Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 8, 2017

3.2

528 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I got 1:1 technical interview. It was on campus interview and I was bit late due to some reason. I finally got rejected and I believe that was the reason. The person asked me to develop a stack in any language and dragged me to different questions from that. Around 30 minutes was the duration.

Interview Questions

• At very first started with coding. Didn't ask anything else before that.   Answer Question

Interview

The first round consisted of online test containing 20 msqs and 2 coding questions..
    the next was interview roung..

Interview Questions

• coding questions where to implement isParanthesized() method for and arithmetic expression..   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Got an interview offer through on campus interviewing. Two 45 min technical interviews with two employers. The questions were too techinical based on binary tress, OOD of a scenario. Information about my projects and languages that I knew.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

got 2 phone interviews for internship as software develop in Amazon. One asked about algorithms, the other is basic java/c++ programming questions. One interview is 45 minutes late.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Submitted resume to a recruiter at a networking event. After several weeks received an invitation to schedule for two phone interviews. After gave availability, received confirmed appointments a week later. Process was slow, but I assume they were very busy with scheduling for intern interviews. Interviews were technical, and was told to review OO Concepts, Data Structures, Complexities, etc.

Asked general questions then asked about tree traverals, solving a problem and if you can optimize your solution or come up with another solution. Interviewers were both nice and helpful.. provided hints/direction when necessary

Interview Questions

Interview

First interview went horrible. Interviewer was very unresponsive during entire phone call. Answered 2/3 questions. Third question regarding graph algorithm I was not able to solve and I believe that is what caused me to not get offer. Know your data structures and algorithms very well.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I was scheduled for two back-to-back 45 minute long phone interviews. Both of the interviewers were quite pleasant, and they dove into technical problems immediately. Due to technical reasons (I really chose the wrong place to sit-- the call dropped several times and the internet stopped working), the first call was rescheduled for a week later. Both interviewers used an online collaborative coding website for the technical questions instead of asking me to write on paper. The technical questions were nothing too unexpected:
    - Find the intersection of two arrays of integers (the elements that are in both)
    - Given a set of integers, produce its power set (the set of all subsets of the original set)
    - Reverse a linked list
    - Given a string, what characters are in it?
    Only one interviewer asked me about my resume ("tell me about a technical challenge on a project you've worked on").

Interview Questions

• Given a set of integers, produce its power set (the set of all subsets of the original set)   Answer Question

Interview

handed in resume during campus career fair. Set up an interview with them after two weeks. 90mins interview in total. Talked to two interviewers each for 45 mins. They asked about basic c++ stuff, also some hash and tree concepts. The interviews were really nice.

Interview Questions

• difference between an array and a vector.   1 Answer

Software Developer Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

Very professional. Consists of two rounds. 1st round simple. 2nd round a little bit more.
    Questions: 1) 2nd largest number in an array 2) no:1s in Binary 3) Loops in a singly linked list 4) Hex to decimal 5) Lot of Oops questions 6) Math based 7) Regular expressions

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Just had my first round of phone screening interview. First interviewer asked programming related questions and asked me to code. The second one basically asked higher level and open ended technical questions. Both used an online code typing and sharing tool.