Amazon Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017

3.4

319 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY).

Interview

Basic target selection questions, STAR. Called for interview at FC. Interview lasted roughly 40 minutes. Well organized and flowed great. Asked about a process change I helped implement and the simple math question of 38 hourly with 2 indirect employees. Added how many people would be needed if one wanted 10000 more units.

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

I thought that the interview process was fair. There were a lot of different parts to the interview, such as multiple online simulations and interviews. It was all easy to understand though!

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions were asked   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Phone screening: Did not have math flow questions or any other standard questions? Was told I was a great fit for the team and I would receive an email on information to set up my face to face interview with-in 24-48 hours. But nothing heard!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   2 Answers
    • Tell me what you do in your off time and about your family   2 Answers
    • How would I deal with a Area Manager that's older and more experienced and not responding to my request?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

I got called by a recruiter and I was not even looking. I think they found me on Linked-In. The whole process seemed very one sided as there was very little information given as to where the open positions were ahead of time. To learn a little more about it, I decided to work towards getting the phone interview by completing all their required items online. The phone interview and interviewer seemed to be in a rush and did not seem interested in listening. They seemed to be just "going through the motions" of the process. I felt my final questions were not answered., specifically around job locations. There also seemed to be a major arrogance about themselves. As a 20 plus year professional in the Continuous Improvement field, and with my credentials as a certified Black Belt, they ended up sending me a decline E-mail stating that I needed to work on building my experience. I found this to be laughable as I know my experience and skill sets in manufacturing, management, and retail far exceeded the Sr. Ops Leader who was interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• Simple math question regarding units produces with 20 directs and 2 indirects working a 40 hour week. Indirects had two 15 minute breaks and produced at a rate of 150 amazon boxes a day.   2 Answers

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Pretty comprehensive. Constitutes computational as well as behavioral questions. Takes 4-5 hours. They give you a site your as well. There will be a group of candidates interviewing the same day.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon (Joliet, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by HR. They saw my resume on LinkdIn. Wanted to set me up with an initial phone screen. Also had me fill out a job sheet that listed several criteria to see if I was a good fit. Phone screen lasted about 25 minutes. A few standard STAR questions (tell me about a time when...) as well as math flow problem to work out.

Heard from them the next day that I successfully passed the phone screen. They then set me up for an interview at one of their Fulfillment Centers in my area. They send you a packet of stuff to help you prepare beforehand. It does help. Review their leadership principles. Tailor your responses around them. They want to see if you fit with their style and culture. The interview session was comprised of 4 separate 30-40 minute interviews. Those were fairly straight-forward. Each one asked 2-3 STAR questions based on 1-2 particular leadership principles. They also have you work through a more in-depth math-flow problem. For those of us who haven't had math in about 20 years, it was a little intimidating. But it's standard stuff. You get 15 minutes to do it. But then when they review it with you 1 on 1, they expect you to explain your reasoning for how you got your answers. Also, when you answer the STAR questions, they will take notes on their laptop while you answer because they will then probe you on your answers. The sessions are all very relaxed, yet they are very thorough. Also got a 40-minute tour of the FC to see how it all works. Pretty impressive.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed. What was it and what did you learn from it?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time when you were presented with a problem and the way forward was not obvious at the time. How did you approach it?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon in May 2017.

Interview

Long and strange. I interviewed with 3 other candidates. One was 30 mins late, one brought his phone on the tour because it kept going off even though phones were prohibited. Started with a tour of a fulfilment center but not the one I was interviewing for. I got done with the math test portion within 5 mins. The other candidates took the full 15 but they also got the wrong answers because I sat there and watched them struggle. The answers were gone over during one of 4 35 minute interviews. They asked the typical interview questions and nothing surprised me. Would not work for them. Seems like they want people who are dumb enough to work lots of hours for little money and not complain. They promote things that don't matter like a casual dress code and free pizza during the busy season. Seems inconsequential when you're in a warehouse 13 hours a day. No vetting process on the entry level employees, they do large training classes and pray for low attrition rates.

Interview Questions

• They asked me for 5 failures in my career.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Reno, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

There were six potential candidates that were there to interview for one position. Each candidate had a minimum of 4 interviews. Each interview lasted about 45 minutes. After each interview session, each interviewer gave you an opportunity to ask question

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time when you had to work with a team member that was under-producing? What did you do to get that team member to produce?   2 Answers

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

6 month process overall. Fun all the way. They fly you wherever the hiring is and they pay. Very nice experience overall and a lot of experience. I think they are only looking for people that are very blue collar. Most Operations Managers have degrees in blue collar services.

Interview Questions

• Open ended (they want you to be long winded) questions?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Robbinsville, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Robbinsville, NJ).

Interview

Phone screen with basic questions focusing on leadership, if passed than a POD interview where you interview with 4 to 6 people in one day where they each focus on a leadership principle and want you to answer based on that. After that is offer

Interview Questions

• Difficult math question that you can work thru if you work backwards!   4 Answers