Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 8, 2017

3.2

528 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

1st round was online coding round. 2nd was f2f interview round. Then we had a presentation and a HR round. It was good overall but the interview was very tough.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Milan (Italy)) in September 2017.

Interview

First an online test, mostly MPQs about graphs and tables they gave you. After that they called me for a 45 min telephone interview, with questions about my resume, numerical questions (easy), and other questions about my previous experience. Then I was called for an interview at their office.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a situation where you got a negative feedback and how you reacted   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon in May 2017.

Interview

Two one Hour phone interviews typical questions about data structures followed by a technical question and some time to ask the interviewer questions. Talked about various data structures and was asked to give examples of when to use which and why.

Data Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon in December 2015.

Interview

Entretien en ligne sur hirevue.
    Une partie ou on exécute des taches sur une base de données Excel en filmant son écran et en expliquant à l'oral ce qu'on fait et pourquoi (en anglais). Un exercice sur une base de donnée en SQL.
    On répond à des questions de personnalité et motivation et sur nos études en anglais toujours

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jalandhar, Punjab (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Jalandhar, Punjab (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview was totally technical .. overall thinking towards the problem.. and related to binary trees and tricky questions on arrays were asked . how would u traverse a tree threaded binary trees . most of the questions were asked from trees . WHich is ur fav data structure .. and a bit discussion why it is ur favourite.. this all was followed by writing code /snippets for the function.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied on their careers website, they reviewed my CV and invited me for an online SHL numerical reasoning test and video interview with screen sharing and an excel document. Most questions were around pivot tables, 1 question on VLOOKUP and 1 other on VBA. 3 questions on SQL. I answered well but they favoured another candidate. There was also some behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• VLOOK-UP, pivot tables, VBA, SQL and making graphs from pivot tables.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you were assigned a KPI (Key performance indicator) and how did you reach it?
      Tell us a bit about yourself.
      Why are you interested in an internship at Amazon.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Chennai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

First round was an online coding round. There were 3 coding question to solve in 90 minutes. First question was based on string and arrays, second one was based on dynamic programming and last one was based on tree data structure

Interview Questions

• They asked me to add number in two different linked list and combine the result as single list in linear time.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raurkela (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Raurkela (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview questions started from Easy and ended with Difficult questions. The interviewer expected me to be honest in that if I had already done the asked question, then I should report to him. Initially, the interviewer was friendly but later that person became a bit irritated because he was hungry and had been interviewing since morning. So any mistakes committed or time taken, he was getting more irritated. The interview lasted for about 35-40 mintues.

Interview Questions

• 1. Given n distinct keys. How many unique binary search trees can be constructed from the n given keys ? After some thinking, I was able to do it and code it properly.   1 Answer
    • 3. A question based on linked lists, which I don't exactly remember. But it was related to detecting the presence of a cycle in the linked list. I was able to do it easily though.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process (at least the portion I made it through) was conducted purely online. I received an easy online logic/coding assessment followed by a more lengthy, difficult assessment. I never got the opportunity to directly communicate with anyone in charge of the recruitment process. I was also never given feedback as to why I wasn't considered for the next round of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• General logic/debugging questions. Write a method that determines whether two rectangles overlap given their top-right and bottom-left coordinates.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

Interview

The process was fast but a bit unorganized. I first took an online test, followed by a 30min phone interview. Finally, I attended an assessment day. The overall experience within the assessment day was great.

Interview Questions

• Example of when you handle a difficult task and how you solve it? example of a situation in which you had to deal with a conflictive person? tell me something that you are specially proud of.   1 Answer