Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

3.2

Intern Interview

Interview

At first the interviewer asked me to tell him something about the project I have done, and what problem I met in the project. Then, he asked me to say something about my most successful project. After that, he gave me two coding problem.

Intern Interview

Interview

1st round - two back to back one-on-one 30 minutes virtual interviews
    2nd round - two back to back one-on-one 45 minutes virtual interviews
    Overall, the first 5 minutes the interviewers will introduce themselves. Be prepared for the questions you wanna ask the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions but will ask a lot follow up questions in detail...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I Applied through the Amazon reference program and got a technical interview that tested programming and logical skills. The technical part lasted about an hour altogether. A few days later I received an email letting me know they were not interested in continuing the process, so my experience ended there.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

2 online assessments, followed by phone interview.
    1st assessment was one hour and consisted of debugging and MCQs.
    2nd assessment was 70 minutes and consisted of 2 coding questions.
    Phone interview was 45 minutes and consisted of more coding and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Signed an NDA, so I will not post the questions.   6 Answers

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

VERY unprofessional interview process.

I applied with a referral in December and got an invitation to take a 7 question debugging and 24 question reasoning test. 2 days later I was invited to take a 2 coding question test. 2-3 weeks later I received an invitation to the final round phone interview. I was given about a range of a week for possible phone interview days, the last day of which was a Wednesday. I picked many available hours on each of those days, and specified that I had an exploding offer the very Thursday after that Wednesday, so that I preferred an interview ASAP. They picked my interview to be the very last day, Wednesday.

Wednesday comes, and 15 minutes after my interview was supposed to start, I get an email that my interviewer has cancelled on me. Again, I have an exploding offer on Thursday so I end up rescheduling for later that same day. 20 minutes after my NEW interview was supposed to start, I finally get a call from my interviewer. That is 20 minutes that I lose off my my total interview time because my interviewer had to be punctual to his next interview, because for some reason it wasn't important to be punctual to mine. The cherry on top was that there was constant static on the phone and my interviewer couldn't even see what I typed and had to disconnect and reconnect constantly because of technical problems on his end. Got the rejection email 1 week later.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Online assessment. I received an email containing a link to the online test. It said it will take about thirty minutes. The test is made of two parts, debugging and reasoning. The first part is pretty easy if you are familiar with java. They provide several test cases to help you debug the code. The second part, the reasoning part is a little bit tricky but not too hard.

Interview Questions

• Several reasoning questions like finding patterns of two strings.
      Debugging questions of java code.
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

good experience! study your concepts in data structure and algorithms as well keep track of time,if not
    don't panic as it will only make it worse.Practice hackerrank and leetcode thoroughly before attempting.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

online assessment of 7 debugging questions in twenty mins and 24 logical reasoning in thirty five minutes. Practice debugging codes keeping account of time. Logical reasoning questions were similar to ones found on indiabix.com

Interview Questions

• puzzle-based logical reasoning   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Cambridge, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

They called for an assessment test, saying that the options in programming languages for the coding test are Java, C, C++ and Python. I flew in to Cambridge, all the way from my place to take the test, only to find that Python was not an option. I was OK with this and had continued to code, when the recruiter/host announced that those who prefer Python will have a separate hiring process later on, and had to leave.

Quite obviously, there were some who preferred Python for coding tests including me and we left, wasting about half a day, a certain amount unreimbursed cost of travel, as well as having missed classes and/or other important engagements for that day.

We never received any intimation later on.

I hope the recruiters learn to value the time and money of candidates and improve upon managing the process properly. Its a shame that such a big company has such a shoddy hiring process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Cambridge, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Had a group coding interview with amazon. 3hrs total, including debugging questions, logic questions and coding questions. Can only use java, c or cpp for the coding part of the interview. I did not finish the interview and left, since I do not use any of the programming languages. However, the questions were very easy (managed to do the debugging part in java).

Interview Questions

• I cannot disclose the questions since I signed a contract with them.   Answer Question