Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 3, 2017

3.2

525 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Pune (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

The interviewers are quite friendly they will make you comfortable. Then test how you apply technical Knowledge you learned throughout the course. Mostly the questions are based on data structures. The also ask which is your favourite project you have done so far.

Finance Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

4- 30 minute back to back interviews. No breaks in between. Multiple questions asked where you will need to display answer on a whiteboard. Extremely stressful experience, knowledge of SQL is highly encouraged.

Interview Questions

• asked multiple financial questions ranging from creating P&L statements to calculating BE point   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online through the college portal. A lot of people were called for an on campus interview. There were two 45 min rounds present one following the other. The first interviewer asked a lot of technical questions about operating systems and then some programming questions on binary trees. The second round was even harder with just one question which took almost the entire time to understand and comprehend. The interviewer also wasted a lot of time talking about unrelated stuff.

Interview Questions

• Zig Zag tree traversal, create something similar to your t9 dictionary.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2014.

Interview

My phone interview for Software Development Engineer Intern at Amazon.com was my first phone interview ever. It was a very interesting experience. There were two rounds of interviewing, each lasting 45 minutes each and all the questions asked were purely technical.

Software Development Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2012.

Interview

A friend of mine submitted my resume to a hiring manager and I got a phone call about a week later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview involved two different people, both of whom went straight into the technical questioning. There was none of the typical interview banter or "what's your greatest weakness" sort of vagueness. The second guy didn't even have inflection in his voice. He was just a cold, hard, questioning robot... creepy!

About halfway through the phone call I was asked to sit down at my computer and log on to a website where the interviewer watched me write some code to solve a problem he'd specified (printing a series of numbers to a console in a spiral pattern). It was a bit difficult since every time I stopped to think he'd ask me what I was thinking. After several minutes of thinking out loud and typing nervously I managed to complete the problem.

After the online portion of the interview, I was given homework (see "Most Difficult or Unexpected Question"), and told to submit it to them by the end of the day! I had a hot date with tickets to a show that evening, but as the hours went by it became clear that I was going to have to cancel to work on the interview problem. Frustrated and bitter, I resigned to submit what I had by midnight along with documentation on the missing aspects of my solution.

A few days went by and I heard nothing. I still had some questions about the internship that I didn't have a chance to ask over the phone, so I e-mailed my recruiter. She replied the next day with a form letter telling me that they'd decided to pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Recreate the StringBuilder class in C++ from the ground up.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Got an email saying they liked my resume and I scheduled for an interview on campus (this was at UCSD). The interview consisted of 2 45 minute interviews. They were very nice people and very helpful when I was stuck on some code. Interesting interview. Heard back the day after and did not get the offer.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I applied for the software engineering internship. I had back to back interviews, and then a final interview a couple weeks later.

The interviews were technical interviews, and they were very challenging. I could not figure out some of the question.

Interview Questions

• There were some questions based on graph theory that were very simply stated, but required a very well-thought-out precise solution.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in October 2011.

Interview

This interview process was definitely an interesting one. It was a very difficult interview when compared to what most Supply Chain companies ask. The first round was behavioral and tested my Supply Chain knowledge, while the second round was a lot of thinking problems. I was very impressed that Amazon called me 2-3 days after my second interview to let me know that I was not receiving an offer; it was much better than an email.

Interview Questions

• How many phone books are in New York City?   Answer Question
    • You have a ping pong ball. It is the same diameter as a tube that it is in. It is buried 3 feet under concrete. How do you get it out?   2 Answers
    • You have 3 warehouses. Warehouse A, Warehouse B, and Warehouse C. Place them anywhere and tell me why.   1 Answer
    • You have 3 warehouses. Warehouse A's demand exceeds its maximum capacity. What would you do about this situation?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in September 2011.

Interview

This interview consists of 4 - 30 minute one-on-one interviews with 4 different people. They ask a few personal questions but a lot of financial usage questions. They did not present me with any financial statements as past commenters described. Instead, it was big hypotheticals like "if you invent a brand new product that has no comparisons, describe how you would determine a price and quantity to produce." Or, "what are 3 numbers the CFO probably wants to see on a daily basis?" It is very easy to stall out into awkward silence even if you know the material deep down.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 numbers the CFO would look at on a daily basis?   Answer Question
    • How do you price a brand new product?   Answer Question
    • How do you decide whether to include a 5 dollar free download voucher with each sale of a cd box set?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Tempe, AZ) in March 2011.

Interview

It consisted of 2 45 minutes back to back interviews. Both are skill questions.
    The first interview consisted of a group of jobs in which some of them had dependencies, meaning that some had to be completed first before one could start. Think of this as a graph with pointing arrows. Create an algorithm that would spit out the most efficient/best job sequence. The result would be something along these lines: first job3, job4; second job1; third job5, job6, etc. What data structure would you use and how would you represent it? Explain it with pseudocode, then write it on code.
    The second interview consisted of an expression tree. What structure would you use to represent this? Write code that would compute the result. Can you write it without using recursion? What's memory overhead?

Interview Questions

• First Interview. What data structure to use, and how to solve the problem?   1 Answer
    • Second Interview. Write code to compute result of expression binary tree? What's the time complexity?   1 Answer