Amazon Retail General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Retail General Manager Interview Questions

3.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

It was through on-campus recruiting. Applied through school's career website. There were two phone interviews followed by an onsite interview. Each phone interview lasted 45 minutes or so. For an on-site interview, there were 5 interviewers, all on the same day. After the interview, the decision was made farily quickly - 3-4 business days. I think the normal interview process (vs. campus recrutiing) would take longer, though. After an offer was extended, they inviteds us back to their campus to sell.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you exceeded the expectation of your customers.   Answer Question

Retail General Manager Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in March 2011.

Interview

I had two sets of phone interviews. Each set of interviews had 2, 45-minute calls with mid-level managers. The questions consisted of mostly case questions, with some behavioral questions (mostly about times I have used data to solve a problem).

After my first interview, it took them about 6 weeks to get back to me to schedule the next round of interviews. I followed up with my recruiter every two weeks to see if I had an update on my status.

My advice on case question prep… worry more about understanding what frameworks you use to answer specific types of questions, as opposed to planning out for specific questions. Other people may have had a different experience, but I did not get any questions I planned for. I think they purposefully retire questions quickly, so people can’t prepare for them specifically.

Interview Questions

• Market Sizing - how many customers in the US shopped on Amazon.com in the past year?   Answer Question
    • Business Model:

1) Launch (how would you launch a grocery business at Amazon?)

2) Growth (what’s the best business model for streaming video?)

3) Pricing (what is the optimal price for the new Twilight book?)   1 Answer
    • Metrics/Measurement - what is the best metrics to measure performance in DVDs?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't have one