Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I Applied through the Amazon reference program and got a technical interview that tested programming and logical skills. The technical part lasted about an hour altogether. A few days later I received an email letting me know they were not interested in continuing the process, so my experience ended there.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

2 online assessments, followed by phone interview.
    1st assessment was one hour and consisted of debugging and MCQs.
    2nd assessment was 70 minutes and consisted of 2 coding questions.
    Phone interview was 45 minutes and consisted of more coding and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Signed an NDA, so I will not post the questions.   6 Answers

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

VERY unprofessional interview process.

I applied with a referral in December and got an invitation to take a 7 question debugging and 24 question reasoning test. 2 days later I was invited to take a 2 coding question test. 2-3 weeks later I received an invitation to the final round phone interview. I was given about a range of a week for possible phone interview days, the last day of which was a Wednesday. I picked many available hours on each of those days, and specified that I had an exploding offer the very Thursday after that Wednesday, so that I preferred an interview ASAP. They picked my interview to be the very last day, Wednesday.

Wednesday comes, and 15 minutes after my interview was supposed to start, I get an email that my interviewer has cancelled on me. Again, I have an exploding offer on Thursday so I end up rescheduling for later that same day. 20 minutes after my NEW interview was supposed to start, I finally get a call from my interviewer. That is 20 minutes that I lose off my my total interview time because my interviewer had to be punctual to his next interview, because for some reason it wasn't important to be punctual to mine. The cherry on top was that there was constant static on the phone and my interviewer couldn't even see what I typed and had to disconnect and reconnect constantly because of technical problems on his end. Got the rejection email 1 week later.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Online assessment. I received an email containing a link to the online test. It said it will take about thirty minutes. The test is made of two parts, debugging and reasoning. The first part is pretty easy if you are familiar with java. They provide several test cases to help you debug the code. The second part, the reasoning part is a little bit tricky but not too hard.

Interview Questions

• Several reasoning questions like finding patterns of two strings.
      Debugging questions of java code.
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

good experience! study your concepts in data structure and algorithms as well keep track of time,if not
    don't panic as it will only make it worse.Practice hackerrank and leetcode thoroughly before attempting.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

online assessment of 7 debugging questions in twenty mins and 24 logical reasoning in thirty five minutes. Practice debugging codes keeping account of time. Logical reasoning questions were similar to ones found on indiabix.com

Interview Questions

• puzzle-based logical reasoning   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Cambridge, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Had a group coding interview with amazon. 3hrs total, including debugging questions, logic questions and coding questions. Can only use java, c or cpp for the coding part of the interview. I did not finish the interview and left, since I do not use any of the programming languages. However, the questions were very easy (managed to do the debugging part in java).

Interview Questions

• I cannot disclose the questions since I signed a contract with them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Had an on-site round:
    Section 1: Debugging round
    Section 2: Logical reasoning
    Section 3: 2 coding questions

Applied on Amazon careers site and received a mail from a recruiter for an on-site screening round after about 15 days.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions from top 50 questions in programcreek with a little modification.   1 Answer

Intern - Monthly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

All I did was take the assessment and they gave me an offer a couple of days later. However, it took them several months to even reach out to me to offer me the assessment in the first place.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied in early October, got an assessment in early January. Pretty standard 7 debugging questions and a logical reasoning portion. Passed this assessment and moved on to the coding portion. Got two problems with 70 minutes to solve. Both were around easy level on a site like LeetCode. After this I moved on to a final round phone interview. Interviewer was pleasant and on time. Got emailed 3 days after interview.

Interview Questions

• What was one of your best achievements on a project in the past?   19 Answers