Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

3.1

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Straightforward. 2 coding rounds then a phone interview. First round was a basic debugging round whereas the 2nd round had 2 technical questions. 10 days after that, we were asked to schedule a phone interview date which was scheduled a week from that. The questions asked on the phone interview were all technical in nature. The first question was a basic level order tree traversal.

Interview Questions

• Show level order tree traversal   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

It started with two online evaluations. First involved debugging code and some logic questions. The second was more of a coding test like leetcode. Also had a one hour phone interview.

Intern Interview

Interview

At first the interviewer asked me to tell him something about the project I have done, and what problem I met in the project. Then, he asked me to say something about my most successful project. After that, he gave me two coding problem.

Intern Interview

Interview

1st round - two back to back one-on-one 30 minutes virtual interviews
    2nd round - two back to back one-on-one 45 minutes virtual interviews
    Overall, the first 5 minutes the interviewers will introduce themselves. Be prepared for the questions you wanna ask the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions but will ask a lot follow up questions in detail...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the internship position online, and heard back a few weeks later. I did two online assessments (not too difficult), and then after I was offered the opportunity to do a phone interview. It was a typical phone interview: about 45 minutes. I didn't get extended an offer afterwards.

Interview Questions

• 1. Find the minimum number of train stations required given a list of departure and arrival times.
      2. The online screens had a couple of SAT style questions and some debugging questions.
      1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2017.

Interview

Two online assessments and final phone round. The phone interview was most def solvable but make sure to talk the solution through and work with with the engineer. I think that helped me get the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I Applied through the Amazon reference program and got a technical interview that tested programming and logical skills. The technical part lasted about an hour altogether. A few days later I received an email letting me know they were not interested in continuing the process, so my experience ended there.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

2 online assessments, followed by phone interview.
    1st assessment was one hour and consisted of debugging and MCQs.
    2nd assessment was 70 minutes and consisted of 2 coding questions.
    Phone interview was 45 minutes and consisted of more coding and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Signed an NDA, so I will not post the questions.   6 Answers

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

VERY unprofessional interview process.

I applied with a referral in December and got an invitation to take a 7 question debugging and 24 question reasoning test. 2 days later I was invited to take a 2 coding question test. 2-3 weeks later I received an invitation to the final round phone interview. I was given about a range of a week for possible phone interview days, the last day of which was a Wednesday. I picked many available hours on each of those days, and specified that I had an exploding offer the very Thursday after that Wednesday, so that I preferred an interview ASAP. They picked my interview to be the very last day, Wednesday.

Wednesday comes, and 15 minutes after my interview was supposed to start, I get an email that my interviewer has cancelled on me. Again, I have an exploding offer on Thursday so I end up rescheduling for later that same day. 20 minutes after my NEW interview was supposed to start, I finally get a call from my interviewer. That is 20 minutes that I lose off my my total interview time because my interviewer had to be punctual to his next interview, because for some reason it wasn't important to be punctual to mine. The cherry on top was that there was constant static on the phone and my interviewer couldn't even see what I typed and had to disconnect and reconnect constantly because of technical problems on his end. Got the rejection email 1 week later.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Online assessment. I received an email containing a link to the online test. It said it will take about thirty minutes. The test is made of two parts, debugging and reasoning. The first part is pretty easy if you are familiar with java. They provide several test cases to help you debug the code. The second part, the reasoning part is a little bit tricky but not too hard.

Interview Questions

• Several reasoning questions like finding patterns of two strings.
      Debugging questions of java code.
      Answer Question