Amazon Software Engineer In Test I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Software Engineer In Test I Interview Questions

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The 1st round was 45 min. and went through background and technical questions. The second round was three 45 min technical interviews that just involved technical questions. I was not a big fan of how much they cared about syntax in the technical questions.

Software Development Engineer In Test I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Chennai (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

5 rounds of interview
    1. Written exam - coding, debugging, test scripts and use case
    2. In person interview with 2 members - debugging, coding and testing related question
    3. Interview with 2 members - coding and test management related question
    4. Interview with 1 member - Testing related question
    5. Interview by manager - bar scaling interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by recruiter within a couple days. Recruiter first called to explain the position more and see if I had any questions. After that I was scheduled for a phone interview a few days later. The interviewer started by asking me how I would test certain systems in the world followed by some coding questions and then asked how I would test them.

Interview Questions

• How would you test a subway system?   Answer Question
    • How would you test Gmail app?   Answer Question
    • Write a method that returns how many time a letter appears in a string. Followed by how would you test it.   Answer Question
    • Given a string and a letter, How many times does the letter appear. Followed by how would you test it.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency for SDET I position, Telephonic interview was conducted. As I was not aware of Amazon process much I couldn't prepare well. I got call from SDET II on scheduled time.

She started asking about my current project, role in my project and difficulties I faced in that project.Then she gave me string problem, I had to write a method which should return count of numbers.

EX: Input "AABC32DE4P%@23Pu" output should be 32+4+23 = 59

I explained an algorithm to solve this, She asked me to it, I coded in Java. I took little extra time to fine tune it.

Then she asked me to write some test cases to test the above function, I gave around 10 test cases.

After this round I got mail saying I got rejected. I felt lack of preparation and awareness about interview process reasons for rejection.

Interview Questions

• Not a difficult one but due to lack of practice I took more time to solve it.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Chennai (India)) in April 2011.

Interview

It was pretty well organised. They gave a good overview of what is expected in the interview so that we can be prepared to take it. They concentrate more on problem solving and the data structures where though they don't expect you to immediately answer the questions they wanted to make a genuine try and valuate the approach.

Interview Questions

• find common ancestor in binary tree(Not binary search tree)   Answer Question

Negotiation

they pay quite decent amount

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in July 2012.

Interview

I applied online to many of their job postings, got a call from HR after a month. They had an hiring event , so after HR screening, they called me directly for in-person interview. Interviews started on time. I had 4 technical , 1 behavioral and 1 HR round, each for around 40-45 mins. All the interviewers were very helpful. At no point I felt uncomfortable. When I got stuck, they provided hints to help me arrive at answer. Overall a good experience in interview, they confirmed selection on same day and I got offer letter within a week.

Interview Questions

• You are given a n*n matrix of bits (1s and 0s) where 1 represents land and 0 represents water. Adjacent 1s can be considered as joined together to form sort of island in water. Count the number of islands. Discuss complexity.   2 Answers
    • Consider a rectangular mesh (intersecting horizontal and vertical lines ). These lines represent intersecting roads. You are standing at top left intersection and you need to reach to a resort located at bottom right intersection. On your way, you can see interesting sights which are given points (weightage). You are lazy to walk (i.e. you wont walk left / up. You will only walk to right or down). While reaching resort , you want to cover maximum points (see things that have more weightage). Write a program to calculate maximum number of points that you can cover. He later asked me to improve solution by avoiding paths already visited.   1 Answer
    • Write an iterator for binary search tree.   Answer Question
    • You are given a long stream of characters. Write a program to find first non repeating character. Discuss complexity.   Answer Question
    • Design lift (elevator) system.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I had applied online.I talked to the recruiter briefly about my experience.Had a phone screen.
    Permutations of String.
    How many time does hour and minute hand overlap.
    I didnt do well as I had not gone through these problems.

Interview Questions

• Permutations of String.
      How many time does hour and minute hand overlap.
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amazon in May 2016.

Interview

I received an email asking me to schedule a 45 minute phone interview. The interviewer called me and asked some basic questions about my current position and then we used CodePair on hacker rank to do the coding questions.

Interview Questions

• What type of tools do you use testing?
      What types of environments do you use for testing?

Coding:
      1) Write a function to reverse a linkedList.
      2) Implemented a linked LIst.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Greenwood, IN).

Interview

I made online application. First step was to online assessment test.There was two coding questions and 35 minutes aptitude test. It was not that bad. If you prepare well you can easily crack it.

Interview Questions

• Rotate a string in clockwise direction ?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I applied online. First round is a coding interview where I was asked to code several normal technical puzzles. Also, Amazon require you to have a web camera for some reason. I guess they just want to make sure it is you who is writing the code. After the first round, Amazon would ask you to go to Seattle if you pass through the first round.

Interview Questions

• there are a bunch of distinctive numbers with only one pair of duplicates. find the odd ones   Answer Question