Amazon Software Engineer In Test Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 11, 2017

3.3

QAE/Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

From the recruiting team to the individual interviewers, the commitment to excellence was evident. There was a considerate and professional tone that made this interview experience (my first ever Amazon interview) stand out from others. They send a list of leadership principles along with the job description and other relevant materials before the onsite. It was my first time seeing the Amazon leadership principles, and the employees I met that day embodied those qualities. I was really glad to see a company that has been so successful while maintaining high standards in culture and work ethics. It seems they take it seriously. Even when the recruiter called to let me know I didn't get the position, there was the self-criticism present in anyone who strives for constant improvement. It was a positive and refreshing experience.

Interview Questions

• Write code that prints out the pair of integers from a list that add up to another integer.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Interview

First round is the debugging test. Very simple questions like adding missing parenthesis or increment the count. There are seven questions and there are about twenty minutes to solve those seven questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and got a mail from them in two weeks time. From the start, the recruiting team was poor in followups. They rescheduled twice and didn't inform me properly. Only after I repeatedly sent mail they gave me an answer. So here is the step by step process:
    1. Recruiter call - Asking about my background and experience
    2. Tech Interview - Few situation based questions and technical questions (be prepared to answer time and space complexity)
    3. Onsite Interview (4 interviews in one day) - interviewers were amazing! question difficulty ranged from medium to hard. Most questions were on graphs. My advice is to solve all problems from leetcode. Very enlightening experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I had applied online.I talked to the recruiter briefly about my experience.Had a phone screen.
    Permutations of String.
    How many time does hour and minute hand overlap.
    I didnt do well as I had not gone through these problems.

Interview Questions

• Permutations of String.
      How many time does hour and minute hand overlap.
      Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter reached out to me. After couple of weeks she arranged a phone interview. As this was a FW validation position for SSD drives, the phone interview was based on debugging NVMe bugs. Then I was asked for another technical phone interview where I was asked basic coding questions. First problem was on bit manipulation and second one was on designing binary search. After passing this round, I was flown to Seattle, WA for onsite interview. As I signed NDA, I can not say much about it. But the technical questions were very easy and shouldn't be hard for you if you are swift in coding. But almost everyone kept asking customer related questions. I am very surprised that I did not get any offer and I have no idea why as I aced all the technical questions. But if I were to take a blind guess its due to the customer related questions that may not have matched to the expectation of the company standard. But regardless of everything I had a very good interview experience. My recommendation would be, prepare a looooot, not for the coding maybe, but for the questions they will pose on your stands on the topic of customers.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview 1: NVMe debugging
      Phone Interview 2: Coding bit manipulation + binary search
      On site interview: I can not disclose, I signed NDA. But pretty easy coding questions.
      Answer Question

Software Development Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was smooth and a quick turn-around. 2 phone screen, then onsite interviews with 5 different people each session 45 min. 3 sessions focused on behavior type questions (e.g. asking any hard time with co-worker, and why, and what did you do what if situation? etc.) , 2 sessions with coding and algorithm analysis.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I had two Technical phone screening where good experience.After every one introduce him self,I was given a problem and after solving the problem they would ask to write test cases/Scenarios for it. then
    discuss those tests and the time complexity of the solution as Time and Space.

Interview Questions

• Design and Implement a music player that has the songs and band Names stored internally in this class using appropriate data structure .
        with the methods to play a song and find the top played song
      1 Answer

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Telephone interview- the interviewer was patient and helpful. I had a good interaction and he gave a very positive feedback saying will see you soon. But it turned out I got a rejection. Life is so unpredictable. So keep working hard and take each rejection as a motivation to improve and not loose hope and waste time. Make sure you keep your mind open when you do the interview , every hint is a clue where you can find what the interviewer line of thinking is. I played him well but God knows what played me out!!! Will break this later!!

Interview Questions

• Find from alist of numbers where each number is repeating even number of times except one. Find that number ?   7 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

Technical phone screen and then a day of full interview loop (4 interviews + lunch interview) from 9:30 am till 2 pm.
    The interviewers were very friendly, answered all my questions.
    Every interview required writing code on a whiteboard.
    To prepare for the interview, the candidate should review the Amazon leadership principles and prepare the personal anecdotes.
    They are asking a lot of situation-based questions. You need to provide specific examples of leadership in you career.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to find a substring in a string.
      Test your code, write the test cases.
      1 Answer

Software Development Engineer In Test I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The 1st round was 45 min. and went through background and technical questions. The second round was three 45 min technical interviews that just involved technical questions. I was not a big fan of how much they cared about syntax in the technical questions.