Amazon Software Engineer Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Software Engineer Internship Interview Questions

Updated Nov 21, 2017

2.9

66 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Very easy. Just two coding challenges, a phone call, and got an offer. Pretty easy overall, the first coding challenge was really debugging and SAT style questions, so it could have been more informative.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

Took the SDE Intern Exam on campus, then had a final round phone interview. Relatively easy question but I hadn't prepared. 1 technical question, and a few behavioral / about your background. SDE Intern Exam was very easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time your team member didn't pull their weight, and what did you do?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

2 online assessment exams, first half is pretty easy, second half is 2 programming problems.
    Practice your Data Structures, and be very comfortable programming in Java or C++.
    You also only have about 80 min to complete both coding assignments.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

Two online assessments: first one was debugging and logic questions second one were 2 coding questions. If you're selected, then there is just a 45 minutes to one hour phone screen interview as the final round. Past that is either the offer or rejection email.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I was given an IQ test followed by 7 easy debugging problems. They were all easy, most of them are just changing one or adding brackets here and there. Than I got a coding assessment and then final phone interview. The phone interview went really well the engineer even said "Oh that's good, I like that" to one of my marginal optimizations. I thought I got it but I received my rejection about 2-3 weeks later.

The process is very time consuming, the recruiters were very difficult to reach and unprofessional, I am disappointed with Amazon.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon in November 2017.

Interview

Received an invitation to an initial online assessment consisting of some trivial code debugging problems and a logic test. Had two online coding questions following that that were also fairly easy. They were similar in difficulty to 'easy/medium' level questions on HackerRank. Went on to a final virtual interview with an engineer. The interview took place via Amazon Chime and was unpleasant. My interviewer had a thick accent and was in a public area with a lot of background noise for half the interview making it very difficult to understand what he was asking. He then asked me about whether or not I knew much about a certain topic and I told him I had no knowledge of it. He then asked me to build a system to support said topic. I managed to stumble my way through what I believed was an appropriate solution but he had to give me a lot of guidance. Overall the process felt impersonal and an unfair assessment of my ability.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I talked to someone at a conference and a week later got an email to send him his resume. Some months later I got a coding challenge to complete in a week. It was 20 minutes for like 7 easy debugging problems.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

The interview process was extremely efficient. The recruiter was super friendly and made us all feel comfortable. There was a coding test that was conducted in our University where people were shortlisted based on their resume. The coding test was not too difficult. Anybody with a basic understanding of data structures and algorithms will be able to crack it. Overall very satisfied.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Initial rounds consisted of simple testing and aptitude questions, next was coding round with 3 questions. The questions were easy and were based on simple Data structures and algorithms

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in October 2017.

Interview

On campus 3 hour assessment that consisted of a coding, logic, and debugging portion. I then had a 45 minute phone call with an engineer. The last interview was over collabedit and consisted of two coding questions. They were easier than the on-campus coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Signed an NDA, but make sure you know your time/space complexities   Answer Question