Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Intern Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2017

3.1

905 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

- Apply on amazon.jobs ;
    - Coding test : on Codility, with two questions. They were not that hard ;
    - 2 consecutive 1-hour Skype interviews with two engineers : questions about your experience (and link with leadership principles), questions about languages on my resume, technical questions on a website live ;

Intern Interview

Interview

i applied for the internship program. They contacted me through a first phone interview, asking many questions both about me and quantitative. the whole phone call lasted for about one hour. Then i received another phone call and they invited me to continue the next step in the process.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Passau (Germany)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Passau (Germany)) in November 2017.

Interview

I was referred from an employee for an interview. A recuter contacted me by mail and asked when I would be free for an interview in the next three weeks. Then they scheduled with the team.
    The interview was one hour long and consisted of three parts. First some questions about a project I was proud of. They asked about my part in the project and how I solved problems with team mates. Also some followup questions.
    In the second part I got a link for an online texteditor with syntax higlighting. I was asked to solve a easy programming question. At first I had to explain the algorithm I wanted to use and then programm it. Afterwards I had to compute the complexity and optimise my solution. Also some followup questions.
    In the end I could ask some questions about the internship.

Interview Questions

• Detect if two strings are anagrams from one another. (Not palindoms! Anagrams are just mixed letters)   1 Answer

Pathways Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nice (France)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Nice (France)) in March 2017.

Interview

1) 4 interviews which includes one with the bar raiser.
    2) Behavioural interview
    3) Questions related to past work experience
    4) How did you handle stress , your contribution to the organiization, your learning from the organization

Interview Questions

• What are your biggest achievements   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Interview

I had an hour of interview with two Amazon employees. It was mostly focused on leadership principles. They also asked several questions based on resume. They made a very comforting environment but asked a lot of follow-up questions regarding my answer.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging experience   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2017.

Interview

There were six rounds of interviews for this position. It was all done on the phone because I was studying abroad at the time. They were very accommodating with interview times, and the process went pretty seamlessly.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked on a team project where things did not go as planned? What role did you play on the team? How did it end up working out? (really delving into that experience. could be academic or work-related.)   Answer Question

Intern Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Munich, Bayern (Germany)).

Interview

Zwei Telephongespräche, jeweils eine Stunde.
    - 30 Minuten Fragen zu Algorithmen und Datenstrukturen: Fragen zu komplexität, suche, sorting, listen, maps.
    - 30 Minuten über mich reden: Was mich bewegt, wie ich zu auf bestimmte Situationen reagiert habe, an welchen Projekte ich gearbeitet habe.

Interview Questions

• What was the most relevant project you have been working lately?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

The first stage of the interview process required me to record videos of myself answering pre-set questions on a timer. There was no one at the other end of the video, and it was quite awkward.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one time you upheld one of Amazon's Leadership pillars   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

1st round was online coding round. 2nd was f2f interview round. Then we had a presentation and a HR round. It was good overall but the interview was very tough.

Intern Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Le processus d'embauche se déroule en 4 étapes:
     - la première étape est un test d'analyse numérique en ligne de 20 minutes comportant 25 questions
     - la deuxième étape est un test Excel et SQL qui dure 1h15 (6 questions nécessitant un bonne connaissances des outils excel pour excel et 3 requêtes avec jointures sur deux tables en SQL)
     - La troisième étape était un entretient d'une heure avec un business analyst basé sur les Leadership Principle d'Amazon (à utiliser pour présenter ses expériences passées)
     - la dernière étape était une série de 3 interviews avec 3 personnes différentes au sein d'Amazon cette fois aussi basé sur les Leadership principles.

Interview Questions

• Parle moi d'une expérience au cours de laquelle tu as du 'dive deep' (l'un des leadership principles) afin de trouver la solution à un problème. Quel a été ton processus d'analyse et de résolution ?   Answer Question