Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in October 2015.

Interview

I had 4 interviews in total and applied online. The interviews all happened in a row, which was a bit tiring. Very competence based questions (eg. tell me about a time you received critics). I also had to solve a case study. The process in general was very fast and recruiter was very responsive. Though you get the feeling once you're hired they care about you anymore.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you overcame a challenge?
      Tell me a time you were innovative?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Is an American international electronic commerce company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington, United States. It is the world's largest online retailer. Amazon.com started as an online bookstore, but soon diversified, selling DVDs, VHSs, CDs, video and MP3 downloads/streaming, software, video games, electronics, apparel, furniture, food, toys, and jewellery. The company also produces consumer electronics notably the Amazon Kindle e-book reader and the Kindle Fire tablet computer and is a major provider of cloud computing services.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied on their careers website, they reviewed my CV and invited me for an online SHL numerical reasoning test and video interview with screen sharing and an excel document. Most questions were around pivot tables, 1 question on VLOOKUP and 1 other on VBA. 3 questions on SQL. I answered well but they favoured another candidate. There was also some behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• VLOOK-UP, pivot tables, VBA, SQL and making graphs from pivot tables.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you were assigned a KPI (Key performance indicator) and how did you reach it?
      Tell us a bit about yourself.
      Why are you interested in an internship at Amazon.
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Chennai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

First round was an online coding round. There were 3 coding question to solve in 90 minutes. First question was based on string and arrays, second one was based on dynamic programming and last one was based on tree data structure

Interview Questions

• They asked me to add number in two different linked list and combine the result as single list in linear time.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raurkela (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Raurkela (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview questions started from Easy and ended with Difficult questions. The interviewer expected me to be honest in that if I had already done the asked question, then I should report to him. Initially, the interviewer was friendly but later that person became a bit irritated because he was hungry and had been interviewing since morning. So any mistakes committed or time taken, he was getting more irritated. The interview lasted for about 35-40 mintues.

Interview Questions

• 1. Given n distinct keys. How many unique binary search trees can be constructed from the n given keys ? After some thinking, I was able to do it and code it properly.   1 Answer
    • 3. A question based on linked lists, which I don't exactly remember. But it was related to detecting the presence of a cycle in the linked list. I was able to do it easily though.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

This was an interview at the University of Washington after a career fair. Talked with two people, both Indian who worked at Amazon. It was kind of hard to understand them through the accents, but other than that they were both very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Given two nodes in a binary tree, find their first common ancestor (if it exists).   1 Answer
    • Given a 2D array, find the sum of all the elements in the array. O(n^2) solution is too slow, find ways to optimize (ended up adding a second parameter 2D array).   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

There were 2 online assessments and a phone interview. In the first OA, there were some debugging problems lasting for 20 mins, and some logical problems lasting for 35 mins. Time not quite enough, Glass door helps.

Interview Questions

• reverse the second half of a linked list   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process (at least the portion I made it through) was conducted purely online. I received an easy online logic/coding assessment followed by a more lengthy, difficult assessment. I never got the opportunity to directly communicate with anyone in charge of the recruitment process. I was also never given feedback as to why I wasn't considered for the next round of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• General logic/debugging questions. Write a method that determines whether two rectangles overlap given their top-right and bottom-left coordinates.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

Interview

The process was fast but a bit unorganized. I first took an online test, followed by a 30min phone interview. Finally, I attended an assessment day. The overall experience within the assessment day was great.

Interview Questions

• Example of when you handle a difficult task and how you solve it? example of a situation in which you had to deal with a conflictive person? tell me something that you are specially proud of.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the internship position online, and heard back a few weeks later. I did two online assessments (not too difficult), and then after I was offered the opportunity to do a phone interview. It was a typical phone interview: about 45 minutes. I didn't get extended an offer afterwards.

Interview Questions

• 1. Find the minimum number of train stations required given a list of departure and arrival times.
      2. The online screens had a couple of SAT style questions and some debugging questions.
      1 Answer