December, got called in March for two back-to-back 45 min phone interviews. All technical, no behavioural questions. First interviewer was nice and tested on tree algorithms. Second interview asked a permutations question. He felt impatient and kept swaying me off in the wrong path.