Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Thorough behavioral interview. They were checking for a fit for Amazon culture and their leadership qualities. They were keen to dig deeper and questioned every statement and word I choose. They were all video interviews

Interview Questions

• name a process you've changed   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to quickly make a decision that you could not speak to your supervisor about. How did it go? If good, then asked tell me about a time it did not go well.    Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)) in September 2014.

Interview

- Four interviews
    - One phone interview and three in house interviews
    - each interview had 45 mins
    - I liked the atmosphere very much, very nice people. It felt more like a conversation than like a job interview.

Interview Questions

• - What would you do in this and that situation? (situations like when you couldn't deliver what you promised; what you would do in case a customer is very demanding...)
      - Highlight some things you like about amazon. Make proposals to improve things you mentioned.
      - Some technical questions and a short test related to my job description (not very difficult)
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Pune (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

The interviewers are quite friendly they will make you comfortable. Then test how you apply technical Knowledge you learned throughout the course. Mostly the questions are based on data structures. The also ask which is your favourite project you have done so far.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through the university jobs portal and was interviewed on-site 2 days later (very little time to prepare)The interview was an hour and a half long in total. Divided into 3 parts. One part Object Orientated Principles, one part computer science fundamentals, which involved questions on unix and networking questions too (which I found hard as we had not yet covered networks in uni.) . The third part consisted of questions on coding and algorithms. Was given a problem and had to propose a solution or algorithm for it, following this I was asked to implement it on the whiteboard. I found the interview very difficult overall, but the guys interviewing me were really pleasant and you felt like they wanted you to succeed and that they were trying to help you to get the knowledge out.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of integers [1,2,3,4]. and target t = 5. Come up with a solution that will print out all the unique pairs in the array that are equal t.   2 Answers
    • Explain in as much detail as you can what happens when you search amazon.com in your browser.   Answer Question
    • Are objects and classes the same , and if not , how are they different?   1 Answer

Finance Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

4- 30 minute back to back interviews. No breaks in between. Multiple questions asked where you will need to display answer on a whiteboard. Extremely stressful experience, knowledge of SQL is highly encouraged.

Interview Questions

• asked multiple financial questions ranging from creating P&L statements to calculating BE point   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online through the college portal. A lot of people were called for an on campus interview. There were two 45 min rounds present one following the other. The first interviewer asked a lot of technical questions about operating systems and then some programming questions on binary trees. The second round was even harder with just one question which took almost the entire time to understand and comprehend. The interviewer also wasted a lot of time talking about unrelated stuff.

Interview Questions

• Zig Zag tree traversal, create something similar to your t9 dictionary.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2014.

Interview

My phone interview for Software Development Engineer Intern at Amazon.com was my first phone interview ever. It was a very interesting experience. There were two rounds of interviewing, each lasting 45 minutes each and all the questions asked were purely technical.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2014.

Interview

2 hour back to back technical interview. You will get a third technical interview if they think you were on the fence.

Interview Questions

• Hashing, data structures, and design questions. They also asked me if i took the algorithms class, then they proceeded to ask me about NP-Complete problems etc. They were very nice overall. I recommend getting a good cell phone reception and internet access before the interview, because my call kept dropping on me during the interview. It dropped at least 6 times during my first technical interview, and I think they weren't happy about it, therefore I was sent to a third technical interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Two days to get offer

Software Development Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2012.

Interview

A friend of mine submitted my resume to a hiring manager and I got a phone call about a week later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview involved two different people, both of whom went straight into the technical questioning. There was none of the typical interview banter or "what's your greatest weakness" sort of vagueness. The second guy didn't even have inflection in his voice. He was just a cold, hard, questioning robot... creepy!

About halfway through the phone call I was asked to sit down at my computer and log on to a website where the interviewer watched me write some code to solve a problem he'd specified (printing a series of numbers to a console in a spiral pattern). It was a bit difficult since every time I stopped to think he'd ask me what I was thinking. After several minutes of thinking out loud and typing nervously I managed to complete the problem.

After the online portion of the interview, I was given homework (see "Most Difficult or Unexpected Question"), and told to submit it to them by the end of the day! I had a hot date with tickets to a show that evening, but as the hours went by it became clear that I was going to have to cancel to work on the interview problem. Frustrated and bitter, I resigned to submit what I had by midnight along with documentation on the missing aspects of my solution.

A few days went by and I heard nothing. I still had some questions about the internship that I didn't have a chance to ask over the phone, so I e-mailed my recruiter. She replied the next day with a form letter telling me that they'd decided to pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Recreate the StringBuilder class in C++ from the ground up.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Got an email saying they liked my resume and I scheduled for an interview on campus (this was at UCSD). The interview consisted of 2 45 minute interviews. They were very nice people and very helpful when I was stuck on some code. Interesting interview. Heard back the day after and did not get the offer.