Amazon Technical Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 30, 2017

3.3

Senior Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (College Park, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

2 rounds. Each round 2 interview. 1st round - 2 interviews 30mins each. 2nd round - 2 interviews 45 mins each.
    Behavioral questions asked. 1 case question about What would be a feature that you'd like to add in Amazon.

Interview Questions

• What would be a feature that you'd like to add in Amazon? Tell me about a time you failed, accomplishment, used data to make a decision, went above and beyond the role you worked in.   Answer Question

Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (South Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

A couple of years ago I send my resume in Amazon for product manager position. There were no following feedback from them. In 2017 though recruiter reached me out by email and said that my profile was selected to be considered for the invitation only hiring event that Amazon was hosting in Europe.
    Recruiter provided me with brief description of the role and the teams I would join.
    I was asked to send an updated CV. After reviewing my CV, they share a link to the assessment form which I had to complete in a week.
    You have only 2 hr, and there's a timer visible running in the background. You have to finish the task in time.
    After two weeks they contacted me again and said that they won't move forward for the event. Meanwhile, they suggested to search another job for the best match to your background and reply to the recruiter with a six digit job code for my top pick.

Interview Questions

• System design question. Design a system that will be help product managers as the power users to automate incremental improvement to the delivery shipment software.   2 Answers

Senior Product Manager (Technical) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amazon in September 2014.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview with a hiring manager. I only had one interview, but applied to at least 7 positions. My interviewer had a heavy accent. It was hard to understand what he was asking about. The interview lasted 1 hour. He did not ask any technical questions or agile process.

Interview Questions

• How do you justify what features should be added to the roadmap?   1 Answer

Senior Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Irvine, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews led to an on-site interview. They asked lots of questions about projects previously worked on, experience with project management, know when and why to turn a project to a Red status, etc. Be sure to answer with as many actual experiences and stories as possible.

Interview Questions

• Do as much research as possible and be prepared to answer questions that highlight the various amazon leadership principles (google it) as possible.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager, Technical, MBA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

1st round - two phone interviews. 2nd round - four video conference interviews

The interviews were a mix of case style and personality fit style questions. The product management related questions revolved around how you think about developing features. All interviews were done with Amazon employees of various seniorities and departments. None of the people who interviewed me were related to the final group I was given an offer for.

Interview Questions

• Should Amazon sell cars?   1 Answer
    • What's your favorite Amazon product? What are three ways you would improve it and why?   Answer Question

Product Manager Technical Products Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I had two 30-min phone screening interviews, very similar between each other. Questions:
    - Describe shortly your background
    - Tell me about a situation in which you used data to solve a problem (and a lot of follow up questions based on my answer)

In the end, I had 2-3 minutes to ask them questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation in which you used data to solve a problem   Answer Question

Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2011.

Interview

I was given 2 phone screens by Amazon.com employees. The first was by another technical product manager. That interview went over many of the situations that a technical product manager might face with questions as to how I would handle the situation. The second phone screen was given by a technical development manager. The interview questions were more algorithm based rather than specific programming language questions.

Interview Questions

• If we are shipping 2 products to the same customer but these products are contained in different warehouses, What are some of the factors that we need to consider so that the transportation cost will be minimal and the customer will receive the products in the least amount of time?   Answer Question