Amazon Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2017

3.5

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Terrible experience - my emails and phone calls were left unanswered and was eventually ghosted after being given a verbal offer. Ended up giving up due to frustration with the recruiter

Interview Questions

Never ended up getting anything in writing

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2017.

Interview

Two rounds of video interviews, 30 min. each in one day. The first interviewer asked me behavioral questions and the second interviewer asked me both behavioral and case questions. Questions were sometimes difficult as they asked more details in one question. Case was short but was about supply chain at which I was not good.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to take a new project or an existing one?
      What was your biggest challenge?
      What was your biggest achievements?
      How did you lead the team?
      How did you motivate the team?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Despite being a referral the process was really slow and stretched out over 6 weeks. They took time to schedule my final rounds and the recruiter was very un co-operative.

Interview Questions

• For any PM interview, they focus on leadership principles and some cases that are specific to the team that is interviewing you. I can understand their focus on leadership principles, but 5 people asking you examples of same situation is not the most efficient way to test a candidate. There are only so many examples of a specific situation that you can relate to from your past experience. What I dislike about their interview process is the way interviewers force you to come up with more stories for the same leadership principle. I expressed my concern with this and I guess this is why they didnt move forward.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online mid February for role, heard back two weeks later from recruiting coordinator via email with a request for a first round interview. Talked with the manager of the open position in an hour long phone call, heard back at the end I was moving to the second round of phone screens. Scheduled that two weeks out, conducted the second hour long screen. Didn't hear for a week, emailed the coordinator, she was on vacation and said I'd hear back to schedule an onsite interview. Had 6 rounds of interviews onsite. Very quick rounds 45 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• All very behavioral based questions - prepare by going over every project, risk or decision you've made in the last three positions you've had.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied for an internship in the Amazon PMT program. 1st round was 2 interviews back to back - 30 minutes each. The second round has the same format, but with the interview length extended to 45 minutes each. The interviewers were product managers. The 'bar raiser' could be identified easily as they try to know exactly what you did ,why you did it and how you did it.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is your biggest accomplishment?
      2. When was the last time you created a metric and implemented it?
      3. A time when you dealt with ambiguity?
      4. What will you do if your engineering team tells you the product will not be ready on time for launch?
      5. What do you think is Amazon's challenge right now?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Structural-Behavior Interviews (2 phone interviews) + 6 interviews back to back on site, including a lunch. Lots of interview calls/discussions with hiring managers prior to choosing a role that was interesting.

Interview Questions

• What was your riskiest step or experience?   1 Answer

Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (South Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

A couple of years ago I send my resume in Amazon for product manager position. There were no following feedback from them. In 2017 though recruiter reached me out by email and said that my profile was selected to be considered for the invitation only hiring event that Amazon was hosting in Europe.
    Recruiter provided me with brief description of the role and the teams I would join.
    I was asked to send an updated CV. After reviewing my CV, they share a link to the assessment form which I had to complete in a week.
    You have only 2 hr, and there's a timer visible running in the background. You have to finish the task in time.
    After two weeks they contacted me again and said that they won't move forward for the event. Meanwhile, they suggested to search another job for the best match to your background and reply to the recruiter with a six digit job code for my top pick.

Interview Questions

• System design question. Design a system that will be help product managers as the power users to automate incremental improvement to the delivery shipment software.   2 Answers

Senior Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (College Park, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

2 rounds. Each round 2 interview. 1st round - 2 interviews 30mins each. 2nd round - 2 interviews 45 mins each.
    Behavioral questions asked. 1 case question about What would be a feature that you'd like to add in Amazon.

Interview Questions

• What would be a feature that you'd like to add in Amazon? Tell me about a time you failed, accomplishment, used data to make a decision, went above and beyond the role you worked in.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Human Resources scheduled a time with me. Manager called me on the phone. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. I had a second interview with another manager. Most of the questions were related to product development and customer experience.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Received an email to set up a video chat. Had an initial interview via video chat, 30 minutes with two employees, and was extended a final interview as well, 45 minutes with 2 different employees. Interviews were a mixture of case and behavioral questions- the same for initial and final interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why Amazon?
      Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a boss. What did you do?
      Answer Question