Amazon Senior Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.5

94 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sr Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shepherdsville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon (Shepherdsville, KY).

Interview

1. Initial Phone Screening: more about the company and the HR manager's background, less about you
    2. Phone Interview - good dry-run for the on-site interview. Focus was on my resume.
    3. On-Site Interview at FC: 4 hours (site tour + 4 back-to-back interviews)

Interview Questions

• -What is your greatest innovation?
      -Describe a time you solved a complex problem
      -How have you used data in order to solve problems?   2 Answers

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I got the interview from career fair, there was a huge team from Amazon in the fair and different people comes from different departments.
    I got scheduled right after the fair and interviewed next day. It was a different person who interviewed me than the one who I talked to, and the job description is very different. I expected very coding heavy questions because someone who interviewed for the same position told me and that's the impression I got from the fair. But it was more of supply chain processing problems. The interviewer was nice and friendly but I was nervous and even a little upset because not only most of the preparation were useless and I looked ill-prepared. It might be more on the HR than the interviewer, so I have nothing bad to say about him.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle potentially under-performing predictive models?   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

A recruiter reached out and conducted an initial screening. Phone call with hiring manager was setup for the following week. The position did not align as well with my background.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you were innovative.   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was over the phone with a person from a finance department. In order to prepare for the interview I reviewed the comments on Glassdoor (three types of questions: behavioral, technical, company-specific), looked at the annual report, company news, read a book "One Click" and analysed the job description.
    The interviewer was asking questions for 20-25 minutes, I used remaining 20 minutes to ask about the job and the division.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a conflict at work. Tell me about your partnerships at your previous jobs. Tell me about a challenge and how you overcame it. Tell me about a process you improved. Tell me about a complex financial model you prepared.   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Amazon appears to pride itself on jumping you through lots of hoops and hand you off between a number of people. I've interviewed with around 15 people at this point and been told that I was a fit at every level. Multiple times I was told that the role had been filled internally while I was speaking with each new team. Multiple times I was asked if I'd be interested in a different role.
    I restated my salary requirements at every level and confirmed that they had my salary requirements stored in their records.
    After 4 months of being told they understand what I'm looking for and that I'm a fit for every role I've interviewed for (5 at last count) they told me they wanted me for a role but couldn't get anywhere near my salary requirements. No problem that you don't want to pay for quality employees. That's why you're working on robots. Cool. But why waste my time.
    Then they call me back and say "are you still interested in other positions". I say I am but my salary requirements are still the same and I don't want to waste their time and they explain that for my title there is no way for them to get anywhere close to my current salary. I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would waste their own time like this. I'm not entitled to this salary but I made it clear that I'm not interested in their job unless they can pay me for it. Where is the disconnect.

Interview Questions

• All the questions I was asked sounded like they were read off a screen of pre-approved questions. "Tell me about a time when you had to deliver on a tight deadline", "Tell me about a time when you had to change your direction based on your findings". Just the standard things that you hear in every interview. None of the ridiculous testing of skills that you hear about from amazon mythology.   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Contacted by a director on LinkedIn and asked to send my resume to the recruiter if I'm interested in working for Amazon. The recruiter responded a week later saying the hiring team is interested in interviewing me. From there, I had to answer a few questions to confirm our goals align and was quickly moved into the process to a coordinator scheduling my interview with a senior financial analyst. The call was scheduled in the same week, and I had a good conversation with the interviewer. I was asked to provide a lot of details on the experiences listed on my resume. At the end of the call, I was told I'd get a second phone interview with HR "most likely." Not exactly sure what that meant at the moment, but got a response the next day saying that they decided not to move forward with my candidacy. It was a good experience nonetheless. I believe my background was not up to par to their senior analysts whom most have MBAs, and I could have given stronger examples during the call.

Interview Questions

• If Amazon were to start a used book rental business, how would you price it?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2017.

Interview

Overall, the interview process was very well-mannered from start to finish. I was really impressed.

A recruiter reached out to me directly, and I had my first round phone interview with the hiring manager. Consisted of both situational questions and a case at the end. Not difficult but ensure you detail every angle in the case (specificity matters).

Was brought onsite for the final interview consisting of 6 people and a lunch. Had 2 case studies and then some more situational questions. Simialr to above, make sure you detail your thought process and assumptions.

The people were really nice, and the interview itself wasn't too difficult.

Interview Questions

• What was your proudest achievement?   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with a business partner that disagrees with you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Sent resume directly to recruiter for a specific job posting and was then quickly scheduled to phone interview for an unrelated job. Phone interview was full of behavioral questions and requests for specific examples of financial modeling work I've performed in the past. Was a fair interview, but was clear very early on that I wasn't a good fit for this position and vice versa.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when there was no consensus and you had to motivate your team to move forward.   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Phone interview was scheduled with one of the Finance leads of the team. It lasted nearly an hour with the most expected behavioral questions like describe a time when you didn't agree with your manager or dive deep into how did you manage a conflict, etc. Followed by a few financial questions like "take me through your standard financial model", and "how do you conduct sensitivity analysis".
    The interview went really well (or at least I thought it did), but I never heard back from them. I guess, it wasn't me they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• How do you build a sensitivity matrix in your model?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (San Bernardino, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

2 rounds phone interviews followed by an onsite at a fulfillment center. An Excel test was given to candidates to complete before the onsite. Onsite interview includes a 60 minute facility tour, and 5 separate 45 minute interview sessions with 5-6 people at Sr. Manager level. You will discuss the excel test with the interviewers at one of these sessions.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions, "tell me a time when...", nothing out of ordinary. Be sure to reflect the leadership principals when answering with your past experience   1 Answer