Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

3.2

Intern Interview

Interview

At first the interviewer asked me to tell him something about the project I have done, and what problem I met in the project. Then, he asked me to say something about my most successful project. After that, he gave me two coding problem.

Intern Interview

Interview

1st round - two back to back one-on-one 30 minutes virtual interviews
    2nd round - two back to back one-on-one 45 minutes virtual interviews
    Overall, the first 5 minutes the interviewers will introduce themselves. Be prepared for the questions you wanna ask the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions but will ask a lot follow up questions in detail...   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Completed online tests then had a telephone interview followed by an AC.

Involved meeting current grads and interns with lunch provided by human resources

Mixture of interviews and presentation

Long way to slough however i believe they have new offices opening soon in central london

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Milan (Italy)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was invited for the online Assessment. Once you get the invitation email you have 5 days to complete it otherwise your application is considered withdrawn. I completed the online assessment and found it very challenging with many quantitative questions, but still I felt good about it. A few days later I received a phone call from an Interviewer (2nd step of the recruiting process) who asked me mostly personal fit questions. A week or so later I received an email saying my profile was not in line with the one they were looking for

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

On-campus assessment that combined the first 2 online assessments, then a phone interview that involved general questions about data structures and algorithms, some basic "soft" questions about projects, and a coding question. Fairly easy overall, but I got an email a day after interviewing informing me that I wasn't selected, which didn't surprise me too much- it was my first technical phone interview and I was very nervous and stumbled a lot.

Interview Questions

• Not going to give specific questions. Just study your basic data structure and algorithms.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Got an Email from a recuter, did the first assessment and waitig for The second assessment. People say it takes days. Lets wait and see. The online assessment was average. The MCQ was average but the time makes you nervoussss

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Davis, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It is a expedited program. Amazon gave first interview on campus, it is a exam-like interview, with students gathered in a classroom and do the OA on our own laptops. It lasts about 3 hrs. There are 3 results of the first interview: get the offer, get the phone interview or get refused.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Cambridge, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

They called for an assessment test, saying that the options in programming languages for the coding test are Java, C, C++ and Python. I flew in to Cambridge, all the way from my place to take the test, only to find that Python was not an option. I was OK with this and had continued to code, when the recruiter/host announced that those who prefer Python will have a separate hiring process later on, and had to leave.

Quite obviously, there were some who preferred Python for coding tests including me and we left, wasting about half a day, a certain amount unreimbursed cost of travel, as well as having missed classes and/or other important engagements for that day.

We never received any intimation later on.

I hope the recruiters learn to value the time and money of candidates and improve upon managing the process properly. Its a shame that such a big company has such a shoddy hiring process.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to complete a simple debugging questions along where you fix simple code. Then a logical reasoning section that is very straightforward. The next section is a 70 min section where you have to write two programs, I was just under prepared about would be able to do well on it after having seen what I needed to prep for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Had an on-site round:
    Section 1: Debugging round
    Section 2: Logical reasoning
    Section 3: 2 coding questions

Applied on Amazon careers site and received a mail from a recruiter for an on-site screening round after about 15 days.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions from top 50 questions in programcreek with a little modification.   1 Answer