Amazon Software Engineer In Test I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Software Engineer In Test I Interview Questions

3.3

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I had applied online.I talked to the recruiter briefly about my experience.Had a phone screen.
    Permutations of String.
    How many time does hour and minute hand overlap.
    I didnt do well as I had not gone through these problems.

Interview Questions

• Permutations of String.
      How many time does hour and minute hand overlap.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The 1st round was 45 min. and went through background and technical questions. The second round was three 45 min technical interviews that just involved technical questions. I was not a big fan of how much they cared about syntax in the technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Initially, contacted by recruiter. Then directly called onsite. One on one technical interview with a developer and then some behavioral question with manager. The interview process was not as stressful or difficult as it sounded on glassdoor. Good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Convert a sorted binary array of int to balanced BST.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I was contracted from College Recruiting team. Asked me few personal details questions. Then after 2-3 days sent me online assessment test link. It consisted of 3 sections first section with technical then reasoning and at last coding round. It was easy round.. Process took about 1.5 hours.
    After 1 and half week later got another online assessment test link.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by recruiter within a couple days. Recruiter first called to explain the position more and see if I had any questions. After that I was scheduled for a phone interview a few days later. The interviewer started by asking me how I would test certain systems in the world followed by some coding questions and then asked how I would test them.

Interview Questions

• How would you test a subway system?   Answer Question
    • How would you test Gmail app?   Answer Question
    • Write a method that returns how many time a letter appears in a string. Followed by how would you test it.   Answer Question
    • Given a string and a letter, How many times does the letter appear. Followed by how would you test it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Greenwood, IN).

Interview

I made online application. First step was to online assessment test.There was two coding questions and 35 minutes aptitude test. It was not that bad. If you prepare well you can easily crack it.

Interview Questions

• Rotate a string in clockwise direction ?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I applied online. First round is a coding interview where I was asked to code several normal technical puzzles. Also, Amazon require you to have a web camera for some reason. I guess they just want to make sure it is you who is writing the code. After the first round, Amazon would ask you to go to Seattle if you pass through the first round.

Interview Questions

• there are a bunch of distinctive numbers with only one pair of duplicates. find the odd ones   Answer Question

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, 2 rounds of phone interview first

Interview Questions

• How do you test the functionality of weather.com which takes a coordinates anywhere on earth and gives you accurate current weather information. After I given my plan which is to use automation tool collecting weather information from public weather station and compare results. I was asked what if there's no web service, no phone service, not even radio and you can't load weather forecast information from the public weather stations. Nor you can use historical value to test since the results need to be very accurate.   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in July 2012.

Interview

I applied online to many of their job postings, got a call from HR after a month. They had an hiring event , so after HR screening, they called me directly for in-person interview. Interviews started on time. I had 4 technical , 1 behavioral and 1 HR round, each for around 40-45 mins. All the interviewers were very helpful. At no point I felt uncomfortable. When I got stuck, they provided hints to help me arrive at answer. Overall a good experience in interview, they confirmed selection on same day and I got offer letter within a week.

Interview Questions

• You are given a n*n matrix of bits (1s and 0s) where 1 represents land and 0 represents water. Adjacent 1s can be considered as joined together to form sort of island in water. Count the number of islands. Discuss complexity.   2 Answers
    • Consider a rectangular mesh (intersecting horizontal and vertical lines ). These lines represent intersecting roads. You are standing at top left intersection and you need to reach to a resort located at bottom right intersection. On your way, you can see interesting sights which are given points (weightage). You are lazy to walk (i.e. you wont walk left / up. You will only walk to right or down). While reaching resort , you want to cover maximum points (see things that have more weightage). Write a program to calculate maximum number of points that you can cover. He later asked me to improve solution by avoiding paths already visited.   1 Answer
    • Write an iterator for binary search tree.   Answer Question
    • You are given a long stream of characters. Write a program to find first non repeating character. Discuss complexity.   Answer Question
    • Design lift (elevator) system.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amazon in May 2016.

Interview

I received an email asking me to schedule a 45 minute phone interview. The interviewer called me and asked some basic questions about my current position and then we used CodePair on hacker rank to do the coding questions.

Interview Questions

• What type of tools do you use testing?
      What types of environments do you use for testing?

Coding:
      1) Write a function to reverse a linkedList.
      2) Implemented a linked LIst.
      Answer Question